Matildas The Matildas Tokyo 2020(1) Olympics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been like that since he took charge. Conceded 2.4 goals a game since he took over.

To be fair, I think he realises that the defence is a problem, hence the change in formation and the use of Carpenter as a central defender. Being suspended means he loses a lot of flexibility in how to set up the defence.

At least we get a quick response. Poor defending by the US, to be honest. Foord hasn't scores all tournament until then, and even she couldn't miss.

Did Ch7 sack the Tillies, or was the channel change always on the cards?

Probably another way of asking that is when does the hockey start?

Oh SAM!

To be fair, I think he realises that the defence is a problem, hence the change in formation and the use of Carpenter as a central defender. Being suspended means he loses a lot of flexibility in how to set up the defence.
Amazing how he's never changed a thing then and we concede at will

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Referee with some truly horrendous decisions at the end of the game. Letting the USA waste minutes getting Morgan off the field, calling a bulltish foul against Catley and then blowing for full time before Australia gets the chance to take the corner. USWNT getting the rub of the green.

You know defence is a big issue when they are taking an elite wide player in Carpenter and making her play CB.
I have said it before , we don’t have the quality to play a back 3 like the coach wants . And this obsession with always playing out from the back shits me as well . Credit to the team for getting to a medal playoff , but I worry about our prospects for the coming home World Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back