The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
has zola even won a game since they got rid of rowett for absolutely no reason?

howe does look the goods, but clubs should be trying to appoint the best manager they can, not who ticks certain criteria boxes. it's survival for hull, not boosting egos and reputations of local blokes (which they have tried to no avail)
I would argue at this point Howe would have been a better appointment than say Koeman at Everton. You are right though, you have to go for the best you can, and because it's the prem league as we have seen for the top clubs that does mean the pick of the very best. If we lost Poch any time soon, I would not be upset if we appointed Howe

I would argue at this point Howe would have been a better appointment than say Koeman at Everton. You are right though, you have to go for the best you can, and because it's the prem league as we have seen for the top clubs that does mean the pick of the very best. If we lost Poch any time soon, I would not be upset if we appointed Howe
possibly, but for all we know, howe could've had the same teething problems as koeman stepping into a new job. you just never know how someone will cope with a change. grass isnt always greener etc etc

there is also the matter of young managers being able to attract big players. Howe might need to take a 7-10th ranked side into the top 6 to attract players. Look hard it was for Bilic and West Ham to attract players last summer. Could say the same about Rodgers vs Klopp at Pool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Enrique in trouble?

Sitting 3rd in La Liga half way through the season. 5 points behind Real who have a game in hand and can stretch it to 8 points.
Was struggling a bit this time last year iirc (or was it the year before).

He seems like a really sensible guy, I just feel sorry that he has come to a club that won't really help him prove himself. He's basically begging publicly for the owners to sign players since we're back to having 13-15 fit players, and if they don't help him do that then this could all end up going pear-shaped for him.

Is Enrique in trouble?

Sitting 3rd in La Liga half way through the season. 5 points behind Real who have a game in hand and can stretch it to 8 points.

Rumour is he might be leaving at the end of the season due to politics at Barca (pause for shock). A portion of the Barca hierarchy and fans don't rate him and would prefer Tuchel or Montella (from what I've read, mostly Tuchel). Winning the league is more of a bonus for Real and Barca because for them it's the UCL they chase every year now. Losing the league to Real by a s**t load would put Enrique under a lot of trouble though.

isn't that what pep does tho?

use the same tactics regardless of opposition?

Yeah, and I thought that was a good thing..

Didn't someone on here say "What's the point of bringing in a manager like Pep if we're going to sit back and play on the counter when the going gets tough? We need to be backing ourselves to win with our game plan every week."

Or something to that effect.

Yeah, and I thought that was a good thing..

Didn't someone on here say "What's the point of bringing in a manager like Pep if we're going to sit back and play on the counter when the going gets tough? We need to be backing ourselves to win with our game plan every week."

Or something to that effect.
i thought so.

imo, the gulf in talent between city and his previous clubs has caused their inconsistent performances but the tactics seem the same.

Oh.

i want us to play pep football every game. otherwise what's the point? what progress will be made if you shy away from the better sides? i want us to play how we did in the 2nd half against arsenal, the 3-1 vs barca, how we have show we can play. quick passing, through or around the press, fast counters and clinical finishing.

i want us to go out and beat everyone, because i know the side is good enough. sure, liverpool have some very good footballers, and their press can be frightening. but to just sit back and allow them to press will give them an easy win. we don't have a bunch of players who can just sit back and absorb pressure. it's not in any of our defenders nature. i don't back any of otamendi, stones, kolarov etc to just sit back and absorb pressure. and nor should they. that's losing football.

pep doesnt play the same tactics each week. he has played numerous different systems and adjusts based on who we play.

we've played 3 at the back, 4 at the back, wing backs, full backs, wingers playing through the middle, fullbacks at midfielders, false 9's.

pep is the exact opposite of playing the same tactic each week. the goal is the same but it most certainly is not the same tactic. pelle would line up in the same 4-4-2/4-3-3 type formation each week with little flexibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back