Analysis The Matt Taberner effect

Remove this Banner Ad

You are really short sighted, if your development players keep losing game they won't have a winning mentality. There will be no more Blakely , langdon, grey type able to be promote or give good backup . Look at eagles , their alignment with East Perth is so bad that eventually affect them when their key players injured.
It is not my shortsightedness mate, merely fact. Flawed or not it's how it is. Luckily, Peel have done very well from the alignment thus far.

Yes, but Freo control their destiny and the flag is tainted in the eyes of everyone.

There's no doubt about it, Peel want out.
I really don't mind if that is for the good of wafl footy. If the purpose of alignment is not develop players I rather freo and eagles reserve have a separate competition or go back to the previous model with freo players turning up for academy zone club such as Claremont , south freo.

Yes, but Freo control their destiny and the flag is tainted in the eyes of everyone.

There's no doubt about it, Peel want out.

No they don't, I'm a member who gets to most games and I've never heard that. The flag is tainted in the eyes of the clubs that got flogged in the finals. Don't talk s**t. They have a flag and their coffers are full , whats not to like about that..

No they don't, I'm a member who gets to most games and I've never heard that. The flag is tainted in the eyes of the clubs that got flogged in the finals. Don't talk s**t. They have a flag and their coffers are full , whats not to like about that..

I am not talking s**t, am very well connected to the club. Why do you feel the need to attack those that you disagree with? Your childish approach on this forum is a bit sad mate.

I am not talking s**t, am very well connected to the club. Why do you feel the need to attack those that you disagree with? Your childish approach on this forum is a bit sad mate.
Well you did say "the flag is tainted in the eyes of everyone" pretty easy to prove that you were talking s**t. All you need is one Peel supporter to not think that.

The line I didn't quote was "there's no doubt about it, Peel want out."
Which makes it not very obvious at all.

Cripes. Okay...to be explicit: pretty much everyone in WAFL footy, outside of Peel (and some key people at Peel) feel that the flag is tainted as the team was stacked with so many Freo players. Peel are concerned about impact on their long term culture and player retention etc and as a result the majority of the board want out of the alignment model as it is currently structured. I understand that there is an increasing number of key people at East Perth that feel the same way.

Cripes. Okay...to be explicit: pretty much everyone in WAFL footy, outside of Peel (and some key people at Peel) feel that the flag is tainted as the team was stacked with so many Freo players. Peel are concerned about impact on their long term culture and player retention etc and as a result the majority of the board want out of the alignment model as it is currently structured. I understand that there is an increasing number of key people at East Perth that feel the same way.
Not sure I can agree with that dockshark. I was at the AGM this year and the question of the alignment (reported in the media) was raised and the President was adamant that they were not looking to get out of the alignment. There was not one person at that AGM who spoke against it.

Not sure I can agree with that dockshark. I was at the AGM this year and the question of the alignment (reported in the media) was raised and the President was adamant that they were not looking to get out of the alignment. There was not one person at that AGM who spoke against it.

Yes of course. The AGM is not the place to air the underlying truth. I have been directly involved in WAFL clubs for over 10 years and have never seen an AGM where the club wasn't cautiously walking the 'party line'. I stand by my comments.

Yes of course. The AGM is not the place to air the underlying truth. I have been directly involved in WAFL clubs for over 10 years and have never seen an AGM where the club wasn't cautiously walking the 'party line'. I stand by my comments.
Fair enough, I guess time will tell. But to be honest I think Peel was pretty much dead in the water before the alignment and has done very nicely out of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who are you well connected to? Your attack on the alignment coming from an East Fremantle supporter whose club is in deep s**t both in player depth and finance's sounds a little like a big hit of jealousy . The alignment has got Peel out of a financial bind and set them up nicely financially into the future . A WAFL cup flag and cup in the display cupboard is also a very nice by product. I don't know who your contacts are but every one I know at Peel are over the moon.

PS Childish for calling you out on a forum ,really :rolleyes: Toughen up princess .;) I'm an amateur in the attack stakes on here.

Who are you well connected to? Your attack on the alignment coming from an East Fremantle supporter whose club is in deep s**t both in player depth and finance's sounds a little like a big hit of jealousy . The alignment has got Peel out of a financial bind and set them up nicely financially into the future . A WAFL cup flag and cup in the display cupboard is also a very nice by product. I don't know who your contacts are but every one I know at Peel are over the moon.

PS Childish for calling you out on a forum ,really :rolleyes: Toughen up princess .;) I'm an amateur in the attack stakes on here.

This has nothing to do with East Fremantle. Let's just say my allegiance shifted with an employment change.

I've seen enough from you to call it as I see it, and I'm not just talking about that post. You turn on people who disagree with you and seem to be unable to have rational exchanges with someone that sees things differently to you.

I stand by my comments, and time will tell. Who knows perhaps what will happen is the alignment model will change enough to satisfy the clubs. I doubt it.

Peel are concerned about impact on their long term culture and player retention etc and as a result the majority of the board want out of the alignment model as it is currently structured.
Were these "people" involved with Peel pre alignment? The things you mention were issues before the alignment on top of "losing". The alignment model isn't perfect but they'd have to be a little dense to not realise the benefits the alignment has brought them.

Who cares what those outside of Peel think . West Coast supporters don't give a crap what any one thinks about their so called tainted flags. The Peel juniors are strong with a great group of young lads coming through in the colts. There is nothing wrong with the clubs culture. Pretty much everyone in WAFL footy know that the East Freo boys are pissed off with the second rate club and training facilities that they have to put up with . This is a fact because I said so.

This has nothing to do with East Fremantle. Let's just say my allegiance shifted with an employment change.

I've seen enough from you to call it as I see it, and I'm not just talking about that post. You turn on people who disagree with you and seem to be unable to have rational exchanges with someone that sees things differently to you.

I stand by my comments, and time will tell. Who knows perhaps what will happen is the alignment model will change enough to satisfy the clubs. I doubt it.

You're calling me irrational . Right.:p

Sorry Meima , don't follow.
Don't you want Tab playing for freo instead of peel as a freo supporter . Peel do very well without tab in the forward line last year in final series . As a peel supporter I prefer the team to win instead of losing whether majority or minority freo players play .

Meima, why do you have Fremantle as your team? Surely it should say Peel, then Fremantle as Other Teams on your bio?
I have no problem with your dedication to your WAFL team, it's just that it would be clearer to all when interpreting what you are saying.

Meima, why do you have Fremantle as your team? Surely it should say Peel, then Fremantle as Other Teams on your bio?
I have no problem with your dedication to your WAFL team, it's just that it would be clearer to all when interpreting what you are saying.
So I am not allow to support a wafl and AfL team is it . OK fine with me .

So I am not allow to support a wafl and AfL team is it . OK fine with me .

Not sure what you are saying here.
I was making a suggestion, but it appears that we have to list an AFL side ( and not a WAFL side) first on our profiles.
I know you are a Fremantle supporter, but I would say you are a Peel supporter first. Wouldn't you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back