The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton were a powerhouse in the 80s under Kendall. Shame that English clubs had the Euro ban during that time...

Now im hearing that they want Simeone. He even refused to speak to Chelsea ,let alone take this job..

He was lauded for that time yet he won no silverware..
it was a solid period at best and not some glory period that some people say..

Every club is measured differently. doing that with Everton is better than Klopp taking Liverpool to mediocrity.

I guess it all depends on context really. Everton were a bit no-where as a club for a decade before it looked like they were finally becoming a Top 7 club, and pushing on to maybe drawing level with Liverpool. With Fat Sam, that's kinda admitting they are closer to the lower half than anything.

I'm still surprised they didn't go for Dyche to give him an opportunity to see how he would do with many pound notes. If you're going to go English, then surely Dyche would be the one worth the shot?

That's the thing, you see, Fat Sam and Moyes have done it all. Dyche can learn more. Key difference there!

It's actually interesting, I feel like there's less poaching of managers during the season than there was say, ten years ago.

The grass anin't always greener. With the money going into the league, long term is basically 3 years, maybe even 2 years, and people wants results now.

Dyche? How the hell do we know he can spend money. He could relegate us. Do not want. Ah, Fat Sam, there's a bloke that knows what he's doing. We're safe!

I think it's probably a mix of no one wanting to take a risk on the unprovens from well performing clubs, and said managers unwilling to leave the clubs they are doing well at.

I'm still baffled as how no one has attempted to take a punt of Rafa, or had even mentioned him as a candidate for any of the jobs. I think Rafa was mentioned like once or twice when we were available, yet none for West Ham nor Everton.

I think Rafa is waiting to see if new owners come in, otherwise he'll make himself available during the summer.

But of all this talk of quality managers. Dyche was mentioned, but not even Rafa once?

I mean, if there was anything that was worth a bit of cage rattling, surely claiming Rafa as a potential replacement would add some spice to it?

Yet amazingly, not a mention of it. You would think that all three clubs would've considered asking Rafa at the very least, and it was reported as such?

But of all this talk of quality managers. Dyche was mentioned, but not even Rafa once?

I mean, if there was anything that was worth a bit of cage rattling, surely claiming Rafa as a potential replacement would add some spice to it?

Yet amazingly, not a mention of it. You would think that all three clubs would've considered asking Rafa at the very least, and it was reported as such?
West Ham did approach him apparently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newcastles squad is a pile of crap and Rafa had them in the top 6. Moyes had Defoe and Pickford and still got relegated.
Reckon Newcastle have a better midfield though.

That said your point is well taken.

I'd honestly take finishing 17th and somehow getting Rafa for next season if I could take that outcome right now...

Reckon Newcastle have a better midfield though.

That said your point is well taken.

I'd honestly take finishing 17th and somehow getting Rafa for next season if I could take that outcome right now...

Before this season I heard rumours about them ditching Jonjo but he seems to have turned his form around a bit, Also Merino and Hayden have been pretty good this season creating a fight for spots.

Rafa would not leave Newcastle for a Leicester or West Ham. He's worshipped by Newcastle fans and he wouldn't throw that all away for a sideways move. It's not in his make up.

Alright. So that means Dyche won't be moving to Arsenal or Liverpool then, as he is loved by Burnley and those clubs are sideway moves at best.

Good to know.

I don't even know what point you're trying to make.
I was wondering the same thing. Because I mentioned Rafa in context to West Ham and Everton. Not us.

Because I don't remember either of those clubs approaching him, (apparantly West Ham did, but not Everton).

I kinda thought that was a dig, sonce you mentioned us, but not Everton, I guess.

Even if it were sideways, there's uncertainty about the future ownership of Newcastle, whereas any of the other three would've not only paid him well, but would've given him more of a free reign. There were runours that Rafa was frustrated with the transfer business at the club.

I'm more than happy with Puel. Just a little more suprised with the other two. I want Rafa to stay at Newcatle. I'd like to see a strong Newcastle again.

I was wondering the same thing. Because I mentioned Rafa in context to West Ham and Everton. Not us.

Because I don't remember either of those clubs approaching him, (apparantly West Ham did, but not Everton).

I kinda thought that was a dig, sonce you mentioned us, but not Everton, I guess.

Even if it were sideways, there's uncertainty about the future ownership of Newcastle, whereas any of the other three would've not only paid him well, but would've given him more of a free reign. There were runours that Rafa was frustrated with the transfer business at the club.

I'm more than happy with Puel. Just a little more suprised with the other two. I want Rafa to stay at Newcatle. I'd like to see a strong Newcastle again.

Was not a dig. It's just that he was mentioned when you guys were looking for a manager as well. Everton is just a complete non-starter. He'd never go there and Everton fans would never accept him anyway.

My point was just simply that I don't think it's in Rafa's character to ditch Newcastle considering the rapport he has with the fans. Having that relationship with supporters is a bigger deal to Rafa then any manager I know of. That's why I never thought for a second he'd leave in the pre-season when there was the dispute over money. I think Mike Ashley thought the same and basically called his bluff.

Alright. So that means Dyche won't be moving to Arsenal or Liverpool then, as he is loved by Burnley and those clubs are sideway moves at best.

Good to know.
Form is temporary. Class is permanent.
There will never be an instance where Burnley to Arsenal or Liverpool is a sideways move.

Was not a dig. It's just that he was mentioned when you guys were looking for a manager as well. Everton is just a complete non-starter. He'd never go there and Everton fans would never accept him anyway.

My point was just simply that I don't think it's in Rafa's character to ditch Newcastle considering the rapport he has with the fans. Having that relationship with supporters is a bigger deal to Rafa then any manager I know of. That's why I never thought for a second he'd leave in the pre-season when there was the dispute over money. I think Mike Ashley thought the same and basically called his bluff.

That's a good point. Rafa wouldn't be one to go to the rival. It does mean a lot to him. Also the same in regards to having some class and waiting to see how it goes.

I have nothing but utmost respect for the man. Few would ever do what he did.

Form is temporary. Class is permanent.
There will never be an instance where Burnley to Arsenal or Liverpool is a sideways move.

Late 50s-early 60s? Where Burnley was constantly competing, including a title?

Heck, Huddersfield once had the greatest team of all time over a span of 6 years.

I was joking, but you never know what can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back