The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well one won league titles in various countires, a champions league, took an pretty meh dutch side to 3rd place in the world cup and reached the bear minimum of a top 4 finish.

The other managed to piss off nearly every senior player, was utterly incompetent in the transfer window, utterly shithouse at tactics and the only reason why moyes got the job was because he was british. Moyes should have never been Man Uniteds manager and if anyone thinks he got treated harshley then they are deluded.

The only reason Moyes got the job was because SAF picked him.

Moyes said that United should aspire to be more like City.

That was never going to help his job chances.

Is that the Manchester City who operate pretty bloody well as a football club? Scrub his mouth out.

The Sydney Swans should aspire to be GWS.

GWS haven't won anything, at the time City had a league title to their name and were on their way to a second one.

If we were struggling mid-table and GWS were cruising to a Top 4 finish and Longmire sprayed the squad saying they should look at how well GWS players prepared themselves and be more like them, I wouldn't bat an eye.

yeah but that doesnt mean you say that.

Maybe that's just me seeing City/Utd as faux rivals who are only in the early stages of a full-blown hatred of each other. If he'd said they should aspire to be like Liverpool I maybe would have understood it more. I'm sure he never said similar to Everton.

Is that the Manchester City who operate pretty bloody well as a football club? Scrub his mouth out.
When you're manager of United you don't say that regardless of how sensible it is.

Maybe that's just me seeing City/Utd as faux rivals who are only in the early stages of a full-blown hatred of each other. If he'd said they should aspire to be like Liverpool I maybe would have understood it more. I'm sure he never said similar to Everton.
Bloody hell.

Bloody hell.

I guess I just see United as having a fiercer rivalry with Liverpool. Guess that's just me on the outside looking in. Seems like City care more about it than United, although clearly if Moyes made a boo boo maybe not.

I guess I just see United as having a fiercer rivalry with Liverpool. Guess that's just me on the outside looking in. Seems like City care more about it than United, although clearly if Moyes made a boo boo maybe not.
That's how we are still relevant, just picking fights with Man United, Everton and (for some odd reason on this forum) Spurs.

he was a dead man walking as soon as he said it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everything that has been written says that Moyes had no idea on what to do.

He never had the players trust because he was not worthy of the job and everyone knows it

What does that say about the bloke who picked him?

What does that say about the bloke who picked him?
Well SAF pretty much told moyes to keep his staff who will give him advice as well as gave moyes a transfer list of recommended players that have been scouted extensively to make the transition easier.

But Moyes thought he knew better and brouight in spud coaches and had to scout Toni Kroos and Cesc Fabregas 1000 times to see if they are any good.

Well SAF pretty much told moyes to keep his staff who will give him advice as well as gave moyes a transfer list of recommended players that have been scouted extensively to make the transition easier.

But Moyes thought he knew better and brouight in spud coaches and had to scout Toni Kroos and Cesc Fabregas 1000 times to see if they are any good.
Moyes didn't want SAF hand so far up his arse he could have his head turned.

Fancy a manager who didn't want to be told what to do by the outgoing bloke...

Moyes didn't want SAF hand so far up his arse he could have his head turned.

Fancy a manager who didn't want to be told what to do by the outgoing bloke...
Moyes had no experience at being at a big club and he would have needed help.

SAF gave moyes a massive building block in order to not make a hash of it and Moyes thought he knew better.

So don't hire him.

No, Moyes didn't want to be managed by the giant shadow in the stands.
Nearly every United fan did not want him hired but it happened and he rejected the help and failed.

All Moyes had to do was listen to people who knew more then him and ease into the job but arrogantly he thought he knew better.

Nearly every United fan did not want him hired but it happened and he rejected the help and failed.

All Moyes had to do was listen to people who knew more then him and ease into the job but arrogantly he thought he knew better.
You keep claiming arrogance. Please tell me one other manager that's come into a club and has been ok with the outgoing manager pulling the strings?

It does not happen.

You keep claiming arrogance. Please tell me one other manager that's come into a club and has been ok with the outgoing manager pulling the strings?

It does not happen.
When the job is replacing SAF and you dont listen you are arrogant and SAF was not pulling the strings just trying to make the transition for the players and Moyes a hell of a lot easier. He ignored all advice that club was going to give him.

Moyes has false humility, He always blamed the players, blamed the club, never saw his own failures even today cant admit how badly he ****ed up.

He even thinks he was harshly done by by getting sacked for being a failure, He thinks that United did not want to spend money when he spent most of the transfer market dithering around like a muppet.

These opinions are common around united fans

When the job is replacing SAF and you dont listen you are arrogant and SAF was not pulling the strings just trying to make the transition for the players and Moyes a hell of a lot easier. He ignored all advice that club was going to give him.

Moyes has false humility, He always blamed the players, blamed the club, never saw his own failures even today cant admit how badly he stuffed up.

He even thinks he was harshly done by by getting sacked for being a failure, He thinks that United did not want to spend money when he spent most of the transfer market dithering around like a muppet.

These opinions are common around united fans
If you dont think SAF was a part of the problem, you must be an ostrich. You must have your head in the sand.

FB_IMG_1430961158794.jpg

If you dont think SAF was a part of the problem, you must be an ostrich. You must have your head in the sand.

View attachment 275674
SAF was not part of the problem he tried to make it easier for Moyes to come in and do well but moyes was arrogant dickhead who thought he knew better.

You can call me whatever you want but I am speaking the truth. SAF and the club had plans but Moyes arrogance did him in the end and the smug twat still cant see how big of a * up he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back