The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha guys, I'm an easy to read book. When it comes to the Mackems, all I ever want is the worst! :p

In a weird sort of way, I rate Moyes as a better manager than Big Sam - or at least capable of better results. But I rate Big Sam as a better managerial fit for the Mackems. Sure Moyes could potentially do better than a lot of his predecessors at the scum; but there is also the large possibility he could struggle - especially with the problems they have at the board level with Ellis Short (the owner).

Big Sam IMO gives them the best chance of surviving yet again. In a relegation battle, I would back Sam over Moyes.

Hopefully Moyes will steer clear though and some hack can take the helm - Maybe they can coax Mick McCarthy back to the club or Les Reed even. Heck, John Carver might even be tempted to trade Cyprus for Wearside. Joke Kinnear is looking for work also... :p

I think it's time for David O'Leary to make a comeback...

I think it's time for David O'Leary to make a comeback...

Last time I remember hearing about O'Leary, he might have been linked with us! :$

They weren't a basket case like Sunderland manage to be so often when he took over were they?

Honestly can't remember Everton pre Moyes so maybe he did take a relegation side up to mid table

Pretty sure Everton were pretty s**t for chunks of the time he managed them. Recall I think 09/10 them being relegation zone or near it for a lot of the season.

Seems like a few outlets have come out overnight saying Big Sam is set to be the new England boss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just my opinion but I think Sam is better than Bruce.

On a side note, found this just the slightest bit amusing:

13770484_1216347581730650_2748800456015404638_n.jpg

Just my opinion but I think Sam is better than Bruce.

On a side note, found this just the slightest bit amusing:

13770484_1216347581730650_2748800456015404638_n.jpg

Wouldn't say they're that different to be honest. Not enough to make a difference to the England team.

Reminds me of the Keegan appointment in a way. Will be clearly out if his depth

Agreed, it's not a big difference at all. Just think big Sam has done slightly better thus far. Bruce may yet end up with the role further down the track anyway.

Bruce's achievements might have been a while ago, but he got Birmingham to 10th, Wigan to 11th, and Sunderland to 13th. Don't think anyone else since him has achieved anything close to that with any of those clubs. Two promotions at Hull, a third at Birmingham (which is apparently a record), it's not actually that bad a record. Both are clearly known for playing ugly football - and they aren't attractive themselves which also adds to that perception - which is fair enough, but think they're pretty similar.

Bruce's achievements might have been a while ago, but he got Birmingham to 10th, Wigan to 11th, and Sunderland to 13th. Don't think anyone else since him has achieved anything close to that with any of those clubs. Two promotions at Hull, a third at Birmingham (which is apparently a record), it's not actually that bad a record. Both are clearly known for playing ugly football - and they aren't attractive themselves which also adds to that perception - which is fair enough, but think they're pretty similar.
Oh * me 10th gets the national job these days. 'Arry would be livid he missed his chance to woy and know is being overlooked by blokes who aren't fit to tie his shoelaces

Oh **** me 10th gets the national job these days. 'Arry would be livid he missed his chance to woy and know is being overlooked by blokes who aren't fit to tie his shoelaces
? I'm comparing Bruce to Sam, not campaigning for him to get England manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back