Movie The Map of Tiny Perfect Things

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Mark (Kyle Allen) gets stuck in a time loop and is living the same day over and over again. Every night at midnight, he falls asleep and wakes up in the same day again. One day he meets a mysterious girl named Margaret (Kathryn Newton) who is stuck in the same time loop. They end up on an adventure all around the city finding the "tiny things" that make up that one perfect day,

This is my favourite kind of movie. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, American Beauty, Dead Poet's Society. It's a couple of hours of escapism that makes you contemplate your life.

The Map of Tiny Perfect Things has a great script, casting, visuals, soundtrack. It's the best movie I've watched this year.

* it, life is short. 10/10.

Last edited:

If you're a fan of this movie, have you checked out Palm Springs? I think you will also thoroughly enjoy it.

Thanks for the recommendation. There's quite a few similar themes. Then there was dinosaurs and Kate Bush! It didn't quite have the charm and polish of TMOTPT but there was a lot to like.

I thought Palm Springs was hugely overrated (people were fapping themselves silly over it in the movies thread) but this film is great and much more enjoyable.

It's not a best picture contender by any stretch but the premise (even if somewhat overdone) was well executed and there are some touching scenes. Not as wholesome as this movie though, that's for sure.

This was a good, wholesome (has anyone used that word here yet haha, it really is though) movie. I much preferred palm Springs out of the same day repeating movies of the last couple of years, but don't see them as competition. Apart from the repeating day phenomonon, they are very different imo. It's great there was 2 quality option last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back