Matildas The Matildas Thread

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
If we can't get the FA to vote for Britain's colonial antipodes then we're proper f’ed.
it is so so frustrating. This growth aspect is just bull. Why have a bid process at all if it is about growth and you ignore the report.

and growth of what. the population of South America is 420mil. the population of Indonesia is 260mil. Let alone Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia and the rest of south-east Asia and East Asia. A world cup has never been in this part of the world.

All the work and it will probably be a thank you but no, you cared too much. As a Tasmanian, it is the worst and most frustrating thing. God, I hope I am wrong

Getting my anger out early. Experience.

Edit: And I forgot to mention the fact that we arent a true football lovely nation and heavily compete with other sports for attention....but growth....

Last edited:

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
How are we watching this? Neither Fox Sports News, Sky News or ABC news look like they're taking it live.

1593099813239.jpeg

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Never in doubt :cool:
Congrats to both the Aus and NZL Organisers A job well done!

Huge moment for Australian football.. given the horrid Socceroos/ A League ficasco, this is a breath of fresh air and renewed optimism in the code. Participation levels will go through the roof, especially for the women’s.

swingdog

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 3, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
it is so so frustrating. This growth aspect is just bull. Why have a bid process at all if it is about growth and you ignore the report.

and growth of what. the population of South America is 420mil. the population of Indonesia is 260mil. Let alone Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia and the rest of south-east Asia and East Asia. A world cup has never been in this part of the world.

All the work and it will probably be a thank you but no, you cared too much. As a Tasmanian, it is the worst and most frustrating thing. God, I hope I am wrong

Getting my anger out early. Experience.

Edit: And I forgot to mention the fact that we arent a true football lovely nation and heavily compete with other sports for attention....but growth....

Not to mention the patronising designation of the women's World Cup as a "development tournament". You know how you develop a game? You put the highest competition in the biggest market and where you are confident it is going to be run properly AND you invest in grassroots. Is Uefa doing that? Are they s**t.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
Fozzie only announced he was resigning on Wednesday. Congratulations to SBS - by Thursday night they'd already built a talking machine that looks exactly like him.

Can't wait til 2023. This is going to be such a big deal here.

I'm so stoked about this result. Been holding back tears this morning watching the coverage. This is huge. We thought the women's cricket world cup was big. This will be bigger, IMO. If the FFA plans this right and makes sure the preparations are on point, there is no reason why Australia could not play in the final. We have the talent. We just need the leadership.

Back