Star Wars The Mandalorian

Remove this Banner Ad

There has to be some reason to want to like the guy in the show and want to follow him otherwise who cares when he is trouble or any other adventure he is in.

Yeah. Who cares that two movies deep in to the OT Han Solo was still a selfish rogue. I bet he was not at all a liked character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From memory the first season or two there's only perhaps 6-8 episodes per season. Gradually grows to about 10 episodes thereafter. Very easy to get into and having the next episode available on tap is an advantage with a show like this, rather than waiting week to week (or year to year as it originally unfolded). Anyway, just try it. It will take your mind temporarily off Star Wars at least :D

For some reason I don't get that sense from this. It genuinely looks a darker tone and set away from the established universe. I've got no doubt though the Rogue One/Cassian Andor show and Obi-Wan's series will be milking the nostalgia/cameos, but not this one. Anyway, just a hunch. Time will tell.

I hope with Cassian we get the ruthless win at all costs sort like he appears at the start of R1.

Yeah. Who cares that two movies deep in to the OT Han Solo was still a selfish rogue. I bet he was not at all a liked character.

Selfish? Maybe but deep down he had shown plenty of character. Or he wouldn't of come back at the end of the 1st movie to save Luke.

If he had no heart of gold he would not of been anywhere near that space station again. Especially after getting his reward.

Edit. Or the beginning of empire when he risked his life to go find Luke again instead of heading off to pay off the bounty.
Or finding lea when the base was under attack.

Hmmm he was a rogue no doubt but that heart was always there.

Last edited:
Breaking Bad is the opposite of the typical rough exterior gold heart storyline though. Peeling away the layers of goodness to reveal a massive a-hole.
Gilligan stated his goal was to take Mr Chips and turn him into Scarface. It’s certainly not a stereotypical show.

Last edited:
Selfish? Maybe but deep down he had shown plenty of character. Or he wouldn't of come back at the end of the 1st movie to save Luke.

If he had no heart of gold he would not of been anywhere near that space station again. Especially after getting his reward.

Edit. Or the beginning of empire when he risked his life to go find Luke again instead of heading off to pay off the bounty.
Or finding lea when the base was under attack.

Hmmm he was a rogue no doubt but that heart was always there.

Yes, but it always seemed like a battle with him. That made it interesting. Even at the beginning of Empire when he talks about wanting to finish up to pay Jabba, and it was all fine.

The Solo movie made it too much 'good hearted' stuff, when it should have gone the other way.

Yes, but it always seemed like a battle with him. That made it interesting. Even at the beginning of Empire when he talks about wanting to finish up to pay Jabba, and it was all fine.

The Solo movie made it too much 'good hearted' stuff, when it should have gone the other way.

So a rogue with a heart. Exactly like he was in every movie incarnation.

So a rogue with a heart. Exactly like he was in every movie incarnation.

Solo pushed it too far where the good heart became too prominent, despite the movie doing its best to convince us otherwise, which is what I was always saying from the start. Not the OT.

Solo pushed it too far where the good heart became too prominent, despite the movie doing its best to convince us otherwise, which is what I was always saying from the start. Not the OT.

No different. The Movie may not have been the best but he was just as tough around the edges as he was in every flick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back