Analysis The Matt Taberner effect

Remove this Banner Ad

Fowards coach needs to get in Tabs ear about his kicking into the man on mark. Done it multiple times this year. Once on saturday and then within millimetres when he was just 20m out dead in front of goal.

He's kicking goals though? Been a while since we had someone who can put through the middle. I grew up with Hunter as our FF. I'm happy

Will easily surpass 40 goals this season. I seriously hope he plays all 22 games.

I won't be surprised if he wins the best and fairest this season.
I'd say that he's on track for 50-60 goals. While he makes some dumb mistakes he's one of the most consistent scoring key forwards in the competition.

I'd say that he's on track for 50-60 goals. While he makes some dumb mistakes he's one of the most consistent scoring key forwards in the competition.
I would of been happy if he kicked 40 goals from 22 games this season, at the start of the year.

Mainly because he has had 3 injury riddled seasons

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Running into an open goal and missed real momentum killer.
Fyfe marking and miss a set shot 30 m out.
Walters missing in front of goals 20m out.
Tabs did everything. The players around him, did not.
It’s the Fremantle Taberner Line atm. What forward line? There isn’t any. And Tabs is carrying it on his back.
4.3. 7 marks. Doubled the second most goals on ground.
Forget weekly goal, it is now the Weekly Double. Think it’s Darling and Tabs as only players left to have kicked 2 or more goals in every game this season.

Think it’s Darling and Tabs as only players left to have kicked 2 or more goals in every game this season.
That stat is Tabsville - Population: 1 (Matt Taberner)

Pez Dispenser only kicked one against Geelong.

As far as the forward line goes, Tabs is the least of our problems. He's 147 pages deep and I'd expect 67% of the comments would be -ve. Hazarding a guess, this can only be because the majority don't know a good footballer when they see one or else they are wlb's. Enigma is a word someone on here used to describe him. 2. An inscrutable and mysterious person. 100% should be delighting in having an enignamious bloke in the forward line.

Matt Taberner is the only remaining player to have kicked multiple goals, an out of bounds on the full and a fresh air shot in every game of the season thus far
Like I always say.. it’s the worst of Tabs, it’s the best of Tabs. At least he’s kicking multiple goals with ease now. Just wish he had a 50m+ weapon kick. Such a good set shot within the 50. Anything further and he’s not reaching the distance

Tabs kicked 4.3 and 2 ootf, was down on his usual accuracy unfortunately but atleast he is getting the shots unlike our other forwards.

Was his big chance to kick that elusive bag

Tabs kicked 4.3 and 2 ootf, was down on his usual accuracy unfortunately but atleast he is getting the shots unlike our other forwards.

Was his big chance to kick that elusive bag
He deserves a bag soon purely to get credit for his form.

Genuine question.

What's more valuable? 2 goals per game regardless of opposition or 5 goals one week, one the next and 0 the week after?

He deserves a bag soon purely to get credit for his form.

Genuine question.

What's more valuable? 2 goals per game regardless of opposition or 5 goals one week, one the next and 0 the week after?
I'd lean 2 a game but it's circumstantial really, I want both for him, would love him to keep his 2 a game and kick bags, really announce to the comp he's a genuine coleman threat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back