The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it could be to do with the Champions League rather than the Ligue 1 title. PSG are certainly a chance to the win the CL and becoming a European Cup winning manager is nothing to be sneezed at. United might not even be in the CL next season.

EDIT - Moomba beat me to it.
So perhaps there's reason to join united to ensure they are.

As already covered I'm not sure psg are as much a chance of winning the CL as some on here do.

So perhaps there's reason to join united to ensure they are.

As already covered I'm not sure psg are as much a chance of winning the CL as some on here do.
No saying they are a shoo in to win but they are a much better chance than United. United as discussed might not even be playing CL next season such is the mess Ole left them in. Who knows what Poch wants though, maybe he doesnt care about all that and just wants to come back to England.

No saying they are a shoo in to win but they are a much better chance than United. United as discussed might not even be playing CL next season such is the mess Ole left them in. Who knows what Poch wants though, maybe he doesnt care about all that and just wants to come back to England.
I'm suggesting he may want to ensure united finish top 4 if he was going to be there next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh of course but him coming in now doesnt automatically mean they will finish 4th. It will be in his hands to do so if he comes in, doesnt mean it will happen.

Of course not. Nor does staying with PSG guarantee they win the CL. It's just a decision of which gamble he'd rather take on for his long term interests.

I think JD is spot on with there being no benefit to Poch for taking over right now. Take over in June and he can take a broom through the club with a fresh start. He can bring in his own playersand mould the team how he sees fit.

And there's a Ligue 1 title on offer although as others point out that may not matter that much as anyone in this forum could probably manage PSG to a Ligue 1 title this season.

I think JD is spot on with there being no benefit to Poch for taking over right now. Take over in June and he can take a broom through the club with a fresh start. He can bring in his own playersand mould the team how he sees fit.

And there's a Ligue 1 title on offer although as others point out that may not matter that much as anyone in this forum could probably manage PSG to a Ligue 1 title this season.

Poch couldn’t last season. :p

What if PSG get knocked out before CL semis…round of 16? What if interim mgr goes on a winning streak? A lot variables with time. If he wants the job his preference would be now.

Do they really?

Mbappe wants to leave despite the Qataris giving him pretty much everything. Plenty of their squad have their best years behind them. They didnt even win Ligue 1 last season despite PSG's wages accounting for a staggering 29% of the total Ligue 1 wage bill (363m). My club Strasbourg has a wage bill of 20m euros.

I would say only Mbappe & Neymar are world class in their squad and at their very best. Messi is a a shadow of the player he was and is only chasing an easy final big payday.

They should win Ligue 1 by January but I would be surprised if they win CL with them also being perennial chokers.
Verratti is definitely world class he’s just injured all the time

Good signing for United. They should keep him on even after this season as director of football. His style would suit Poch so it won't be a huge change come the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back