Analysis The Matt Taberner effect

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm just trying to point out that it's not the end of the world lol we're rebuilding and playing one of the best teams on the other side of the country exposes that.

Do you think that North or Hawthorn will do much better than we did yesterday? I don't.

Maybe not, although we’ll find out a bit more about the Hawks today as they come up against the dees. I’m just a bit sick of how timid we can be at times, in selection, in coaching.

I didn't see any head dropping yesterday. They gave their all and were beaten by a stronger team. I don't think that game yesterday was the end of the world. Better sides than us will get pumped by the Giants at Canberra. Posters seem to be forgetting we are building and the Giants are premier favourites. We played as a team in our two wins and I sure as hell know we will play as a team against Carlton. Rioli burnt LeCras last night , does that mean WC aren't playing as a team.

Lecras would be burned by Sandi at the moment.

I saw head dropping, second guessing, selfish play. I saw enough of it to see a side who didn’t make the most of the opportunities it had, and that’s disappointing. Yes it’s only one game, but I’m disappointed because we could have won it if we wanted it enough and we didn’t. I don’t care that we lost it, but I care about the manner in which we lost it. All I want to see this year is for the players to be hungry for the contest and to play as an organised unit. I want to go into next week’s game against a resurgent dogs confident that the club will take it up to them, but I’m not.

Maybe not, although we’ll find out a bit more about the Hawks today as they come up against the dees. I’m just a bit sick of how timid we can be at times, in selection, in coaching.

I don't think being timid is part of the DNA in any AFL player. Playing 4 rookie youngsters against the top team away from home is hardly timid selection. The Giants at the minute are superior and as we all thought beat us. Its not the end of the season for us.

Lecras would be burned by Sandi at the moment.

I saw head dropping, second guessing, selfish play. I saw enough of it to see a side who didn’t make the most of the opportunities it had, and that’s disappointing. Yes it’s only one game, but I’m disappointed because we could have won it if we wanted it enough and we didn’t. I don’t care that we lost it, but I care about the manner in which we lost it. All I want to see this year is for the players to be hungry for the contest and to play as an organised unit. I want to go into next week’s game against a resurgent dogs confident that the club will take it up to them, but I’m not.

Rioli didn't pass to Le Cras when he was free in the goal square. Exactly the same as the Neale ,Balla's scenario . As I said does that make WC to be not playing as a team. There was no head dropping , skills below par but just maybe a howling cross breeze, a ground they hadn't seen before and an opposition thats just plain better at this stage might be the reason we lost.

I don't think being timid is part of the DNA in any AFL player. Playing 4 rookie youngsters against the top team away from home is hardly timid selection. The Giants at the minute are superior and as we all thought beat us. Its not the end of the season for us.

Timid AFL players aren’t uncommon. There’s a glossary for them: shirkers, whispers, footsteps. Our temerity is mostly in decision making, though. Anyway, I obviously need to put this game behind me.

Rioli didn't pass to Le Cras when he was free in the goal square. Exactly the same as the Neale ,Balla's scenario . As I said does that make WC to be not playing as a team. There was no head dropping , skills below par but just maybe a howling cross breeze, a ground they hadn't seen before and an opposition thats just plain better at this stage might be the reason we lost.

They’re external excuses that don’t make up a salve for the things we could control as a club to play under that kind of predictable duress: leaders that stand up, players that take easy marks, smart delivery into the forward 50, team play.

They’re external excuses that don’t make up a salve for the things we could control as a club to play under that kind of predictable duress: leaders that stand up, players that take easy marks, smart delivery into the forward 50, team play.

Unfortunately there's 22 blokes from the other side trying to stop all that :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I imagine he still has a way to go. Will be a slow build up of running. Hopefully we might get a timeframe by next week.

Yeah, depending on what he's been able to do with the boot on. Assuming not much, he'd be at least 6 weeks away. If he's been able to do a lot of pool running or work on an elliptigo then that might take a couple of weeks off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back