The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's more because he did so well when he wasn't expected to. If he gets Watford finishing 10th, no one will be praising him and clamouring for his signature. If he got them to a European spot and maybe won a trophy, then absolutely.

Yeah and he did well in other places too but no one really knew who he was. He comes to Hull, does a pretty good job and now he's all of a sudden a man in demand.

I think if he were to overachieve with Watford and have them around 7th-10th for a couple of seasons running he could well be in a position to get a crack at a big club.

I'm just trying to think of it from his point of view as to why it's a more attractive job than the Porto one. He might be looking at Pochettino's trajectory and backing himself to do something similar.

Yeah and he did well in other places too but no one really knew who he was. He comes to Hull, does a pretty good job and now he's all of a sudden a man in demand.

I think if he were to overachieve with Watford and have them around 7th-10th for a couple of seasons running he could well be in a position to get a crack at a big club.

I'm just trying to think of it from his point of view as to why it's a more attractive job than the Porto one. He might be looking at Pochettino's trajectory and backing himself to do something similar.

Yeah for sure but I'd see the Palace job as more attractive than Watford of the job's available, given Palace seem to want to build quite well and aren't in the business of sacking managers after a season.

Watford are better run than Palace. Also it is a move up from Hull.

How exactly are they better run than Palace?

And no one denied that. Sideways move I would assume was meant in terms of, compared to Porto, Watford really aren't a big step up for him.

No they dont unless you count loan players.
Yeah I'm counting Sakho who they will probs sign in the summer. Without him they just have a good attack but the defenders they have throws them right back in a relegation battle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

passata-384x0-c-default.png

Bit of background on Valverde

Good read that. Interesting to see he's been on Barca's radar for a while.

Admittedly don't know him too well but reading up on him seems like he's done some good things especially at Bilbao. Knowing their Basque squad restrictions from FM, that makes it more impressive!

Says a lot about La Liga in general when people don't seem to recognise the manager of that other club that has their own separatist issues and the fact they run quite the FM challenge with their cantera policy.

Let's be honest, prior to their gigs at Barca, I doubt anyone would've really seen their appointments as 'good' mangers. Valvarde's the highest profile manager in nearly 20 years (the last one with any credibility being Van Haal and Ferrer, hell, Rijkaard got Sparta Rotterdam relegated for the first time in its history before making it to Barca.) So, this is better than par for the course.

Valverde is a great manager he lead Bilbao to a Europa cup final also he managed the team I followed in Greece at the time they still talk about the style of his team and that would be10 years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back