The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ha yeah, seen a fair bit of comparison of him to Bielsa, in that he's inspired a generation of managers like Klopp and Tuchel despite being pretty average himself. Like Bielsa with Pep.
Would’ve been interesting how Bielsa would’ve gone had he and Pep swapped careers. Barca, Bayern and ManC ..nice.

Ragnick gives me Bielsa vibes. A hipsters dream, an “inspiration” for people that actually are top managers, yet he’s spent his career mulling around at places like Spartak Moscow and Stuttgart. His biggest achievement is winning one German Cup against a second division side.

Probably because he is a control freak. The best thing United is going to get out of this is an actual football brain, something we've lacked for a while. He'll do his best work overseeing things. For six months he'll do.

It's interesting that he has taken the interim role. I feel like he turned down taking over at Chelsea because we only offered him the interim job.

Maybe it's the extra two years as an advisor United have offered?
Seems so, though thankfully he didnt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm that is not gonna favour Ronaldo. Be interesting to see how that goes.

Good appointment though for United, probably got the best available really.
Depends where the press starts. Alternatively, Ronaldo could get a heap of chances. Ronnie isn't exactly the future for us so I don't think anyone will be bothered.

This news has flown under the radar here

What the hell are the Blunts doing ?

Aside from the fact they pulled the trigger way too soon on Slav, Heckingbottom is an absolute trash manager.

Really hope those nitwits go down.

Another post, another childish nickname I see.

Ragnick gives me Bielsa vibes. A hipsters dream, an “inspiration” for people that actually are top managers, yet he’s spent his career mulling around at places like Spartak Moscow and Stuttgart. His biggest achievement is winning one German Cup against a second division side.
Think you are being a bit unfair. He pretty much built RB Leipzig and RB Salzburg into what they are today, had lots of success at Schalke and got Hoffenheim from the 3rd division to mid table in the Bundesliga in 5 years. If he can get us top 4 this season before we transition to Poch then great. His impact will be greater in the role he takes on at the end of the season.

his ideas are good in theory, but other than a significant overhaul in jan i dont exactly see united as a pack of gengenpressers waiting to be unleashed. never managed outside germany at the age of 63. sacked by march

Everyone knows he is not the long haul gaffer for United, just keeping the seat warm until Poch is released from his contract PSG.

His Job is to stop the rot that has festered into MUFC, and make sure they still qualify for Chpions League and stop their horrid form at home.

His age should not have any bearing on whether he is capable of achieving those goals I would have thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back