Matildas The Matilda's and the 2019 Women's World Cup Thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sorted

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
lol both penalties where dodgy yet VAR does not intervene? Very suspicious.
I'm out. Dodgy decisions especially VAR. Sunday league goalkeeping, Poor crowds. Politics with the Matildas coaching. The disgraceful behaviour by Cameroon. I think this world cup has actually set back the women's game.

giggler99

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory, Napoli, Liverpool, Pens
I'm out. Dodgy decisions especially VAR. Sunday league goalkeeping, Poor crowds. Politics with the Matildas coaching. The disgraceful behaviour by Cameroon. I think this world cup has actually set back the women's game.
Agree the refereeing especially has been very disappointing, almost every game there is some sort of VAR controversy. FIFA really have to review the system in place when you have VAR technology and still able to get the decisions wrong. The some problems where accuring with the mens World Cup last year through not as many decisions where sent up. Maybe the pool of women refeering isn't that great this time round.

Dixie Flatline

Saviour Sam
Jun 3, 2005
Leafy eastern suburbs
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cartagena C.F., NYJ, A's
So it's USA into the final to play the winner of the Dutch v Swedes. I thought England would be the best chance at stopping the US juggernaut this World Cup, but England missed a penalty that would have (probably) forced extra time.

In dong so, the USA created two new records. One record for the longest winning streak at World Cups with 11 consecutive wins, breaking the record formerly held by Norway of 10. The other record for the longest unbeaten streak at World Cups with 16 matches unbeaten (dating back to the 2011 World Cup).

drd23

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
I'm rooting for the Dutch. They were impressive in the game and 2 highlights I watched

(Log in to remove this ad.)

samFFC

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham, 76ers, Cubs, Bills
Terrific keeping by Veenendaal in the first half, but the US attack too good and the Dutch don’t have the answers tonight.

Top Bottom