Matildas The Matildas Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Basically guarantees she's going to Europe then doesn't it?

I know the women's Spanish league has been going for a couple of months already, so I assume the overlapping season's would be the reason for her not returning to her NWSL & W-league teams

Yep. Chelsea seems to be in the lead for her.

Blimey, our girls played in conditions like that this season in suburban Melbourne. Ball stopping in puddles.

Terrible conditions. Its either way too hot and humid in the day games played earlier in the tournament or there's the monsoonal showers in the afternoon.

All those highlights are from the 2nd half when the rain eased off. The 20 minutes before half time when it was p*ssing down, the water was ankle deep, players were missing the ball completely as it would stop and float on puddles as they lined it up with their foot where they expected to kick it.

The host nation always seems to get to play in the evening time slot though.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Number of Matildas missed out on being selected through the re-entry wire process in the NWSL. Only five players total were selected, including Chloe Logarzo who goes to Orlando Pride.

The Matildas to miss out were Clare Polkinghorne, Kyah Simon, Amy Harrison and Elise Kellond-Knight. They are now available to be picked up via the discovery process, which I think is similar to waivers.

I'm sick of everyone saying it's equality. It's equality when as many people pay to attend the games and watch the games. When that occurs sponsors will pay more. It's actually inequality with women being gifted money and benefits that they currently don't deserve

Number of Matildas missed out on being selected through the re-entry wire process in the NWSL. Only five players total were selected, including Chloe Logarzo who goes to Orlando Pride.

The Matildas to miss out were Clare Polkinghorne, Kyah Simon, Amy Harrison and Elise Kellond-Knight. They are now available to be picked up via the discovery process, which I think is similar to waivers.

KK perhaps unlucky but she did carry injuries this season.

Massive gap in skill level between Japan and Australia.

Would like to see the time in possession stats because it seemed like you could count on one hand the number of times we passed it to another player and held onto the ball even for a few seconds. My guess would be about 90% Japan.

Just left Mary Fowler to stay as the only player forward of the half way line and the rest camped themselves in a couple of lines near the penalty box. Awful to watch from an Australian point of view. Only tactic was to kick it upfield anywhere - either straight back to Japan or out of play and group back and wait for Japan to attack again. Anytime the ball went near Fowler she either gave it away, (foul or offside) or retained possession until she was surrounded by 3 opponents.

Also conceded 5 goals against the other finalist North Korea. Have to beat South Korea to finish 3rd and qualify for the World Cup.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back