The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
le tiss actually having to be the beacon of intelligence (poch wasn't well known) that stopped the stammering idiots in their tracks. so many of these pundits just have no clue.

Poch was one of the first names to mind when Hull supporters were whinging about this unknown bloke coming in who couldn't speak English - and the biggest irony is that he's ******* fluent!

It just reeks of 'They took our jerbs' mentality when the British bloke who had the job was sacked for utter incompetence.

Ah... well, guess she wanted an excuse to use the nickname Paddy again. It's the Adelaide in her. Also, it will be an accurate spelling of how A-League fans would spell his name. Until the Womble actually accomplishes something of note, that's how it's going to be!

Isn't it obvious? They're grooming Pards up when Pep decides to leave for whatever reason. I mean, you should be honoured that THE Pardiola is going to weave his magic at City. Clearly the man deserves a big club to showcase his talents, and what better than a hardworking English man like Pards? It will give City that extra kudos from pundits!
I guess it makes sense. When pep retires in 2 seasons time, paddy should be ready to take over.

this makes me uncomfortable.

Oh, I can see it now...
p04m7txh.jpg

Pardew's City leads United 1-0 with 12 to play here at Old Trafford!

11B1D938000005DC-0-image-a-23_1465390894304.jpg

I really like City a lot. They have an honest, hardworking, football man like Pards. I can see them doing the... triple plus the Champions League. United and Chelsea can certainly learn a lot from City, because I think City have made a very smart move in appointing Pardew as the new City Manager... too many foreign managers in the Premier League, taking jobs away from the hard working football man. It feels like English Football is losing its soul, and its City that is the bright light of hope, and I want to see more of it.

pardew_dance_vine.jpg

You know where to look, England.

does anyone belittle other leagues nearly as much as pundits from england? it's absolutely ridiculous. the whole 'i could manage them' argument is ******* horrid. merse couldnt even manage a ******* coke addiction.

Seeing what people in Greece say about the GSL, Mers isn't entirely wrong on that front. Olympiakos are that far ahead of everyone else that anyone with decent knowledge of Manager Mode in FIFA would win them the league with games to spare. Think of Bayern dominating the Bundesliga and times that by a hundred. He's still wrong about everything else though.

Oh, I can see it now...
p04m7txh.jpg

Pardew's City leads United 1-0 with 12 to play here at Old Trafford!

11B1D938000005DC-0-image-a-23_1465390894304.jpg

I really like City a lot. They have an honest, hardworking, football man like Pards. I can see them doing the... triple plus the Champions League. United and Chelsea can certainly learn a lot from City, because I think City have made a very smart move in appointing Pardew as the new City Manager... too many foreign managers in the Premier League, taking jobs away from the hard working football man. It feels like English Football is losing its soul, and its City that is the bright light of hope, and I want to see more of it.

pardew_dance_vine.jpg

You know where to look, England.
mods.

Seeing what people in Greece say about the GSL, Mers isn't entirely wrong on that front. Olympiakos are that far ahead of everyone else that anyone with decent knowledge of Manager Mode in FIFA would win them the league with games to spare. Think of Bayern dominating the Bundesliga and times that by a hundred. He's still wrong about everything else though.
Silva did it with a record points total. Funny thing about records is that it means you did it better than anyone else.

He beat arsenal in the CL, their first win against English opposition in something like 20 attempts.

There is no shred of truth or good point in anything mersen said.

Silva did it with a record points total. Funny thing about records is that it means you did it better than anyone else.

No, aside from Olympiakos, every other Greek side has been effected hugely by the Greek debt crisis. Panathinaikos, the second biggest club in Greece, is that s**t now that it is impossible to ever envisage them winning the league again. Same with AEK Athens. Olympiakos are just on a completely different level to everyone else in the Greek league.

He beat arsenal in the CL, their first win against English opposition in something like 20 attempts.

I told you about that.

There is no shred of truth or good point in anything mersen said.

Yes there is. The other teams are that s**t now that Olympiakos could hire anyone as manager and still dominate the Greek Super League.

No, aside from Olympiakos, every other Greek side has been effected hugely by the Greek debt crisis. Panathinaikos, the second biggest club in Greece, is that s**t now that it is impossible to ever envisage them winning the league again. Same with AEK Athens. Olympiakos are just on a completely different level to everyone else in the Greek league.

I told you about that.

Yes there is. The other teams are that s**t now that Olympiakos could hire anyone as manager and still dominate the Greek Super League.

Are they on track this season to beat the points total then? Closing in on 14 straight wins?

