Star Wars The Mandalorian

Remove this Banner Ad

The people here that have seen it have liked it. It's doing very well on the review sites like IMDB RT, etc.

Googling Mandalorian shows positive news articles.....am I missing something?

Not sure if a couple of bad reviews count as 'lot of negative press'?

After I watched the episode I searched for reviews, all of the ones on the first page of google were negative. A lot of complaints about lacking emotional connectivity due to not showing his face. Everyone I've spoken to likes it, I think it's another example of an artsy critic crowd not sharing the perspective of the audience. Such as the Joker, Amy Schumer/Dave Chappelle's stand up specials etc...

After I watched the episode I searched for reviews, all of the ones on the first page of google were negative. A lot of complaints about lacking emotional connectivity due to not showing his face. Everyone I've spoken to likes it, I think it's another example of an artsy critic crowd not sharing the perspective of the audience. Such as the Joker, Amy Schumer/Dave Chappelle's stand up specials etc...

Sounds like another star wars property

There's a certain mystique about the bounty hunter and their impersonal facade, I hope he doesn't take the helmet off just to placate the negs.

The thing to do would be the Iron Man approach with the internal camera. Thought Favreau was the perfect choice for a helmeted protagonist.

im definitely not disappointed with episode 1. just noticed a few things and posted but i can see it charting better and better stories. it certainly isnt as good as The Expanse was, but cant really compare, two very different premises
It's funny what can bug you, that robotic doorbell eye in the movies is sharp and precise in it's movements, like a machine, in the Mandalorian it's someone holding a stick on the other end and it's waving about like a frickin Dalek's toilet plunger. I think it bugs me because everything else is so good and they miss that. :(

Last edited:
It's pretty good. What I wasn't expecting was the Tarantino vibes the end credits were giving out.

It was a quick 40 minutes.

Last edited:
It's funny what can bug you, that robotic doorbell eye in the movies is sharp and precise in it's movements, like a machine, in the Mandalorian it's someone holding a stick on the other end and it's waving about like a frickin Dalek's toilet plunger. I think it bugs me because everything else is so good and they miss that. :(
Lol, that is so spot on, good spotting, good thing to be annoyed at.

This is gonna be a slow burn. Disintegrating Jawas was funny, and having to retrieve The Egg to trade for his ship's parts only for the Jawas to just want to eat it. Pretty much an episode to show Yoda Jr can control The Force, which was to be expected, but not a really monumental moment.

Disappointed IG-11 didn't return in some capacity. He really needs to be the "oh my God, you killed Kenny!" character IMO. :p

I have spoken.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enjoyed episode 2, and i like the show, but it's still yet to really break ground.

This episode 2 felt like a Rebels filler episode...like someone said before....where there's a crisis for the day, a bunch of annoying problems, but everything ends well at the end of the episode, the day is saved, but, nothing of great importance happened.

Still...you can also look at it all like this is the story of the adventures that Mando finds himself ensnared in, day by day, in his quest to seek out this bounty and bring it back home. so we're just following his story.

Planet's a Tatooine clone with Jawas. ******* fresh :rolleyes:

Yoda baby being connected to the force very predictable so no points for that.

Title character speaks like a video game. He's ****ed if the battery in the crib dies.

A lot of not much in this episode.

The Mandalorian has so many possibilities as to where it can go next

There's many possibilities and it won't do any of them. We'll get back to the first Tatooine clone planet to meet Gus from Breaking Bad and whatshername from MMA.

Last edited:
Filler episode, although apparently Angry Joe Show really liked it.

I think the Mandalorian will take his mask off at an important part of the story, maybe to protect his passenger or something like that.

I didn't think it was a good choice to have the hero or anti-hero kill an animal and plunder its nest.

The episode was only ok, could have easily been a part of ep 1 if they wanted to have hour long episodes.

The Jawas have the tech to go and get the egg themselves.

Did we need a 2 minute montage of the ship being rebuilt???

Not enough dialogue in the episode for me.

john favreaux a disappointing showrunner, lacking writing chutzpah (so far)
I was thrilled when he got the Lion King, I knew he'd ruin it. The curse of Kimba the white lion shall not rest without recognition and recompense.

I was thrilled when he got the Lion King, I knew he'd ruin it. The curse of Kimba the white lion shall not rest without recognition and recompense.
if nothing important and dramatic with substance happens in episode three i can see the fans/critics turning on The Mandalorian. its really empty at the moment, just a bunch of fan service easter eggs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back