StFly

Space to Rent
Oct 11, 2008
Sunbury
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Sunbury Lions
Watching that trailer told me a couple of things..
- I haven't watched those movies in ages
- I cannot for the life of me remember what happened in the last one

TLDR for the 3rd: Hugo got screen time and Keanu chased tail.

Roobs321

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
TLDR for the 3rd: Hugo got screen time and Keanu chased tail.
"Mr Anderson, welcome back. We missed you" felt like one of the bigger movie quotes of the 2000s at the time. If your surname was Anderson there was no conceivable way of escaping that irl.

GreyCrow

TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Redskins , White Sox
Watched all 3 over the last 2 weeks - enjoyed 1 for the memories and 2/3 were what they were.

Watching the trailer I came to the conclusion this is a reset universe ie why Neo and Trinity look at each other oddly - havent we all done that in some random setting - that feeling you know the person walking by

How they mange to explain and fill 2 hours will be interesting to see

crafty_bernardo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It's interesting there's been no flashback glimpses of Morphieus. Laurence Fishburne is definitely reprising his role if not this film, the next.

Poetic Justice

i will touch the sun or i will die trying
Jun 21, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Might need to find one
It's interesting there's been no flashback glimpses of Morphieus. Laurence Fishburne is definitely reprising his role if not this film, the next.

According to what? Everything I've read is that Lana has moved on from Laurence because he looks too old

Strange Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
I don’t get the hype at all it looks like a cheap remake of the first film , considering the two sequels were garbage I’m not sure where the excitement for this film is coming from.

Poetic Justice

i will touch the sun or i will die trying
Jun 21, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Might need to find one
I don’t get the hype at all it looks like a cheap remake of the first film , considering the two sequels were garbage I’m not sure where the excitement for this film is coming from.

I suppose some people like the franchise?

Alberto_Magnifico

All Australian
Aug 9, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
This.
Plus it's not like the Wachowski's have really set then world on fire recently. Cloud Atlas and Jupiter Ascending were both unwatchable for me, I can't seem them getting greenlit for budget this big for anything else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WCErevival

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Reading FC
I liked the second film. The 3rd was a bit of a let down but it closed out the story. I would be interested to see where they go with the new movie.

ibd77

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
1640177179165.png

vast

Hall of Famer
Sep 29, 2005
Nowhere
AFL Club
Essendon
I saw a review that went into some minor spoilers and its sounds awful. Im gonna watch it anyway just coz im curious but yeah expectations really lowered.

vast

Hall of Famer
Sep 29, 2005
Nowhere
AFL Club
Essendon
The expectations werent low enough. Geez that was bad. At least the prior sequels werent taking the piss. The dialougue was horrific. Basically internet slang that no one uses in real life. Yahya was awful as Morpheus. There is no actual point to the story or anything that happens. NPH is just playing Barney Stintson here he has little range it seems. But he was decent in 8 bit so maybe it was the direction. Speaking off the review i saw said there were reports Wachowski didnt want to do or finish the film and it shows. I feel sorry for Carrie Anne Moss she dserved better. Whoever did the trailers did a great job polishing this turd.

crafty_bernardo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Had a good time. Obviously it's not like the originals but it's a fine addition to the trilogy.

Fwoy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
i saw said there were reports Wachowski didnt want to do or finish the film and it shows

there was a line in there that kind of made reference I feel
about WarnerBros demanding a sequel and they would do it without them if necessary
...kinda on the nose…

at times Keanu was Ted Theodore Logan and NPH was definitely Barney Stinson at times too…😑

it passed 2 and a bit hours I guess. The
flashbacks we kinda cool

Ry009

Premium Platinum
Aug 26, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
MMA
I enjoyed it. Surprised that it's getting judged harshly. It's execution is way off at times, but all 3 movies are guilty of that.

It's interesting seeing the reactions to this vs No Way Home which is guilty of a lot of the same things. (Absolutely love NWH btw)

hotchilli

Premiership Player
Jun 5, 2021
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Houston Rockets, Houston Astros
I really struggled through it especially after just re-watching the original trilogy beforehand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad