The Manager Merry-go-Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I know a Nigerian Prince who wants to share his wealth with me.

About 18 yeqts I once had an "apparent"unknown relative who was CEO of Shell in Ghana who was killed in a car accident, and I stood to inherit all his billions

Silly me, I gave that idiot my bank details.

Not going to tell you how much money I lost, suffice to say, never trust someone from Africa who promises you a fortune again.

They sounded like such a straight shooter too 😒😒

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
pantskyle , you should have said that ETH ticks all the boxes for our club but that nothing is ever certain in life and that he needs to be backed. And also that in order to have an idea of where we could finish next season, you need to see what we do in the transfer window and then you would have a better idea to answer the question, “where will United finish next season?”.

If you said all that, we wouldn’t be confused by what you were trying to say.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
pantskyle , you should have said that ETH ticks all the boxes for our club but that nothing is ever certain in life and that he needs to be backed. And also that in order to have an idea of where we could finish next season, you need to see what we do in the transfer window and then you would have a better idea to answer the question, “where will United finish next season?”.

Could’ve sworn us United fans have been jumping up and down saying we’re gonna dominate next season.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
We should, we just got our messiah.

I had us for a top 3 finish in the league and an FA Cup. And then after we’ve gelled for a season, the double with a CL Semi Final. And then the treble within three seasons.

You really believe we can win the league next season?

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
About 18 yeqts I once had an "apparent"unknown relative who was CEO of Shell in Ghana who was killed in a car accident, and I stood to inherit all his billions

Silly me, I gave that idiot my bank details.

Not going to tell you how much money I lost, suffice to say, never trust someone from Africa who promises you a fortune again.

They sounded like such a straight shooter too 😒😒
Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United

Nope, but knowing my reputation here, I had a feeling some would actually believe that story haha.

Its true that I got that email, but do you honestly think I was that gullible/stupid enough for fall for it ?

Actually don't answer that, but I am pretty happy that I managed to make you believe that I was nuffie enough to fall for it :D

I am a plonker some of the time, but I am not totally naive or ignorant 🙃

I'm sorry mate, will do better with our next manager in 9 months time.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
It always felt like it was going to be a placeholder job for Poch til he came back and a placeholder job for Conte until a top club had a job available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back