Autopsy The Massacre at the SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

So in a game where we weren't really tested defensively, who goes out for McCartin and does Fox come back in the starting 22?
Melican

So in a game where we weren't really tested defensively, who goes out for McCartin and does Fox come back in the starting 22?

Francis out for McCartin. Could be Melican, but I think they’ll want to keep a traditional key defender in against the Cats. I don’t think Fox comes in. There’s no room for him at the moment. Will probably be sub again.

Clarke will likely be out for Hayward.

what's hayward done really the last month?

Fox should be in before him imo

Buddy for Clarke

Francis for Fox

Sheldrick to sub
Surely Buddy, McLean, McDonald and Amartey is too tall up front?

Can’t see McCartin being left out, after his showing in the reserves he could have played seniors yesterday.

Sorry, Sheldrick in no way deserves to be sub.
Sub should be someone who can free up someone more versatile. Sheldrick does his best work in the guts. A forward gets injured, Parker/ Papley can attend less bounces and play further up. A defender gets injured, Mills can drop back.

We've seen Sheldrick as a forward, and it's probably why he was only getting ~50% ToG anyway. Can't rest him in the pockets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buddy either comes in for Amartey or doesn’t play imo. Ideally, you’d give McLean a rest, but they’ll probably want him as the back up ruck.

I hope Buddy plays. I just want him to do well and will miss him when he’s gone. The others all have plenty of time, and I don’t think we lose a lot by giving Amartey/McLean a break.

Sub should be someone who can free up someone more versatile. Sheldrick does his best work in the guts. A forward gets injured, Parker/ Papley can attend less bounces and play further up. A defender gets injured, Mills can drop back.

We've seen Sheldrick as a forward, and it's probably why he was only getting ~50% ToG anyway. Can't rest him in the pockets.
I would do this...

Out:Francis, Clarke
In: McCartin, Fox
Sub: Stephens (could slot in anywhere between HF and HB)

Sheldrick was over 70% TOG. Hayward sent to the 2s to get some form. Clarke isn't that suitable as a sub since he only as 1 role in the senior team, which he hadn't been performing that well (and was one of 3 Swans not to lay a tackle yesterday).

Last edited:
Some posters saying that Dangerfield will be out. Reckon he will play. He put up his hand to play against Melbourne but was overruled. I hope our boys do the right thing by Danger and check that he has fully overcome his rib injury. Nothing against the rules please guys. Sick of those 50's we've copped all year.

McCartin replaces Melican
Fox replaces Clarke in the 22.

I don’t pay much attention to fantasy rating points, but last night I saw seven of our fellas scored over 100 points. Is this unusual?

Back to the Geelong game, I reckon Danger plays but unfortunately Cameron misses.

And on selection, I really do not see how Hayward plays. Having Mills organise the forward line worked really well.

Mills did not score himself but I was really impressed with how he played. He truly is a great utility and can play just about anywhere except on Pawkins

The team for Geelong:
McCartin for Melican like for like. Francis intercept abilities tip the scale. Won't die of surprise if it's the other way.
Hayward for Clark as originally planned.
Buddy remains with a sore knee. If not, Amartey will be the one to go down to maintain the best (IMO) balance.
Sub could be Fox but I think Stephens would be a good choice.

Does Hayward come straight back in? Will they give T McCartin another week in the VFL?

I hope not on both counts.

Thought Tommy played a terrific return game in the 2s. He must return.

Mills effectively took Haywards role for some of the time and was terrific.

Some posters saying that Dangerfield will be out. Reckon he will play. He put up his hand to play against Melbourne but was overruled. I hope our boys do the right thing by Danger and check that he has fully overcome his rib injury. Nothing against the rules please guys. Sick of those 50's we've copped all year.
They should just ask him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back