Not open for further replies.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Yeah you really can because looking at expected league position just purely on wage bill is a ******* moronic and simplistic way of doing it.
As mentioned 15/20 sides are within the 3 spot margin for error that they speak of. Was the same number last season. I'd say that's quite a good way of looking at it.

But you're SM and we all know what you are like. So yes you're right, the 5/20 > 15/20 :rolleyes:

As mentioned 15/20 sides are within the 3 spot margin for error that they speak of. Was the same number last season. I'd say that's quite a good way of looking at it.

But you're SM and we all know what you are like. So yes you're right, the 5/20 > 15/20 :rolleyes:

But clearly Palace's turnover of personnel has a huge impact on how they're expected to perform, surely you can see that? You could have the top wage bill in the league but if you're turning over 70-80% of your squad surely you understand that that won't correlate to your expected finishing position? Throw in a new manager as well who has never managed in the league..

But you're Jd and read a book so suddenly you're an expert.

Clearly getting rid of this many players shouldn't matter because they pay Zaha a lot..

Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 10.23.43 am.png

Plus, was this you bro?

1. Man City
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool
4. Man Utd
5. Leicester
6. Aston Villa
7. Leeds
8. Spurs
9. Everton
10. Arsenal
11. Brighton
12. West Ham
13. Burnley
14. Brentford
15. Southampton
16. Wolves
17. Newcastle
18. Crystal Palace
19. Norwich
20. Watford

To Get Promoted: Fulham, Bournemouth, Reading
FA Cup: Liverpool
League Cup: Manchester City
Community Shield: Manchester City
Top Scorer: Harry Kane
Best Transfer: Harry Kane
Worst Signing: ??
Champions League:
PSG
Europa League: Celtic Sevilla
Europa Conference League: Olimpija Ljubljana, The New Saints or Rennes
1st Manager Sacked: Steve Bruce

Last edited:

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
But clearly Palace's turnover of personnel has a huge impact on how they're expected to perform, surely you can see that? You could have the top wage bill in the league but if you're turning over 70-80% of your squad surely you understand that that won't correlate to your expected finishing position? Throw in a new manager as well who has never managed in the league..

Clearly getting rid of this many players shouldn't matter because they pay Zaha a lot..

View attachment 1406180

Plus, was this you bro?
Prediction was before reading the book, signing Eduoard on great wages and learning they spent so much overall.

Like I said in an earlier post, I think they'll improve next season and can push top 6 because they'll be more settled. And because I do think he is a good manager, just not worthy of a nomination. I don't think 13th is a massively overachieving after learning they have the 9th highest wage bill. It's about right for a huge turnover of the playing list. My comment was its a myth he has been one of the top 6 managerial efforts of the season. With Frank and Potter, midseason miracles by Conte and Howe and then the big two. Throw in Lage and Moyes there too

Prediction was before reading the book, signing Eduoard on great wages and learning they spent so much overall.

Like I said in an earlier post, I think they'll improve next season and can push top 6 because they'll be more settled. I don't think 13th is a massively overachieving after learning they have the 9th highest wage bill. It's about right for a huge turnover of the playing list. My comment was its a myth he has been one of the top 6 managerial efforts of the season. With Frank and Potter, midseason miracles by Conte and Howe and then the big two. Throw in Lage and Moyes there too

Maybe lay off posting for the rest of the day, you're struggling in a few threads.

Like I said in an earlier post, I think they'll improve next season and can push top 6 because they'll be more settled.
No, they won't.
The usual 6 + Newcastle + West Ham + Leicester.

And you're still underrating Vieira.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
No, they won't.
The usual 6 + Newcastle + West Ham + Leicester.

And you're still underrating Vieira.
That should be their aim. Without European football they can if others fail. Aim for 6th and get into Europe with 7th still a great outcome.

Newcastle is the great unknown. They could make the big 6 a closed 7

Leicester can't defend

West Ham isn't that far off where Palace should aim to get to imo

View attachment 1406180

Plus, was this you bro?
Cahill, Dann, Hennessey, McCarthy, Sakho, Townsend, van Aanholt, Wickham is decent experience to replace. Unproven manager has done a good job.

Edouard, Mateta, Guehi, Anderson, Gallagher (loan) were good signings by Vieira. Has made Mitchell into a good leftback.
15. Crystal Palace
I underrated him as well a touch.

Cahill, Dann, Hennessey, McCarthy, Sakho, Townsend, van Aanholt, Wickham is decent experience to replace. Unproven manager has done a good job.

Edouard, Mateta, Guehi, Anderson, Gallagher (loan) were good signings by Vieira. Has made Mitchell into a good leftback.

I underrated him as well a touch.
Think I had them last, very good effort.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Some good signings by Palace. Gallagher won’t be there next season and that’ll be a big loss. Not a big fan of Edouard. Nowhere near top six next season at this stage
What I like about palace is they identify young talent so well now. I'd back them to find a Gallagher replacement after seeing them get Eze, Guehi, Olise, Gallagher etc. into the club of late. Brilliant transfer policy turnaround. And they now have a progressive manager to utilise that transfer strategy. Big upside for the south Londoners, would not be surprised if they improve by 8-10 points next season and push for Europe

Would anyone be shocked if two months from now, Spurs fans are glad they got pummelled by United and United fans are really regretting not making the move to get Conte when he likely would have said yes?
Firm answer. Yes.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back