Analysis The Matt Taberner effect

Remove this Banner Ad

KFC wants Sylvia back. Sales of chicken nuggets has dropped by alarming levels
No.... Just no. I rather Kepler Bradley Back. And yes I am still gutted and Bitter that he did his knee in 2013.

It would of been a Beautiful site to see Kepler Bradley walking out with 21 team mates in the 2013 GF.

I actually think kepler should of played the final in Adelaide. I vaguely remember Sivagni getting pantsed by Walker and Clarke putting in a mediocre performance. He was young enough though that it was meant to be a learning point. Then that off season he ****ed his knee and end of story.

Power forward to me is a Hawkins, Lynch, Hogan, Dixon type forward. But even these guys (Hawkins especially) have had to lose some bulk to gain more mobilty/agility. With zone defence/spare defenders it's becoming harder for the traditional big guys.

Kennedy isn't a power forward, niether was Riewoldt, niether is GWS' Cameron who's best two seasons were when he was the No1 target when Patton was out injured. Niether Jenkins or Walker would be considered power forwards. Danniher isn't a power forward.

These guys are tall, athletic leading forwards. Yes capable of taking pack marks but also an incredible amount of leading/doubling back etc. These forwards are more than suitable of leading a forward line and drawing the extra defender.

Tabs is in this group, he just needs to keep improving. He doesn't need to be a power forward. Just keep improving his leading and hooks. Keep working and improving on his body postioning. He should be watching tapes of Kennedy and how hard he works and how smart he is with when to make his move.

The rest of our forward line need to watch tapes of the Eagles forward line and how they provide blocks and space for Kennedy to lead.

I actually think kepler should of played the final in Adelaide. I vaguely remember Sivagni getting pantsed by Walker and Clarke putting in a mediocre performance. He was young enough though that it was meant to be a learning point. Then that off season he ****** his knee and end of story.
I hated the crows and Taylor walker for that 2012 Semi final. Had McPharlin played that 2012 semi final, freo would of won. Saying that.... McPharlin Played 1 finals series between 2012-15. And that finals series was the one we made a grand final.

Power forward to me is a Hawkins, Lynch, Hogan, Dixon type forward. But even these guys (Hawkins especially) have had to lose some bulk to gain more mobilty/agility. With zone defence/spare defenders it's becoming harder for the traditional big guys.

Kennedy isn't a power forward, niether was Riewoldt, niether is GWS' Cameron who's best two seasons were when he was the No1 target when Patton was out injured. Niether Jenkins or Walker would be considered power forwards. Danniher isn't a power forward.

These guys are tall, athletic leading forwards. Yes capable of taking pack marks but also an incredible amount of leading/doubling back etc. These forwards are more than suitable of leading a forward line and drawing the extra defender.

Tabs is in this group, he just needs to keep improving. He doesn't need to be a power forward. Just keep improving his leading and hooks. Keep working and improving on his body postioning. He should be watching tapes of Kennedy and how hard he works and how smart he is with when to make his move.

The rest of our forward line need to watch tapes of the Eagles forward line and how they provide blocks and space for Kennedy to lead.

Hmmm I don't see Hawkins as a power forward but I guess that depends on how you define them.

Your comments about the eagles forward line is something I've been saying for years to the annoyance of my mates. They are way better organised and structured forward than we are and they do that by creating space for JK to run into. If you ever get to block that space he loses effectiveness by a substantial margin. They also are very good at holding players and blocking them off the ball. The number of times I've watched the eagles hold guys out of marking contests...well, I've lost count. They never seem to get spotted by the umps for some reason. Maybe we should try that but be a little subtle about it.

Hmmm I don't see Hawkins as a power forward but I guess that depends on how you define them.

Your comments about the eagles forward line is something I've been saying for years to the annoyance of my mates. They are way better organised and structured forward than we are and they do that by creating space for JK to run into. If you ever get to block that space he loses effectiveness by a substantial margin. They also are very good at holding players and blocking them off the ball. The number of times I've watched the eagles hold guys out of marking contests...well, I've lost count. They never seem to get spotted by the umps for some reason. Maybe we should try that but be a little subtle about it.

That's because they usually get Margetts and Rosebury who wear Eagles jumpers under their umpires shirts. Lets face it the Eagles have dined out on feast of s**t umpiring at Subiaco for years. The classic was Sandi getting pinged for a block earlier this year on the outer wing - something that happens 20 times a game but we get pinged for it.

That's because they usually get Margetts and Rosebury who wear Eagles jumpers under their umpires shirts. Lets face it the Eagles have dined out on feast of s**t umpiring at Subiaco for years. The classic was Sandi getting pinged for a block earlier this year on the outer wing - something that happens 20 times a game but we get pinged for it.

Absolutely.

No idea why the AFL is allowing this to occur year after year. I think the stench goes higher than just a couple of maggots

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't lose sleep if he stays or goes. Only counts if one cares...and I dont.

Yet here you are on a thread dedicated to his worship.

Me thinks you're secretly on edge.

It's ok to want Taberner. It's ok to voice that. The Tab cult is building and 89 pages in he's growing at 'elite' BigFooty levels.

I also won't mind if he stays or goes but I will always follow Tabs. I'll follow him in the bush leagues.

Tabs had exponential growth ahead of him. He's Facebook when Zuckerberg was in high school.

The Tabs is coming and once he explodes he'll take all followers with him on an epic journey that will be narrated by David Attenborough.

All aboard!

I will be LOL if Freo get Tipett and let go of Tab
. The news will be like the same as GC . The other club offer him more money and longer term .

Would understand why he left, but really hope he stays. Fascinating how people don't care if our only marking forward leaves, yet we continue to talk about the potential of McCarthy, the worse performing forward in the AFL of 2017. McCarthy needs help, he can't be the number one forward, so commonsense he needs Tabs to stay.

Would understand why he left, but really hope he stays. Fascinating how people don't care if our only marking forward leaves, yet we continue to talk about the potential of McCarthy, the worse performing forward in the AFL of 2017. McCarthy needs help, he can't be the number one forward, so commonsense he needs Tabs to stay.

But Richmond just won the premiership with no tall forward so nobody needs them any more. /sarc

Tabs just needs more mongrel - seeing him clunk marks at WAFL level will be good for him. Couldn't have said that about him last year. If he's crashing packs and halving marking contests he'll bring Matera and Walters into play. That's not something that McCarthy will ever be able to do since he's more mobile leading

Tabs just needs more mongrel - seeing him clunk marks at WAFL level will be good for him. Couldn't have said that about him last year. If he's crashing packs and halving marking contests he'll bring Matera and Walters into play. That's not something that McCarthy will ever be able to do since he's more mobile leading

History has shown us that if a guy doesn't have mongrel he won't just grow it. Tabs will never be the kind of guy who crashes packs. He reminds me alot of Andrew McDougall who used to play for WCE. Zero mongrel.

If a guy won't put his body on the line to crash a pack in juniors/WAFL he won't do it at AFL level. Just look at Jack Watts who looked AMAZING but has zero instinct for the physical pressures of AFL. Tabs is the same.

He'll be delisted or resign no club will pick him up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back