Roast The media are vultures.

With all the publicity over Dusty and his struggles with the loss of his father, the constant speculation before his return of whether he might retire and now that he is back playing, whether he will ask for a trade to Sydney what have the Herqld Sun gone and done?

Ran with a story about his old.man facing criminal charges. Again. As the very first story that pops up on their website.

Screenshot_20220526-131558_Chrome.jpg

No wonder Dusty is still struggling as much as he is, when the scummy journalists in thw media are dredging up negativity about him and his family months and months after a tragedy.

Its is absolutely disgusting, gutter journalism. Completely unprofessional and sueely mist be causing Dusty more harm and grief.

As I said on the Tigercast ahead of the Pies game, the media are just so classless.

Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
How is this not harassment? It has zero current relevance other than to harass Dustin Martin.
Don’t know about harassment; as the main motivation, anyway. Obviously it will affect Dusty. The intention, I’m sure, is to create clicks trading on Dusty’s name.

They know what people will read and they feed that market.

We get the media we deserve. If we don’t consume it, it will go away.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Murdoch press. This is what they are.

...Mr McGowan also lashed out at the federal press gallery following Mr Albanese during the campaign, saying he witnessed intimidating behaviour from reporters at the four or five press conferences he attended.

“The press conferences I went to, they were screaming and interrupting, and rude and insulting, intimidating and bullying – sort of stuff that in a workplace, you get sacked for,” he said.

“They need to reflect on their behaviour. I’ve never seen anything like it.

“Anthony’s trying to answer a question, and they’re basically talking over him and being rude, and then muttering and insulting.

“Journalists would run at him and surround him as he walked towards the exit after concluding his press conference, and then the reporting would be he fled the press conference. It’s just lies.

“I was shocked and appalled.”

Goshka

Club Legend
Feb 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
With all the publicity over Dusty and his struggles with the loss of his father, the constant speculation before his return of whether he might retire and now that he is back playing, whether he will ask for a trade to Sydney what have the Herqld Sun gone and done?

Ran with a story about his old.man facing criminal charges. Again. As the very first story that pops up on their website.

View attachment 1409035

No wonder Dusty is still struggling as much as he is, when the scummy journalists in thw media are dredging up negativity about him and his family months and months after a tragedy.

Its is absolutely disgusting, gutter journalism. Completely unprofessional and sueely mist be causing Dusty more harm and grief.

As I said on the Tigercast ahead of the Pies game, the media are just so classless.
Who is the journalist?

Mar 31, 2011
Premiership nirvana
AFL Club
Richmond

View attachment 1409035

Murdoch gutter crap…never subscribe to or trust NewsCorpse…where the truth goes to die …Rupert Murdoch…fixkwit american *******…purveyor of evil…

This topic really stirs me up.
It shits me to death that these parasites that masquerade as ‘journalists’ believe they’re doing a story ‘in the public interest’ when in fact the public don’t give a * about half they’re stories.
I know for a fact players have very little respect and will always treat media with contempt whilst they continue to put their own career agendas ahead of reporting it as it genuinely is.
I attended my sons school sportsmans night few years ago which featured Cotchy. He referred to journalists as ‘w***ers’ twice in front of the kids, which made me realise what players really think of journos when the cameras are off.
Not the first time either.
Jordan Lewis once said Buddy refused to do an interview with him because “he was now on the other side”
….….former teammates!!
Media seriously needs to be held accountable.

Rant over.

Siberian Taiga

победа
Apr 19, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
Virtually all of the Media in Australia will say whatever they're told to. And then front up for the Walkley Awards night like they're Supermen and Superwomen, rather than clucking kents.

Virtually all of the Media in Australia will say whatever they're told to. And then front up for the Walkley Awards night like they're Supermen and Superwomen, rather than clucking kents.

Exactly. Look at the author of the article. Some young inexperienced journo. Don’t see it coming from one of the senior journalists at the rag. F’ing pathetic

SDMTiger4

Team Captain
Dec 4, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
What really p15ses me off is the fact that they will keep going on with stories that have no factual basis to them, about Dusty's playting future, or anything else about his personal life for that matter, until he gets to the stage where he says stuff the lot of ya and walks away from the game. Then the headlines will all be about how he has walked away, with no mention of how it was the media that drove him to it. A self-fulfilling prophecy. Absolutely no conscience.
No wonder he treats the media with disdain. Just leave the bloke alone for Christ's sake.

Back