Star Wars The Mandalorian

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I dunno I suspect she won't be back for S3.
I'd be surprised if they can her for that. It was immature, but if we take her at her word, she was pissed off at being treated by a small group of people. Justifiably so, from the sounds of it, but the childish response that then goes out to all people wasn't the way to go about it. She's under no obligation to jump on board every cause, she should have just stayed silent. Reckon she might get some lessons on social media etiquette though.

I'd be surprised if they can her for that. It was immature, but if we take her at her word, she was pissed off at being treated by a small group of people. Justifiably so, from the sounds of it, but the childish response that then goes out to all people wasn't the way to go about it. She's under no obligation to jump on board every cause, she should have just stayed silent. Reckon she might get some lessons on social media etiquette though.

What was immature? She doubled and tripled down on it, it wasn't a one off outburst.

She doesn't need to jump on any cause, that was never the issue?

There's a difference between not wearing rainbow laces to support same sex couples and saying "I think gays are unnatural" for instance, surely you can see that?

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
What was immature? She doubled and tripled down on it, it wasn't a one off outburst.

There's a difference between not wearing rainbow laces to support same sex couples and saying "I think gays are unnatural" for instance, surely you can see that?
I see the beep/bop comments as a childish dismissal of the people having a go at her, not an attack on trans people, as on their own the comments have no negative value attached. She hasn't said anything transphobic as far as I'm aware, people are interpreting the dismissal as meaning she doesn't care for them or their cause, but she has said that's not the case. It looks like a lack of respect from both sides.

I see the beep/bop comments as a childish dismissal of the people having a go at her, not an attack on trans people, as on their own the comments have no negative value attached. She hasn't said anything transphobic as far as I'm aware, people are interpreting the dismissal as meaning she doesn't care for them or their cause, but she has said that's not the case. It looks like a lack of respect from both sides.

Hm if you say so.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Gina doesn't want to have to tailor her profile to suit other people.

It seems that those outraged have gone full Anakin, if you aren't with them you're against them.

If people on the street wanted me to paint my chimney rainbow to show support for homosexual equality, should I have to do that to prove I am not homophobic? Does the colour of my chimney immediately invalidate every other choice I have made in life to respect and improve the lives for everyone in society?

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Gina doesn't want to have to tailor her profile to suit other people.

It seems that those outraged have gone full Anakin, if you aren't with them you're against them.

If people on the street wanted me to paint my chimney rainbow to show support for homosexual equality, should I have to do that to prove I am not homophobic? Does the colour of my chimney immediately invalidate every other choice I have made in life to respect and improve the lives for everyone in society?

I mean I literally spelt out the difference dude, it's really not hard:

atlas1

Cancelled
Harry Potter Fan A Star Wars Fan
Nov 6, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
As an aside, if I was a celebrity I don't think I'd be using social media in the first place

So you've no issue that she was continually harassed for not doing it, leading to an insensitive response to the provoking?

She was abused for not putting the pronouns in her handle? Source? All remarks I've seen were directed to her afterwards for putting "Beep/bop"

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
She was abused for not putting the pronouns in her handle? Source? All remarks I've seen were directed to her afterwards for putting "Beep/bop"

However, Carano didn’t find it a big deal and refused to change it, tweeting, “They’re mad cuz I won’t put pronouns in my bio to show my support for trans lives. After months of harassing me in every way. I decided to put 3 VERY controversial words in my bio . . . beep/bop/boop.”

Sounds like harassment came first.

Sounds like harassment came first.

If people were harrassing her before that that's shitty and intolerable, but her response in the first instance was childish, and her follow up comments doubling down on it only made things worse.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
If people were harrassing her before that that's shitty and intolerable, but her response in the first instance was childish, and her follow up comments doubling down on it only made things worse.
Apparently people were calling her fat, transphobic, a bitch etc because she hadn’t added the pronouns. As I said, disrespect from both sides. Her response was childish, which is why I think she’ll get a lesson in social media etiquette but doubt she’ll get sacked.

But that all said, it turns out a week earlier she liked a tweet that was dismissive (mocking?) of the pronoun thing. Maybe that was because she was already pissed off at the abuse and was the precursor to the beep bop, maybe she doesn’t like trans people, none of us know for sure.

But even as a bleeding heart leftie, I’m tired of people’s first response from both sides to issues being ‘cancel them’, ‘cost them their jobs’. It’s a poor level of discourse, lacks nuance and is immature.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Women's MMA has a lot of issues regarding transgender competitors. It wouldn't surprise me if Gina actually does have some issues with transgender people regarding that.

FWIW I am completely onside with that, and so is a womens footballer I know who was born a man, they have posted on here if any of you care.

She's been harassed for months on twitter before this rubbish.

Freshwater

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Im a huge Star Wars fan. I don’t get into the novels or extended universe but I love deep expose’s into the movies and the mind of George Lucas. And the magical coming together of so many genius level artists to create the original trilogy.
I have been renovating so haven’t had the television to stream until a month ago. Got Disney plus and just love Mandalorian. I reckon Jon Favarou just nailed it in so many ways. I should love it because I also love old good westerns. I say good westerns because there is a lot of crap westerns. But the good ones are epic. I believe it’s the best Star Wars Disney has done, and in my opinion just below the OT in my personal rankings, ahead even of Rogue1 which was a great movie. As for the 7,8,9, they got progressively worse after a good start.
Mandalorian is like my perfect show, I hope we continue to get this level Star Wars in Season 2 and new Obi Wan series?

Back