The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonid Slutsky leaving CSKA after today's game against Tottenham.

Head coach Leonid Slutsky is to leave CSKA Moscow following Wednesday's Champions League game against Tottenham, the Russian champions have announced.

The 45-year-old took over at CSKA in 2009, replacing Juande Ramos, and guided the club to three Premier League titles and two domestic cups during his time in charge.

Alongside his role as CSKA coach, Slutsky also took the reins of the Russia national team following Fabio Capello's departure in August 2015, but his stay ended after the team's group-stage exit at Euro 2016.

A CSKA statement on Tuesday confirmed Slutsky's impending departure. It read: "After the match with Tottenham in London, Leonid Slutsky will leave his post as head coach of CSKA Moscow.

"CSKA give their thanks to Leonid Slutsky after seven fruitful years together, including three league titles, two Russian Cups and two Russian Super Cups, as well as the incredible emotions that the team under his leadership have given to the huge army of fans.

"Our club doors are always open to you, Leonid!"

Do Arsenal fans want Wenger out still? I remember after Matchday 1 they did.

He has Arsenal in a good position at 2nd place but I'm assuming they are tired of being 2-4th and want to be first.
It's hard.

He's invested well in the squad this season with Xhaka and Mustafi, if he does stay, he would need to continue to make more signings like that for it to be acceptable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do Arsenal fans want Wenger out still? I remember after Matchday 1 they did.

He has Arsenal in a good position at 2nd place but I'm assuming they are tired of being 2-4th and want to be first.

There's also a possibility that Arsenal may fall away once Wenger goes like we have since SAF left.

He's been so consistent with Arsenal for a very long time now, they want to get back to the top, but a new manager coming in doesn't always work.

so arsenal are reportedly interested in simeone, simeone comes out saying he'll one day manage inter. wenger offered extension.

hmm.
This seems to sum it up. Feel like we are on the lookout for the proper replacement and are happy to keep giving Wenger extensions until that person comes along.

Imagine there are only a few in the running, Simeone being one, Hasenhuttl as mentioned above, Thomas Tuchel potentially another and maybe Eddie Howe but feel like he needs to do a bit more before showing he is up to the task.

I think so. He's also young so is a long term option for them. Plays a very attractive brand of football too.
I agree with the long term thing, but at this stage Wenger has Arsenal in a very good position.

If they are 4th or 5th at the end of the season then sure sack him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back