The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Devil's advocate - That's against their reserve team.

I think De Boer needed more time. At the same time, I can't see Woy leaving any time soon, not until he gets a transfer window.

Whose reserve team?

I think if Woy doesn't pick up a few more wins by December he could be gone. We've already seen the precedent with Swansea last season.

Except that under De Boer they had a lot more possession and looked to actually play proper football, not just counter attacking hoofball up the field to Zaha. All of the games you quoted (bar West Ham) they had significantly less possession than their opponent.
We won the premier league while averaging about 35% possession. I suppose you think that was boring then?

Whose reserve team?

I think if Woy doesn't pick up a few more wins by December he could be gone. We've already seen the precedent with Swansea last season.
The Tractor Boys. Most of their team was the reserve team.

Well, true, but would anyone even want to try? Most likely a Championship Manager, but I would think they would need serious stones to try.

The Tractor Boys. Most of their team was the reserve team.

Well, true, but would anyone even want to try? Most likely a Championship Manager, but I would think they would need serious stones to try.

Oh, you quoted the wrong stats, think you quoted the Burnley game so I was confused by who you meant.

We won the premier league while averaging about 35% possession. I suppose you think that was boring then?

And we're equal top scorers in the Championship, I suppose you think that makes Slutsky successful?

And yeah, most of the second half of your season you were pretty dire to watch because you just went for 1-0 wins and set up shop.

Oh, you quoted the wrong stats, think you quoted the Burnley game so I was confused by who you meant.

And we're equal top scorers in the Championship, I suppose you think that makes Slutsky successful?

And yeah, most of the second half of your season you were pretty dire to watch because you just went for 1-0 wins and set up shop.

Ah sod, my bad.

After Arsenal, and I wouldn't call it dire. Far from it.

Then again, as a netural, I guess I can understand.

But even then, surely the question of 'Would these duckers screw it up?' Would've been worth it?

It was really nervy stuff. I felt like we had an appeal of our own thanks to context, you could tell that we were trying to get across the line.

Then there's last night. Had more shots than Spurs, with more also on target. Horribly negative football.

View attachment 435007
Probably should have won tbh. Gazzaniga of all people haha got us 3 points. Great between the sticks. No Alli and Kane got a knock and looked a little clueless against their bus. Zaha was a handful and should have scored.

Play like they did last night more often and Roy will keep them up.

Ah sod, my bad.

After Arsenal, and I wouldn't call it dire. Far from it.

Then again, as a netural, I guess I can understand.

But even then, surely the question of 'Would these duckers screw it up?' Would've been worth it?

It was really nervy stuff. I felt like we had an appeal of our own thanks to context, you could tell that we were trying to get across the line.

There was interest from that perspective, sure, but not from a quality of football perspective.

The fundamental point was that just because Woy's Palace have had a decent number of shots doesn't make his style of play particularly good, nor any better than De Boer's who was sacked as a result of poor results.

There was interest from that perspective, sure, but not from a quality of football perspective.

The fundamental point was that just because Woy's Palace have had a decent number of shots doesn't make his style of play particularly good, nor any better than De Boer's who was sacked as a result of poor results.

Well... that, I would have to concede. We were a bit dire after Arsenal. Title pressure was well and truly on. Even Fergie had those games.

Don't look at me for that one. As much as I don't rate Woy, Palace is his level, and I think it would be a bit foolish to sack him without a window. The Palace team isn't exactly quality.

Probably should have won tbh. Gazzaniga of all people haha got us 3 points. Great between the sticks. No Alli and Kane got a knock and looked a little clueless against their bus. Zaha was a handful and should have scored.

Play like they did last night more often and Roy will keep them up.

But according to Jatz they're really positive and attacking?

But according to Jatz they're really positive and attacking?
Bus parking against big sides is not new. Smaller clubs do it often.
I can’t attest to their other games under Roy as frankly I haven’t watched them.

Play like last night and they’ll stay up. Were a very big threat on the counter.

I can’t attest to their other games under Roy as frankly I haven’t watched them.

Play like last night and they’ll stay up. Were a very big threat on the counter.

There's quite a big mentality change between playing a Tottenham or any other big boy vs one that is on the same level as you. They have been poor against the similar sized clubs, which is their bread and butter. If you can't stop your rivals getting points, then you're not going to last.

Add in Benteke and they'll do alright. When you play with 1 up front you really need that big bloke to anchor them.

Zaha cost them points this time around. Unforgivable miss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's quite a big mentality change between playing a Tottenham or any other big boy vs one that is on the same level as you. They have been poor against the similar sized clubs, which is their bread and butter. If you can't stop your rivals getting points, then you're not going to last.
I'll take your word for it in the absence of having watched them haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back