I actually read about it from a fair few sources, but even if you did, that just underlines why Merson's point is stupid.

Let's pause then and put aside the last twelve months of his managerial record and look at the previous 36 months then?

Are they on track this season to beat the points total then? Closing in on 14 straight wins?

I actually read about it from a fair few sources, but even if you did, that just underlines why Merson's point is stupid.

Let's pause then and put aside the last twelve months of his managerial record and look at the previous 36 months then?

Actually, about that... If we're talking points, Michael did better with one point more, but at the same time, Silva had one draw and loss... but that's been the only season with Greek League reduced in size. Granted, that's an extremely good record though, and that one loss was purely because of a walkover.

The current team will need to win all of their remaining games to ensure they tie that record (they've already got the one loss and draw.)

As much as a Leicester fan that I am, that I do say its up to the individual team's merit, but, there's a notable quality gap that can be seen in the Scottish League.

True, you can only be as good as the cattle in front of you, but for Olympacious these days, it's just more of a test to see how well you can do in the Champions League.

But as you have correctly pointed out, Merson's point is extremely silly. Silva's done very well with what was given to him, and well, there's more to a manager than just the results after all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said before on this thread that Silva has a good record at Estoril, Sporting and Olympiakos. I only agree with Merson on anyone being able to manage Olympiakos because everyone else is so s**t and has no money whilst also stating that everything else he said was stupid.

I said before on this thread that Silva has a good record at Estoril, Sporting and Olympiakos. I only agree with Merson on anyone being able to manage Olympiakos because everyone else is so s**t and has no money whilst also stating that everything else he said was stupid.

And as I repeated, Steling asked Merson about his 13 game winning run, which Merson said anyone could achieve, but no one else has.

Everyone knows Merson is a prize pillock. He's only on the panel to add a bit of controversy with his inane ramblings of a perpetually recovering alcoholic

Everyone knows Merson is a prize pillock. He's only on the panel to add a bit of controversy with his inane ramblings of a perpetually recovering alcoholic
Was actually surprised mcnulty joined him in it, I always thought he was better than that.

There's probably only one British manager who could justifiably upgrade his job at the moment and that's Eddie Howe. He needs to take the plunge for a bigger job when the next one becomes available. I can't see him landing a job with the top six though, perhaps Spurs and Arsenal being the only clubs that would consider him.

Truth is, there just isn't the talent available when it comes to English or British managers, and it's been that way for some time. Clubs have given them chances too, and had they made a success of it they may have ended up managing one of the big clubs. Don't know what Merson and Thompson are on, just venting without giving it any real thought. Rowlett or whatever his name is will get a chance at some point if he keeps doing well at Birmingham

There's probably only one British manager who could justifiably upgrade his job at the moment and that's Eddie Howe. He needs to take the plunge for a bigger job when the next one becomes available. I can't see him landing a job with the top six though, perhaps Spurs and Arsenal being the only clubs that would consider him.

Truth is, there just isn't the talent available when it comes to English or British managers, and it's been that way for some time. Clubs have given them chances too, and had they made a success of it they may have ended up managing one of the big clubs. Don't know what Merson and Thompson are on, just venting without giving it any real thought. Rowlett or whatever his name is will get a chance at some point if he keeps doing well at Birmingham
He was sacked by Birmingham last month.

He was sacked by Birmingham last month.
Lol oh. Would have made absolute zero sense for hull to appoint then. Makes their argument even more ropey. I think Hull, with the position you're in, had to make a bold appointment like the one you have. Might as well go down with a fight at the least, in a way you have nothing to lose

Lol oh. Would have made absolute zero sense for hull to appoint then. Makes their argument even more ropey. I think Hull, with the position you're in, had to make a bold appointment like the one you have. Might as well go down with a fight at the least, in a way you have nothing to lose

Well to be fair he was sacked because the owners wanted Zola, despite Rowett turning them from relegation fodder into Top 6 challengers. I was quite keen on Rowett, but had no qualms with either option. Just not sure why they were so miserable about it when we've had a foreign manager for 19 games in our 112 year history, and had given an up and coming British manager a chance for the first half of the season.

On their "Why is it always a foreign manager" - Swansea, Palace, and Sunderland all have British managers.. the former two sacked previous managers and appointed British managers. So not sure where this 'always' comes from.

has zola even won a game since they got rid of rowett for absolutely no reason?

howe does look the goods, but clubs should be trying to appoint the best manager they can, not who ticks certain criteria boxes. it's survival for hull, not boosting egos and reputations of local blokes (which they have tried to no avail)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back