The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Birmingham's punt on Zola doesn't seem to be paying dividends. Winless in his first 7. The worst start by any of the club's managers since 1889 apparently.

Birmingham's punt on Zola doesn't seem to be paying dividends. Winless in his first 7. The worst start by any of the club's managers since 1889 apparently.
Why did they get rid of Rowett in the first place given they were looking good for a play-off spot?

Why did they get rid of Rowett in the first place given they were looking good for a play-off spot?

Lord only knows mate. I 'think' there was a perception that Birmingham played ugly football under Rowett (even if it was effective for a club with a shoestring budget) and that Rowett wasn't an enough of an exciting name to spearhead the club's new owner's ambitions.

I have nothing against their fans personally but given the way the new owners treated Rowett (sacking and replacing him in something like 12 hours), it's hard to sympathise for them. From the bits of Rowett I've seen, seemed like a decent up and coming manager.

Lord only knows mate. I 'think' there was a perception that Birmingham played ugly football under Rowett (even if it was effective for a club with a shoestring budget) and that Rowett wasn't an enough of an exciting name to spearhead the club's new owner's ambitions.

I have nothing against their fans personally but given the way the new owners treated Rowett (sacking and replacing him in something like 12 hours), it's hard to sympathise for them. From the bits of Rowett I've seen, seemed like a decent up and coming manager.

Brum fans hated the switch and think it's irony that they're doing s**t under Zola.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great player but I get very big Gary Neville vibes hearing about it.

I'd prefer to keep Moyes anyway to be honest. When our best players are fit, we do get points. Right now our medical room is overflowing.
Vierra managed in the MLS at least unlike Neville. and youth teams too I think.

Vierra managed in the MLS at least unlike Neville. and youth teams too I think.

Yeah and those Man City youth sides were (and still are) stacked. It would take an idiot of extremes to not win with those sides.

And if we want someone with MLS experience then we'll just give Braddles another PL job.

Short also wants to sell up shop and isn't spending (why do you think we're looking at Lescott?). The Viera move would need a tonne of cash that Short isn't spending and he'd want a s**t load of money for new players that Short won't spend.

Short also wants to sell up shop and isn't spending (why do you think we're looking at Lescott?). The Viera move would need a tonne of cash that Short isn't spending and he'd want a s**t load of money for new players that Short won't spend.
Fair enough. Maybe the club is more sellable with a manager like that and youth prospects being used. Doesn't look good either way

Wiki says Aitor is out of Boro and Bryan Robson is in but I can't find articles or Tweets.

Given that it's Wiki right now that could be self explanatory.

Yeah.. Wiki isn't exactly the most reliable news service haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back