Status
Not open for further replies.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just read Martinez was paid out 10mil by Everton after being sacked, settled for that but could have got 12.5mil. Then gets the Belgium job, wtf
image.jpeg

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Socceroos-LFC-Crows-Adel.United
Among the revelations documented in Beasley's book 'Jose Mourinho: Up Close and Personal', he claims the Portuguese said: "When Mr Wenger criticises CFC and Man United over the deal with Mata...I will find him one day outside a football pitch and I will break his face."

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
I read somewhere that Mourinho and Rafa were the two choices at Liverpool in 2004. We chose Rafa. Be interesting to see how things would have gone if we had chosen Mourinho instead.

Oh and apparently Mou was desperate for the Liverpool job and was gutted when he didnt get it.

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Socceroos-LFC-Crows-Adel.United
I read somewhere that Mourinho and Rafa were the two choices at Liverpool in 2004. We chose Rafa. Be interesting to see how things would have gone if we had chosen Mourinho instead.

Oh and apparently Mou was desperate for the Liverpool job and was gutted when he didnt get it.

mediocre. we couldnt spend crazy money that mou requires to do well.
rafa did a great job.

Source: Danny Murphy

Because he would know.

I thought that was pretty common knowledge and had been for 12 years.
I have no doubt he was in contention for the job and lost out to Rafael, just doubt he was devastated that he didn't.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
I have no doubt he was in contention for the job and lost out to Rafael, just doubt he was devastated that he didn't.
The Liverpool job is a huge job. One of the biggest clubs in the world. He was at Porto at the time. If the story is true, I sure he was gutted he missed out on a big job. It all changed for him not long after anyways.

The Liverpool job is a huge job. One of the biggest clubs in the world. He was at Porto at the time. If the story is true, I sure he was gutted he missed out on a big job. It all changed for him not long after anyways.
Well maybe he did confide in Danny Murphy.

Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leicester, Vixens
You know, it's a good thing we're not playing West Ham away any time soon, we'll be exactly what they need.

At the rate things are going, if you're a team that's horribly out of form, of have all the odds against you, or you suffered a silly loss, let Leicester come to you. We'll make you up and running in no-time.

So Mr Conte, hang tight!

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Think West Ham and Stoke have the ability to turn it around. Sunderland are definitely stuffed though imo.

Sunderland are always "definitely" stuffed. Waiting for Moyes to be sacked and a saviour is brought in who invariably saves them from relegation with a last minute winner on matchday 38.

Sunderland are always "definitely" stuffed. Waiting for Moyes to be sacked and a saviour is brought in who invariably saves them from relegation with a last minute winner on matchday 38.

Mind you no easy points donated by us either this season. Might be telling... :D

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
So there's a lot of rumors going around in the last 24 hours that Bilic has lost the dressing room and it's split big time.

And what does it come back to? Playing Michail Antonio as a RB apparently around March last season.

If we lose to Boro, he could go, as he has no payout clause for a sacking in his contract.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
So there's a lot of rumors going around in the last 24 hours that Bilic has lost the dressing room and it's split big time.

And what does it come back to? Playing Michail Antonio as a RB apparently around March last season.

If we lose to Boro, he could go, as he has no payout clause for a sacking in his contract.
That can't be real? He's not playing him there this season. How many games did he even play at RB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back