Analysis The Matt Taberner effect

Remove this Banner Ad

After a much maligned beginning to his career, building into a contested marking bull, Taberner will finally play his 100th game this week..
Congrats to the Tabs. Hard working guy that keeps going regardless of whatever’s been thrown at him. Outlasted many tall forwards that has come to the club and delisted/traded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why Tabs is on our list with accuracy like that :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
32 goals and 15 behinds is solid for any freo forward this season.
Nat Fyfe leading from the front with 6.21

I will always Savour Chris Maynes 2012 and 2013 Goal kicking.

In 2012, Chris Mayne kicked 39 goals and 7 behinds in 2012. In 2013, Chris Mayne Kicked 37 goals and 12 behinds.

Even in 2015, Mayne kicked 28 goals and 17 behinds.

32 goals and 15 behinds
In what. 11 full games? He’s simply our most valuable player given the position he plays. If we’re going to make finals, need to have another alongside Tabs, Lobb and Treacy.

McKay has kicked 57.33 from 18 games.
Tabs has an accuracy of 66.66%. With McKay’s shots that puts him at 60 goals. Not bad for a 2012 Rookie Draft pick

He’s so much better than Rory Lobb it’s not even comparable.
One of the most consistent players in the AFL now when at full fitness.
can almost chalk him down for at least 2goals at the start of every game now.

I think the way the players treat Tabs speaks volumes about the culture at the club.

Tabs is genuinely a weird unit (possibly on the spectrum?) but the players love him and have accepted him for it.

Compare that to Ben Brown who's equally strange and was completely ostracised by the North Melbourne players to the point he only hung out with staff members, can see why he left that rag of a club.

I think the way the players treat Tabs speaks volumes about the culture at the club.

Tabs is genuinely a weird unit (possibly on the spectrum?) but the players love him and have accepted him for it.

Compare that to Ben Brown who's equally strange and was completely ostracised by the North Melbourne players to the point he only hung out with staff members, can see why he left that rag of a club.

I love that story with Tommy sheridan on the podcast about the neighbour calling the cops one night when tabs lost it in fifa or nba2k at like 1am.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back