anchor man

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2001
Success WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dockers ∧South Fremantle
Remember when opposition teams would only put their 3rd defender on Tabs.

Now he's taking the No1 defender and running them into the ground and Hogan gets the 2nd best defender. Get McCarthy back in the side quickly.

We have 4 forwards averaging 2goals+ a game!!!
He has done that for a number of years,only we have never had good enough forwards to take advantage of it.
I had Switkowsi and Logue as the two player to look out for this year.One is beginning to shine already.Well played Switta.

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
He’s finally realised his size and that he can outmuscle pretty much any key defender and he’s starting to develop that mongrel side to his game. Not many can make Davis look like an undersized defender 1v1 and he moved him out of position at the drop and dragged him everywhere.

Caldera

All Australian
Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I’m glad we won today because if we hadn’t that could have been a nightmare for Tabs. So dominant, but when he had the chance to take the game by the scruff of the neck (on the scoreboard), he melted. Awesome that he had a contribution in the win, but he needs to get his head right before being the real deal.

Fyfster

Club Legend
Nov 6, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont
I like Tabs just needs to turn some of his dominance into a big haul other than that. you wouldn't trade him for Darling at the moment would you?

free at last

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
south of lat 32
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think we extended his contract this year too?

I remember the WAFL final series 2 years ago and watching him absolutely rag-doll the opposition defenders.I knew then he was going to make it as a quality AFL key forward.

Our list finally has 2 quality,young key forwards.We've got a potential top quality spine on hands here folks.

If we can add another top quality mid or two-we're finals bound for sure.

jwint43

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
As I live in Perth and am impartial to the Dockers, I have watched alot of Matt Taberner in the classic Freo sunday arvo timeslot. I think he is one big bag away from realising just how good he is. The way he muscled Davis off the ball yesterday was scary. Serious talent but he still makes basic mistakes that would cause frustration.

jedi mind tricks

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Dream State
AFL Club
Fremantle
As I live in Perth and am impartial to the Dockers, I have watched alot of Matt Taberner in the classic Freo sunday arvo timeslot. I think he is one big bag away from realising just how good he is. The way he muscled Davis off the ball yesterday was scary. Serious talent but he still makes basic mistakes that would cause frustration.

Yep he frustrates us from basic errors but within a moment he'll kick a goal or take an important mark.

If he was able to eradicate his brain fades Freo would have a seriously good player.

People forget that he was a rookie pick

Aug 22, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
He’s the player I most look forward to watch now just because of his presence in the forward line and his ability to pull a contested mark. Back in November someone posted a photo of him doing sprints at Freo oval before pre season started and I thought at the time that this type of dedication deserves success. Yes he has some things to work on but he is an absolute role model for working hard to deliver his current performances. Well done Tabs and keep going. I look forward to your bag of 7 later this year.

free at last

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
south of lat 32
AFL Club
Fremantle
He’s the player I most look forward to watch now just because of his presence in the forward line and his ability to pull a contested mark. Back in November someone posted a photo of him doing sprints at Freo oval before pre season started and I thought at the time that this type of dedication deserves success. Yes he has some things to work on but he is an absolute role model for working hard to deliver his current performances. Well done Tabs and keep going. I look forward to your bag of 7 later this year.

666 rule is probably helping us too,coaches can't flood the back line.If tabs doesn't get injured ,his quality of performances through confidence should get a lot more consistent.

Mar 26, 2012
Block 123
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, FC St. Pauli
Easily the most frustrating player on the list for me.

His marking up the ground and in the f50 is very important but seriously needs to work on his goal kicking and his brain fades. If he can do that he could be anything (for which I've been waiting for years).

He hasn't convinced me yet just yet, I'm still waiting

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
He went through the same thing in the WAFL before becoming one of the best set shots. His afl form has pretty much mirrored his WAFL form but 3 years later. This guy is going to cost a fortune to retain in 2 years time.
It’s almost as better, albeit no goals. He’s carried over his WAFL form but against top quality defenders, which is impressive. He did kick 5 goals straight in one game, then 11 straight over three games. Couldnt miss.
Maybe the Burley/Sherrin difference? Pointer ball. Who knows.

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
Best on ground yesterday in my opinion, sure he missed a few shots but apart from that he was clunking marks left right and centre. probably the best one on our team. He will be so damn dangerous soon, he already is.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Usually Kennedy is pretty good in the rain, but Tabs used to be particularly useless. Anyway, now’s probably not the time.
Just hope when the time comes we’re not too tall and heavy. But the mix is probably about right. Tabs/Lobb as the tallest. Once we add Darcy, it’s a case of the conditions. Don’t want to make that mistake

Sweetback

Cancelled
Dec 23, 2014
Just hope when the time comes we’re not too tall and heavy. But the mix is probably about right. Tabs/Lobb as the tallest. Once we add Darcy, it’s a case of the conditions. Don’t want to make that mistake

We’ve got enough of a mix of forwards now that any deficiencies from the talls aren’t exacerbated by a lack of smalls in wet weather. The way things are going it probs wont rain much this winter anyway.

Purple Maverick

Let the cobblers do the cobbling
Sep 6, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Leeds Utd FC
We’ve got enough of a mix of forwards now that any deficiencies from the talls aren’t exacerbated by a lack of smalls in wet weather. The way things are going it probs wont rain much this winter anyway.
Taking advantage of global warming

Back