Matildas The Matildas Tokyo 2020(1) Olympics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well after the womens Rugby sevens blew it against Fiji, this was on the cards.

We're playing like Portugal at Euro 16, lucky to escape the group phase due to the BS 3rd placed teams make the next round, then turn it around in the knockout.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sweden just defeated Japan 3-1

So Sweden V Australia in one Semi-Final!

Canada defeated Brazil on penalties earlier they'll play either USA or Netherlands, currently USA are winning 2-1 at HT
Tough ask but the only way we get gold is if we can beat them and the US.

A team comprised of three countries (no Northern Ireland player made the squad) couldn't beat the Matildas. Still have questions over Guatavsson's tactics, as I don't think Carpenter at centre half is the right play, and I think he was too slow to bring on the subs but you can't argue with results. Sweden will be a tough opponent. Cruised through the group stage and are, on paper, more talented than the Matildas, but football isn't played on paper. What time is kick off on Sunday?

A team comprised of three countries (no Northern Ireland player made the squad) couldn't beat the Matildas. Still have questions over Guatavsson's tactics, as I don't think Carpenter at centre half is the right play, and I think he was too slow to bring on the subs but you can't argue with results. Sweden will be a tough opponent. Cruised through the group stage and are, on paper, more talented than the Matildas, but football isn't played on paper. What time is kick off on Sunday?

Agree - would much rather see a traditional back 4 with Carpenter allowed to roam up field more.

The GB game was an outlier compared to the other top teams. I watched the US-Netherlands match and it's a class above in terms of passing, first touch, positioning etc. Both of those would tear the Matildas apart.

Last night's game was great to watch but for me it came down to the fact that we have two world class players the GB didn't, though Hemp was brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back