Star Wars The Mandalorian

Remove this Banner Ad

It was partially on Lucas too, but gee whiz, Disney didn't help. At all. They doubled down on one of the biggest logic holes.
It's all on Lucas, Disney have just continued it. Once the prequels came out and showed what an integral part of recent history the Jedi were, the way they were regarded in the OT makes no sense. If anything, Disney makes a little more sense because there's no suggestion Luke went public with the Jedi in the 30 years after ROTJ. In fact, I recall a reference in one of the books that Luke wanted to set up the academy and train them quietly.

It's all on Lucas, Disney have just continued it. Once the prequels came out and showed what an integral part of recent history the Jedi were, the way they were regarded in the OT makes no sense. If anything, Disney makes a little more sense because there's no suggestion Luke went public with the Jedi in the 30 years after ROTJ. In fact, I recall a reference in one of the books that Luke wanted to set up the academy and train them quietly.

Lol here's Jack right one cue.

Everyone knew Darth Vader was a sith, a force user. The last of his kind, he was referred to as. Nobody didn't believe in the force however. Now, someone supposedly raised and educated in Mandalorian ways, a culture of people who have history intertwined with the Jedi that has shaped their lore, literally has no idea about them. Lol, this person was even part of the Clone Wars, where Jedi played a huge role, and knows nothing of them.

Yeah, that's on George.

Lol here's Jack right one cue.

Everyone knew Darth Vader was a sith, a force user. The last of his kind, he was referred to as. Nobody didn't believe in the force however. Now, someone supposedly raised and educated in Mandalorian ways, a culture of people who have history intertwined with the Jedi that has shaped their lore, literally has no idea about them. Lol, this person was even part of the Clone Wars, where Jedi played a huge role, and knows nothing of them.

Yeah, that's on George.
It's referred to as a hokey old religion, treated with disdain, and some people act like they have never heard of the Jedi.

Hell, Han was alive when the Jedi were at their peak.

For a robot.

He want to take it off all the time and got shorty when they said no, hence the 50% of the show won’t have him in it.

A good actor plays the roll given within the rules set.

Not like he didn’t know what he was signing on for.

So what is the big deal if he takes it off with a baby Jedi?

There's nothing to say he wanted to take it off all the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why?

If you're going to be one of the best Mandalorian Warriors you're not going to be young.
Feel like he acts too immaturely and doesn't have the respect of the clan that you would expect for being such a good fighter.

If you didn't know who the actor was and didn't see the helmet removal you would think the character is 30 tops.

So shitloads of people then.
Ignorant people.

One assumes those of Mandalorian upbringing are not ignorant of their societies history.

I would doubt shitloads of Italians are unaware of something called the Roman Empire, even if they aren't historians. Most Australians are aware of something called Gallipoli.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Ignorant people.

One assumes those of Mandalorian upbringing are not ignorant of their societies history.

I would doubt shitloads of Italians are unaware of something called the Roman Empire, even if they aren't historians. Most Australians are aware of something called Gallipoli.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Italians living in Italy would be far more aware of it than Australians of Italian heritage.

If you're part of a culture but live a long way from the heart of it you won't have the same body of knowledge, you'll have more knowledge of your local regional cultures.

So if you're part of a small group in a far off region certain things might not come up and if there's no Jedi there, Jedi aren't brought up or spoken of.

Wether you think it is or not, they have made it so and again he knew this going in.

Would be like Prowse complaining about Vader’s helmet. Instead he just complained about being dubbed.

So it's super easy to not make it an issue by writing something out that was stupid when they created it.

Vader isn't comparable because he was a unique character. Mandalorians are just a group of people like any other groups of people.

Added Prowse didn't also voice the character nor was he an actor of any note.

So it's super easy to not make it an issue by writing something out that was stupid when they created it.

Vader isn't comparable because he was a unique character. Mandalorians are just a group of people like any other groups of people.

What’s stupid is signing on to do something the. Whinging about doing it.

Dont sign on if you don’t think you can handle being in a mask 99% of the time. Simple.

They hired him for his star power. Don't sign a recognised actor if you don't want them wanting to be seen.

Don't write stupid plot limitations based on nothing is the biggest take away for me.

So you think they sprung the “you’re wearing a helmet on 99% of the time” after he signed?
How is it a limitation? Just one actors ego who is replaceable in the grand scheme of things.

Mine would be don’t be an idiot and sign on for something you don’t want to do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back