Autopsy The Massacre at the SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Melican has been very effective as a lock down defender (I accept that it would've been unlikely for Arnold or others to do this role in better). Francis has been good at neutralising the aerial threat (just be great if he could catch). This has freed up the others (including Rampe) to focus on rebound.

McCartin can do what Melican does and takes more possessions. He just is a better player in that role. Fox is better one on one than Francis, has better hands and we can compensate for his shorter stature through McCartin and Blakey.
I'd have Fox in regardless of whether he's used as a KPD or small/med defender. I don't need convincing. I'm just pointing out that Melican deserves his spot more than Francis, based on relevant form.

Only change I would make next week is Clarke for McCartin.

I think we'd look better having 2 key talls and Francis and Rampe as loose talls.
4 KPDs against Hawkins, supported by Rohan and Henry. Bold move.

TMac - Hawkins
Fox - Rohan
Rampe - Henry

One of Melican or Francis for when Stanley rests forward, but that's about it.

Looking for Preview write ups...including next weeks game against the Cats. Come one come all.

Looking for Preview write ups...including next weeks game against the Cats. Come one come all.

I did the grand final preview so I think i'll stay out

No tackles from Clarkey. Had a great first Q as he was found with good passes and managed to slot two goals.

As a defensive forward who would he play on next week? He is not tall or strong enough to play on Stewart. I would not mind a Mills-Stewart match up.
Like I said, didn't look at stats. It was just the vibe.

Please

Francis has a fair bit to fix up, but his underlying potential and height is there. He plays much taller than most of our defenders, including McCartin. I reckon that is why he is in over Fox.

Agree that there is something to work with there just hope it clicks for him as those dropsies are costly against most sides.

boy oh boy wowee, wasn't expecting that. WC realy are putrid but good to see us put the sword in for a change. Confidence builder that. Um, and I didn't notice Hayward wasn't playing until the 2nd quarter. Him, Tmac to come back in and we could be flying home. I rekon Buddy announces it this week, just got a feeling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buddy either comes in for Amartey or doesn’t play imo. Ideally, you’d give McLean a rest, but they’ll probably want him as the back up ruck.

I hope Buddy plays. I just want him to do well and will miss him when he’s gone. The others all have plenty of time, and I don’t think we lose a lot by giving Amartey/McLean a break.
Make Buddy the sub. 🤷🏻‍♂️

One of Parker's goals came from him being in the goal square at a centre bounce. I actually really liked that

If Francis took half the marks he drops when he has the chance, he'd be first picked defender every week. Just needs to tidy that up and he'll fit in nicely.

I think Francis is under instruction to punch and not because he’s butter fingers.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't mind the "it was only West Coast" chatter, and I think it's valid. We'd be saying the same thing about any other team if they scored 200 points against the Eagles.

But I hope it maybe fires the boys up. Imagine you go out and put in this dominant individual performance and everyone writes it off as a "doesn't count". Might give them a point to prove.

I don't mind the "it was only West Coast" chatter, and I think it's valid. We'd be saying the same thing about any other team if they scored 200 points against the Eagles.

But I hope it maybe fires the boys up. Imagine you go out and put in this dominant individual performance and everyone writes it off as a "doesn't count". Might give them a point to prove.
I believe our performance against Brisbane was perhaps our best all year (despite the narrow loss). And the Weagles game continued the progression.

To me, this week is season-defining.

Beat the Cats and I’ll be finding the “Where Is The Lid At” thread.

Of course, there’s also the potential for them to pants us (again).

The bookies have us narrow underdogs. But it’s almost a coin flip.

I believe our performance against Brisbane was perhaps our best all year (despite the narrow loss). And the Weagles game continued the progression.

To me, this week is season-defining.

Beat the Cats and I’ll be finding the “Where Is The Lid At” thread.

Of course, there’s also the potential for them to pants us (again).

The bookies have us narrow underdogs. But it’s almost a coin flip.

Surely we arent losing by 15 goals again.

We might get done but we show more fight than the last 2 games against them.

Surely we arent losing by 15 goals again.

We might get done but we show more fight than the last 2 games against them.
There's absolutely no way we'll get thrashed.

Geelong have just as many players as we had out this time and it's on our home deck.

Last time around at the SCG we beat them in Buddy 1000 with more or less the same teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back