Star Wars The Mandalorian

Remove this Banner Ad

Most other employers in her industry, perhaps so. What’s interesting here is Disney have shown their hand previously with ‘cancel culture’. James Gunn for example (however was later eventually reinstated).

She’d perhaps want to be a bit careful given people would be looking towards Disney to do something (even for the sake of doing/saying something).
Robert Downey Jr went in to bat for Mel Gibson and Disney did nothing despite the outage that caused.

If being onside with him won't get them moving, nothing will.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Robert Downey Jr went in to bat for Mel Gibson and Disney did nothing despite the outage that caused.

If being onside with him won't get them moving, nothing will.

Don’t even recall that. But anyway, not really an apples v apples comparison. He’s far bigger and not as “expendable” (I know that’s a harsh word but struggling to find an equivalent right at the moment).

She's not transphobic, she's anti mental cases and bullies.

These pronoun people are just ludicrous and ridiculous human beings.

Good on Gina for firing back at these dickheads.

You think putting "Beep/Bop" isn't mocking the trans community?

The best part is Gina, as a strong woman of action, would whoop all their arses.

This sh*t is well and truly f’ed.

Yeah physical dominance/violence should certainly be the determining factor here. FFS what a pathetic schoolyard mentality.

You think putting "Beep/Bop" isn't mocking the trans community?

Nope, since when do trans people give a toss about pronouns? Pretty sure they just identify as men or women as well.

She made a funny Star Wars joke by identifying as a droid to her haters.

Anyone who tries to get her cut from the show needs one of her uppercuts.

Yeah physical dominance/violence should certainly be the determining factor here. FFS what a pathetic schoolyard mentality.
Jesus, settle down.

Gina has become something of herself in a male dominated world. I'm sure she's suffered more discrimination than most of those getting upset by her 'intolerance' on twitter, that have threatened her and said awful things to her, and become stronger for it.

I'm not suggesting she go out and start bashing people. I am saying these big mouths on the internet calling her awful things and telling her to die, that's not something they'd get away with in the flesh. They are sad people. Much sadder than Gina. And their behaviour isn't doing anyone any favours.

Jesus, settle down.

Gina has become something of herself in a male dominated world. I'm sure she's suffered more discrimination than most of those getting upset by her 'intolerance' on twitter, that have threatened her and said awful things to her, and become stronger for it.

I'm not suggesting she go out and start bashing people. I am saying these big mouths on the internet calling her awful things and telling her to die, that's not something they'd get away with in the flesh. They are sad people. Much sadder than Gina. And their behaviour isn't doing anyone any favours.

I dunno if someone is actively trying to ruin your career, your livelihood, everything you've worked hard for etc then they deserve a punch in the head.

I'm sure Gina's bad arsery is what got her this role.

She was great in Deadpool and gave her character a legit toughness to it.

When she punched Collosus it was a yeah you can do that in real life moment so you're legit tough.

When a Natalie Portman type is pushed as being tough it's lame.

I see it more like Bebop and Rocksteady, because they are all mercenaries.
200.gif

Unlike the cowards that have been abusing her on social media? Double standards much?

Huh? Where did I say either side was right to use violence? Bostonian and Edgie showing their colours though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What colours?

Sane logical people colours I guess.

Using the threat of physical violence as a sign of dominance. But knowing your other positions on such matters I'm hardly surprised.

Should probably move on from this topic as people aren't likely to be on the same page.

Using the threat of physical violence as a sign of dominance. But knowing your other positions on such matters I'm hardly surprised.

Should probably move on from this topic as people aren't likely to be on the same page.

It's not a sign of dominance.

It's a sign of potential consequence.

Just because I can take care of myself doesn't mean I actively seek to use that skillset. It's simply there if needed.

Just as if people are going to threaten Gina then zero to complain about if she knocked one of them out if they carried on with their bullshit to her face.

She's done nothing wrong. Just as nothing wrong with supporting her position.

I'm sure Gina's bad arsery is what got her this role.

She was great in Deadpool and gave her character a legit toughness to it.

When she punched Collosus it was a yeah you can do that in real life moment so you're legit tough.

When a Natalie Portman type is pushed as being tough it's lame.
Checkout Haywire. She's great in that.

Huh? Where did I say either side was right to use violence? Bostonian and Edgie showing their colours though.
What colours? Laughing off abuse and threats being made over the internet to someone who's a real like arse kicker? The literal example of keyboard warriors?

She could have found a better way to deal with the issue but I don't think it will affect her career significantly.

Or society can push back against these ridiculous pronoun people and let them know people aren't going to put up with their bullshit.

They can be into it if they want but nobody else is under any obligation to believe in the crap.

Just like Gina did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back