The Manager Merry-go-Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole reaction about it is quite ridiculous. He sucked so got fired. That's the life of a football manager.
If he wasn't still in the Champions League I'd agree with you.

Sep 10, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Al-Nassr FC
Same as Kroenke at Arsenal.

They bought the club for the 'name'; global brand based on history/tradition/success, sponsorship piggybacking on the worldwide spread of fans, TV revenue,winning anything is just the cream on the cake. Ownership is an investment, not a passion. Success is measured by $s generated, not trophies won.

Storied 'franchises'.
FSG; Liverpool & Boston Red Sox
Kroenke; Arsenal & LA Rams.
I see so many Pool fans happy with these owners too, everything FSG do is so contrived and pathetic.

HellasOle

Cancelled
Feb 12, 2017
Oakleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
Ranieri did the impossible
But in theory he's not that gooda manager
He managed to make Greece lose to Faroe Islands and was sacked after that game. Faroe Islands hadn't won for something like 30 years, a country with a population of 50K.
And he flopped at Athletico, Valencia, Inter, etc
He's still done phenomenal but still just spare a thought

Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leicester, Vixens
Ranieri did the impossible
But in theory he's not that gooda manager
He managed to make Greece lose to Faroe Islands and was sacked after that game. Faroe Islands hadn't won for something like 30 years, a country with a population of 50K.
And he flopped at Athletico, Valencia, Inter, etc
He's still done phenomenal but still just spare a thought

That doesn't mean a lot considering your follow up manager also lost to the Faroes.

International teams are a different beast. He doesn't get to see them that often, and well, the current culture for Greece, not good at the moment.

But yeah, usually his 2nd years are quite poor in comparison to his first. In our case, combine 'a 'rest' team' with a bad year, and well, this happens (By 'rest' team, I mean any team outside of the Big 6). Rest teams are really only one bad year away from relegation at any given time.

Matt Stevic

Privileged White Cis Male Scumbag
Oct 29, 2012
Maryborough VIC
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Parramatta Eels, Arsenal, The Exers
Not that I'm aware of. People keep pushing Pearson but I really doubt that happens. I'll be livid if he comes back.

Apart from that, Guus is the one I think we're chasing for the short term.
Ouch, even with an Australian National Hero managing you guys, I still hope you get relegated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back