Matildas The Matildas and the 2019 Women's World Cup Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sets up France v USA in the quarter-final. Probably not the result FIFA was looking for, because whichever country loses, their supporters will stop caring about the World Cup.
i think fifa would prefer USA to go through. $$$$$ and increasing interest in a non football country.

lol both penalties where dodgy yet VAR does not intervene? Very suspicious.

I'm out. Dodgy decisions especially VAR. Sunday league goalkeeping, Poor crowds. Politics with the Matildas coaching. The disgraceful behaviour by Cameroon. I think this world cup has actually set back the women's game.

I'm out. Dodgy decisions especially VAR. Sunday league goalkeeping, Poor crowds. Politics with the Matildas coaching. The disgraceful behaviour by Cameroon. I think this world cup has actually set back the women's game.

Agree the refereeing especially has been very disappointing, almost every game there is some sort of VAR controversy. FIFA really have to review the system in place when you have VAR technology and still able to get the decisions wrong. The some problems where accuring with the mens World Cup last year through not as many decisions where sent up. Maybe the pool of women refeering isn't that great this time round.

So it's USA into the final to play the winner of the Dutch v Swedes. I thought England would be the best chance at stopping the US juggernaut this World Cup, but England missed a penalty that would have (probably) forced extra time.

In dong so, the USA created two new records. One record for the longest winning streak at World Cups with 11 consecutive wins, breaking the record formerly held by Norway of 10. The other record for the longest unbeaten streak at World Cups with 16 matches unbeaten (dating back to the 2011 World Cup).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back