Star Wars The Mandalorian

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons/Winnipeg Jets
Not 100% sure that this is what it will be called but its a new live action Star Wars tv series.

You know that thing we have all been wanting since forever?

It better be good.

the-mandalorian-1024x809.jpg

Big tick from me.

Problem is will anyone get to see it if it's stuck on the new Disney streaming service?

If we end up back on Tattooine, I'll spew up.
Whilst there is only so much info out at the moment, I am not loving the time setting of it essentially being between episode 6 and 7.

Wish we could just move away from that time period.

Last edited:
Whilst there is only so much info out at the moment, but I am not loving the time setting of it essentially being between episode 6 and 7.

Wish we could just move away from that time period.

I suspect the GoT crew series of films will be targetted right at you. Hopefully thry nail it.

It's set three years after ROTJ; if anything, that's an underserviced era by Disney in film or books and ripe for good stories about what happened to the Empire and the beginnings of the New Republic.

So not a story about an individual dudes adventure, but rather filling in the gaps the movies should have done?

Sent from mTalk

So not a story about an individual dudes adventure, but rather filling in the gaps the movies should have done?

Sent from mTalk
I have no idea what it will be about but TV good shows should include world building, so we will get insights what was happening at the time. And no, it's not the responsibility of the films to dump 30 years of history into two hours. There was enough to set up the new story.

EDIT: Let's not try and drag TLJ into every Star Wars thread. Let's keep this about the Mandalorian.

It's set three years after ROTJ; if anything, that's an underserviced era by Disney in film or books and ripe for good stories about what happened to the Empire and the beginnings of the New Republic.

Not in books, it's very heavily populated already. It's the post-Jakku era that is pretty slim pickings.

Very keen for this though, looks great.

Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun! After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic. The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode. Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok). It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun! After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic. The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode. Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok). It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer
Ugh why can't KK just * off from everything

Not in books, it's very heavily populated already. It's the post-Jakku era that is pretty slim pickings.

Very keen for this though, looks great.
Really? We had the Aftermath trilogy (which didn't really feature major characters) and the Han Solo novel. That's it. We've had plenty of OT era with R1 and Solo in film, the Battlefront novels, Certain Point of View in books. Phasma and Bloodlines are in the ST era. I'm keen for a bit of world building immediately after ROTJ.

Really? We had the Aftermath trilogy (which didn't really feature major characters) and the Han Solo novel. That's it. We've had plenty of OT era with R1 and Solo in film, the Battlefront novels, Certain Point of View in books. Phasma and Bloodlines are in the ST era. I'm keen for a bit of world building immediately after ROTJ.

Lost Stars, the Aftermath trilogy, Inferno Squad, Alphabet Squadron (upcoming), Last Shot all taking place in the years after ROTJ, compared to Bloodline (Bloodlines is a Legends book) and Phasma as the only two ST era books.

Lost Stars, the Aftermath trilogy, Inferno Squad, Alphabet Squadron (upcoming), Last Shot all taking place in the years after ROTJ, compared to Bloodline (Bloodlines is a Legends book) and Phasma as the only two ST era books.
I'm reading Inferno Squad as we speak, it's set after ANH, so OT era. Haven't read Lost Stars because it's young adult and (I believe) doesn't include any core characters. Last Shot has been the only genuine post ROTJ story focused on the core characters.

It makes sense they won't do too much around the ST era until the movies close out. But they have 30 years to work with post between ROTJ and TFA. Again, I think they want to see how Episode IX ends before doing too much because it obviously may reference some of that history.

I'm reading Inferno Squad as we speak, it's set after ANH, so OT era. Haven't read Lost Stars because it's young adult and (I believe) doesn't include any core characters. Last Shot has been the only genuine post ROTJ story focused on the core characters.

It makes sense they won't do too much around the ST era until the movies close out. But they have 30 years to work with post between ROTJ and TFA. Again, I think they want to see how Episode IX ends before doing too much because it obviously may reference some of that history.

I heard Inferno Squad extended into post-ROTJ?

This show isn't based on the core characters so not sure why that's relevant..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back