The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
sh*t must be seriously bad to want that considering that lead and playing group that he is walking away from
I don't think any PSG manager has as much influence as they expect to going in. Tuchel commented about it before he got sacked. The PSG manager is basically a trainer and relationship manager and Leonardo handles everything else. The manager is responsible for placating the players and their families. The manager gets no influence on signings or the club direction. Whilst that is extreme the trainer element with DOF is not uncommon on the continent but Poch likes the way things are done in England. Whilst United have their fare share of prima donnas, the PSG squad is full of them. The family pull would be pretty significant too. If you are unhappy with your job and your family and friends aren't around to support you it'd be pretty rough.

I don't think any PSG manager has as much influence as they expect to going in. Tuchel commented about it before he got sacked. The PSG manager is basically a trainer and relationship manager and Leonardo handles everything else. The manager is responsible for placating the players and their families. The manager gets no influence on signings or the club direction. Whilst that is extreme the trainer element with DOF is not uncommon on the continent but Poch likes the way things are done in England. Whilst United have their fare share of prima donnas, the PSG squad is full of them. The family pull would be pretty significant too. If you are unhappy with your job and your family and friends aren't around to support you it'd be pretty rough.
Like someone said London to Paris isn't that much longer than London to Manchester. So the family thing is easily worked around. Guess it comes down to how much instant success matters to Poch, I don't think he ever went to PSG expecting a fairytale but knew it was his easy way to get the monkey off the back with a league title in his first full season in charge almost a given. If he is willing to throw away what he knew was going to be the case for the long term project with United then it really says a lot about him and not in a bad way, but it could be used against him in a year or so if he doesn't hit the targets with United. It's a risk that possibly is worth taking, being the first manager since Fergie to get it right with United is a massive pull. But if it doesn't work out for him with still no trophies to his name come 2023-2024 and he gets moved on those top jobs never come around again you'd have to think. I think even we'd not look at him for the return he keeps talking about if that happened ;)

Sometime I wonder if you even know what you're waffling on about at times. lol.

He probably will go to United, don't want him to but a club of their stature doesn't shop in the aisles that feature Bruce, Pardew, Allardyce etc. They go after the best.

I just don't think Poch cares about the French title as much as you seem to.
Probably favourites for the champions league as well I would have thought.

Look good on anyone's CV.

Like someone said London to Paris isn't that much longer than London to Manchester. So the family thing is easily worked around.
It's really not. I lived in Sydney for 2 years and absolutely hated it with all my family and friends in Melbourne.
This situation has probably been magnified by Covid and Brexit. I'd imagine that his family, excluding his son at Watford, would move to Manchester if he returned to England. He'd also be able to catch up with his son at Watford any time there was a United game in London.

Only on paper, that club loves a choke.

Not even on paper. Equal third favourite with two other clubs who I think would have a much bigger chance of winning it than them. As you say, chokers, and their squad has looked pretty disjointed.

It's really not. I lived in Sydney for 2 years and absolutely hated it with all my family and friends in Melbourne.
This situation has probably been magnified by Covid and Brexit. I'd imagine that his family, excluding his son at Watford, would move to Manchester if he returned to England. He'd also be able to catch up with his son at Watford any time there was a United game in London.
True forgot the hold ups with Brexit compared to when I'd do the London-Paris trip which really was no harder than going up to Liverpool or Manchester from St Pancras.

True forgot the hold ups with Brexit compared to when I'd do the London-Paris trip which really was no harder than going up to Liverpool or Manchester from St Pancras.
Yeah Eurostar is much better than Virgin Trains haha but Brexit & Covid delays and issues suck and Poch wouldn't get much free time to travel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because they've got an excellent team.

Just looked, third favourites.

That's not enough these days to win the CL, as you would well know.

Don't think they're any chance to be honest. Just something not right at that club. Don't blame Poch for considering leaving.

Yeah Eurostar is much better than Virgin Trains haha but Brexit & Covid delays and issues suck and Poch wouldn't get much free time to travel.
Would be more the rest of the family than him. But yeah with passport control now a thing with brexit and then covid on top of that it does become a more difficult trip. In saying that he took the job during the pandemic and after brexit so its not like they didn't go into it knowing these problems would be there.

That's not enough these days to win the CL, as you would well know.

That's just weird.

Don't think they're any chance to be honest. Just something not right at that club. Don't blame Poch for considering leaving.

I wouldn't put a manager that didn't think he could lead this PSG team to the Champions league in charge of Altrincham let alone a team at the top end of the football pyramid.

That's just weird.

I wouldn't put a manager that didn't think he could lead this PSG team to the Champions league in charge of Altrincham let alone a team at the top end of the football pyramid.

You have had an excellent team for years and haven't won it, what's weird about observing that? It wasn't meant as a pot shot, just a statement of fact.

Did I say he didn't think he could win it? I said I didn't think they could win it, but Poch isn't me last time I checked.

You have had an excellent team for years and haven't won it, what's weird about observing that? It wasn't meant as a pot shot, just a statement of fact.

Did I say he didn't think he could win it? I said I didn't think they could win it, but Poch isn't me last time I checked.
Cool

Because they've got an excellent team.

Just looked, third favourites.

Do they really?

Mbappe wants to leave despite the Qataris giving him pretty much everything. Plenty of their squad have their best years behind them. They didnt even win Ligue 1 last season despite PSG's wages accounting for a staggering 29% of the total Ligue 1 wage bill (363m). My club Strasbourg has a wage bill of 20m euros.

I would say only Mbappe & Neymar are world class in their squad and at their very best. Messi is a a shadow of the player he was and is only chasing an easy final big payday.

They should win Ligue 1 by January but I would be surprised if they win CL with them also being perennial chokers.

PSG are basically the United of Ligue 1, ironically. Have the players that they can play well for 10-15 mins in games and win, but the rest of the time look awful. Think I saw some stat about them going behind in some large chunk of their games. It's almost like they need to give themselves a challenge in the league.

Do they really?

Mbappe wants to leave despite the Qataris giving him pretty much everything. Plenty of their squad have their best years behind them. They didnt even win Ligue 1 last season despite PSG's wages accounting for a staggering 29% of the total Ligue 1 wage bill (363m). My club Strasbourg has a wage bill of 20m euros.

I would say only Mbappe & Neymar are world class in their squad and at their very best. Messi is a a shadow of the player he was and is only chasing an easy final big payday.

They should win Ligue 1 by January but I would be surprised if they win CL with them also being perennial chokers.

They might not win, but any manager worth his salt would see that as a big opportunity.

Runners up and semi finalists the past two seasons suggests they're not too far off things.

Third favourite for this years comp which suggests that a few rate them a bit higher than you do.

I just don't think Poch cares about the French title as much as you seem to.
Think it could be to do with the Champions League rather than the Ligue 1 title. PSG are certainly a chance to the win the CL and becoming a European Cup winning manager is nothing to be sneezed at. United might not even be in the CL next season.

EDIT - Moomba beat me to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back