The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hacks?

Seems you need some of our hack defenders. We've let in 5 goals, you've leaked 12.

Maybe he didn't fancy managing the over paid hacks at Spurs.
Wellbeck. Maupay. And whoever else you've got up front. He can't work miracles with that strike force.

If he can turn Dunk and Burn into PL defenders with a good system he can work with Romero, Dier, Rodon and possibly even Ben Davies in a back 3. He improve us at the back and finally have capable forwards to work with.

Even with our current poor manager and worst squad we have had in 10 years we are both level on points. Would be quite the achievement for your club to maintain this for another 30 games and finish equal with us around 7th-9th. Even Bournemouth managed the odd top half finish didn't they?

Wellbeck. Maupay. And whoever else you've got up front. He can't work miracles with that strike force.

If he can turn Dunk and Burn into PL defenders with a good system he can work with Romero, Dier, Rodon and possibly even Ben Davies in a back 3. He improve us at the back and finally have capable forwards to work with.

Even with our current poor manager and worst squad we have had in 10 years we are both level on points. Would be quite the achievement for your club to maintain this for another 30 games and finish equal with us around 7th-9th. Even Bournemouth managed the odd top half finish didn't they?

Dunk would be your best CB.

We're above you in the PL, PL2 and U18.

Maybe the tides are turning, maybe you're not the club you think you are.

Dunk would be your best CB.
Lol.
We're above you in the PL, PL2 and U18.
like who gives a * after 8 games?
Maybe by season’s end that is all different.

As for U18/23’s. a moving feast as the quality of groups changes annually. 5 months ago our U18s ended the season in 6th above the famed Chelsea academy but now are below West Ham and Soton who were lowly. 23s were 3rd 5 months ago and Brighton a lot lower but ultimately who cares?
Maybe the tides are turning, maybe you're not the club you think you are.
maybe we’re not, but doubt we’re worrying too much about what our standing v Brighton is.

European participation is what we’re judged on and the standard coaches are sacked by.

All this unnecessary angst because JD has an xG stiffy.

Lol.

like who gives a fu** after 8 games?
Maybe by season’s end that is all different.

As for U18/23’s. a moving feast as the quality of groups changes annually. 5 months ago our U18s ended the season in 6th above the famed Chelsea academy but now are below West Ham and Soton who were lowly. 23s were 3rd 5 months ago and Brighton a lot lower but ultimately who cares?

maybe we’re not, but doubt we’re worrying too much about what our standing v Brighton is.

European participation is what we’re judged on and the standard coaches are sacked by.

All this unnecessary angst because JD has an xG stiffy.

You campaigners get triggered easily though.

Some kind of complex.

You campaigners get triggered easily though.

Some kind of complex.
You might want to read the last couple of pages again.

By my reckoning you got triggered that someone suggested Howe to Brighton.
Triggered that someone suggested us and Arsenal are a step up for Potter.
Triggered that JD said Brighton had hacks.

FWIW It is all moot, we're unlikely to appoint Potter and the actual stuff up was not appointing Ten Haag.

You might want to read the last couple of pages again.

By my reckoning you got triggered that someone suggested Howe to Brighton.
Triggered that someone suggested us and Arsenal are a step up for Potter.
Triggered that JD said Brighton had hacks.

FWIW It is all moot, we're unlikely to appoint Potter and the actual stuff up was not appointing Ten Haag.

I'm not triggered. I know he'll go eventually.

I just said he'll go to one of the big clubs.

The fact he said we had hacks made me laugh, made him look like a clown.

I'm not triggered. I know he'll go eventually.

I just said he'll go to one of the big clubs.

The fact he said we had hacks made me laugh, made him look like a clown.
Hacks up front sorry should have been clearer. Proven time and time again that you don't score as much as you should. Happening again this year.

Dunk and Burn are solid players who've turned into PL talents thanks to having a great manager. They aren't hacks. But they aren't amazing either. It's why they are at the level they are at their peak. I think without Potter they'd be relegation battlers or championship players at best.

Has Fonseca got the job yet? Thank * we just played them. He'd have a massive paratici chip on his shoulder and would love to get one over us

Still can't believe Tottenham refused to hire this bloke cause they didn't want him to bring 4 respect colleagues and assistances with him across.

Makes one question Levy's fitness to be owner/chairman really.

Still can't believe Tottenham refused to hire this bloke cause they didn't want him to bring 4 respect colleagues and assistances with him across.

Not the whole truth. He turned us down for other reasons as well, and arguably more important.

1. Salary. We couldn’t come to an agreement on salary.
2. Spending. Transfer spending and ability to get his targets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Over the course of 3 days we went from in talks, close to signed to gone. Squabbled over amount of back room staff he could bring and level of rebuild required.

Crazy thing is we'll end up spending more money on those 2 things getting it wrong over the long run. Rather than let him bring his own 5 back room guys we got Nathan Redmond's old man who'll be sacked in the summer at the latest, he brought 3 staff of his own and in the summer the new guy will bring in at least 3 of their own. With the squad if Conte says we need a CB, a CM and another ST then thats everyone knows that we need. Rather than sign them in a distressed market for a world class manager Fabio Parasite and Levy will sign them over 3 years for 2 different managers

Over the course of 3 days we went from in talks, close to signed to gone. Squabbled over amount of back room staff he could bring and level of rebuild required.

Crazy thing is we'll end up spending more money on those 2 things getting it wrong over the long run. Rather than let him bring his own 5 back room guys we got Nathan Redmond's old man who'll be sacked in the summer at the latest, he brought 3 staff of his own and in the summer the new guy will bring in at least 3 of their own. With the squad if Conte says we need a CB, a CM and another ST then thats everyone knows that we need. Rather than sign them in a distressed market for a world class manager Fabio Parasite and Levy will sign them over 3 years for 2 different managers
What does Redmond's dad do?

Conte would be a great get for United as long as the whole club buys in to his football, he doesnt play the 'United Way' and isnt a yes man so its going to be boom or bust. But if it works they'll be title challenges once again.

The United way hasn't worked for ten years. Sick and tired of hearing about the past, we're not Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back