Star Wars The Mandalorian

Remove this Banner Ad

Open to anyone of differing political views, but ultimately this is a Media and Entertainment board.

Like Phantom said the last page or so wasn't as amicable and it's clear as day the thread has the potential to veer well offtopic.

Before anyone screeches *CENSORSHIP* there's nothing stopping anyone from resuming discussion by creating a thread on SRP.

Personally, while political discussion is a worthy topic, people like myself tire of reading it seep into every non political discussion on BF (and all social media for the matter) until it's mindlessly debated into submission with inane back and forth that adds nothing.

It's exhausting.
While I agree this is a media board and not politics, Carano being fired is very relevant to the show. Reckon the topic would have worn itself out within a day or so. No one's going to start a thread just to discuss Carano, so it just means the topic gets dropped. Which is not the end of the world, but hey, I like enteratinment and politics :)

I do hope they recast her so the character isn't tainted with all of this. I think there was definitely an interesting plot in there regarding the ptsd of Alderaan being gone.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they just pivot to focus more on Bo. Will be interesting to see what happens.
I hate recasting, takes me out of a show. It sucks, but they can easily replace with a new character with a new, interesting back story.

While I agree this is a media board and not politics, Carano being fired is very relevant to the show. Reckon the topic would have worn itself out within a day or so. No one's going to start a thread just to discuss Carano, so it just means the topic gets dropped. Which is not the end of the world, but hey, I like enteratinment and politics :)

I hate recasting, takes me out of a show. It sucks, but they can easily replace with a new character with a new, interesting back story.

I think one of the very strong arguments in favour of recasting is to distinguish the character from the actor. It would be unfortunate if that character was just dropped from all forms of media because of the actions of an actress. I agree it takes me out a bit but you see it happen in the Marvel movies and other things.

I think one of the very strong arguments in favour of recasting is to distinguish the character from the actor. It would be unfortunate if that character was just dropped from all forms of media because of the actions of an actress. I agree it takes me out a bit but you see it happen in the Marvel movies and other things.
Rhodes/War Machine got recast after ironman didn't see to bother anyone except for Terence Howard.

War Machine: Terrence Howard -> Don Cheadle
Hulk/Bruce Banner: Edward Norton -> Mark Ruffalo

Arguably i'd say the recast ended up a better fit for the characters

I always distinguish characters from actors. I can still watch The Usual Suspects, regardless of Kevin Spacey. It's one of those things that would annoy me for a bit but, if like the Rhodey example, it went on for a while, I would forget about it.

Norton never even interacted with other MCU characters anyway.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Norton never even interacted with other MCU characters anyway.

Thunderbolt Ross was in a few of the movies.
Downey Jr also cameo'd in a post credits scene.

But yeah for the most part Norton never got the chance to interact with the other MCU characters in future films due to his creative differences with Marvel.

I'll just say, I hate it when people compare SW to Marvel.

In one you have a stagnant singular universe where everything has an idea which formed a plan which created life, there's history and you don't screw with the history and not have massive fracture somewhere.

In the other, you had a fresh reset depending on what was occurring during any particular time period. Entire universes were created to house various imitations of known instances and in the end nothing really mattered since permadeath wasn't a thing, and Samuel L Jackson come on down as the white commando guy turned super secret soldier from the 40's moving forward. BTDUBZ lets have the fat bloke literally eat the poignant strong woman character.

What this boils down to is expectation; in one you give a crap about the history, the legacy. In the other, you don't since there's always another option.

Sure, someone like Wolverine must have an adamantium skeleton, Spiderman must sling a web of some description and be smart; but they don't all have to be the same exact person in shape, size, form, gender. Meanwhile Luke Skywalker has to be a male, has to be a Jedi, has to be Anakins son, has to be Leia's twin, has to be all these things and more otherwise he doesn't fit the universe representation of him.

It's a poor comparison. People see the Disney connection and they both have movies, but that's where the similarities end.

There is also no reason to recast Cara, she's a sheriff", on a backwater planet with an interesting backstory who can be easily written off as basically doing her job. Goodbye, so long, farewell. Here's literally anyone else in the New Republic Fleet to fill the role of connection element for potential Mandalorian crusade since 2 people alone weren't off Alderaan when it exploded.

Mountain from molehill in my eyes.

It's a poor comparison. People see the Disney connection and they both have movies, but that's where the similarities end.
People also see the crappy attempt that Disney/Lucasfilm made to created a large cinematic universe and the increased humour and thats also why there’s comparisons.

It’s Disney/Lucasfilm’s fault for trying to copy Marvel when the Star Wars universe didn’t suit it.

I sided with her last time over the trans bullshit, but this as I said earlier is indefensible.

Whilst I don't believe it is directly, matter of fact it straight up isn't, anti semantic, I do believe it is incredibly stupid and insensitive and over dramatic.

Seems ok when Pedro did it.

Seems ok when Pedro did it.

It wasn't the one tweet from Carano that got her fired, it was a culmination of her last 12 months.

If Pedro has also spent the last 12 months doing the same thing as Carano the situation might be comparable.

If Pedro were to be fired it would be due to way less reasons than Carano.

It wasn't the one tweet from Carano that got her fired, it was a culmination of her last 12 months.

If Pedro has also spent the last 12 months doing the same thing as Carano the situation might be comparable.

If Pedro were to be fired it would be due to way less reasons than Carano.
Pedro has spent the last 12 months doing the same thing as Carano though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pedro has spent the last 12 months doing the same thing as Carano though.

What? He's like the polar opposite of Carano
-Hasn't gone on about a stolen election for Trump conspiracy theory (Admittedly he does appear to be a Biden supporter)
-Hasnt been anti-mask
-Hasnt been anti-vax
-Supported Trans rights (I think his sister recently came out as Trans?)
-Supported the BLM movement

The holocaust post is the only similarity and that was from 3 years ago. Its baffling you are trying to compare the two

End of the day Carano's social media over the last 12 months was the reason she got moved on, not one tweet.

What? He's like the polar opposite of Carano
-Hasn't gone on about a stolen election for Trump conspiracy theory (Admittedly he does appear to be a Biden supporter)
-Hasnt been anti-mask
-Hasnt been anti-vax
-Supported Trans rights (I think his sister recently came out as Trans?)
-Supported the BLM movement

The holocaust post is the only similarity and that was from 3 years ago. Its baffling you are trying to compare the two

End of the day Carano's social media over the last 12 months was the reason she got moved on, not one tweet.
They've both filmed Mando and used twitter.
That's all i meant.

They've both filmed Mando and used twitter.
That's all i meant.
"Seemed OK when Pedro did it" in response to a post about her digressions? You're being incredibly disingenuous here.

Guys I don’t even watch the show and I’ve had to field more complaints and come in here more than any other threads combined in the last few days.

I’ve read through and you’re all delicately balancing on a very fine line of what’s acceptable and what’s not, I’ve been pretty tolerant and patient of it to date but if I have to come back in here I’m taking a hard line and deletions and infractions.

Guys I don’t even watch the show and I’ve had to field more complaints and come in here more than any other threads combined in the last few days.

I’ve read through and you’re all delicately balancing on a very fine line of what’s acceptable and what’s not, I’ve been pretty tolerant and patient of it to date but if I have to come back in here I’m taking a hard line and deletions and infractions.
I am truly surprised there is even one complaint. The debate has been very civil and relevant to the show. I have read 10x worse debates just on the Bulldogs board, where we are all meant to be friends. This sacking impacts our beloved Star Wars in many ways and is so relevant to 2021. I hope there is not some weird ass agenda going on with someone?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back