Roast The media - no wonder players don't like them and don't trust them

Remove this Banner Ad

Lynch seems like such a w*nker, too. He was only saying what we’re all thinking. He seems like one of those pathetic small kids at school that build up anger then as soon as they hit the growth spurt become huge campaigners on field and try to throw their weight at everyone.

Yeah, you're right, he should belt women like Brian Lake.

You're still missing the point.

I watched the show.

It's not about who hit who.
It's about Robinson speaking his mind and getting criticized for it.

The comments were used as clickbait after the Lynch/Collins incident (as they were made after the Brisbane game). He made the remarks while gaming. While there's nothing to stop him voicing his opinion, anyone in the media has every right to have a view on it afterwards. I wonder if Fagan feels the criticisms of Mitchs comments were just. What do you think? And why can't the media be critical of comments made? Because you can't have it both ways. You can't accept some parts of the media saying his honesty was great while being critical of anyone who didn't think it was the smartest thing to say.

My point is don't cherry pick from the segment. Watch the whole thing ;)
I think you have totally missed the point

Who or what Mitch Robinson is talking about is irrelevant hence why I left any mention of who he was talking about out of the OP

These same media people (especially Wilson & Lloyd) want more access to players and want less filtered talk by players yet when a player gives them what they want, they attack him

Do you disagree?

I think you have totally missed the point

Who or what Mitch Robinson is talking about is irrelevant hence why I left any mention of who he was talking about out of the OP

These same media people (especially Wilson & Lloyd) want more access to players and want less filtered talk by players yet when a player gives them what they want, they attack him

Do you disagree?

Well i guess the issue is here it wasn't through the usual channels. Somehow the audio/vision has been picked up when Mitch was gaming. So i guess Robinson through his own nievity made the remarks thinking it wouldn't go anywhere. So in this case, the lines are blurred. I don't think this is the type of media access they are talking about.

Now, in the case of these remarks, some in the media have given it a nudge (as it's great click bait) and been all for it, while as we saw last night, others in the media aren't for it. So in point of fact you can't have it both ways. You can't accept it all one way. I think it couldn't have gone any other way given the nature of the remarks which has come to light. I wonder if Fagan thought they were harmless, great and open?

rlier and I was payingg hime back"".
That's never going to happen because they would be slaughtered by the club and media.
The comments were used as clickbait after the Lynch/Collins incident (as they were made after the Brisbane game). He made the remarks while gaming. While there's nothing to stop him voicing his opinion, anyone in the media has every right to have a view on it afterwards. I wonder if Fagan feels the criticisms of Mitchs comments were just. What do you think? And why can't the media be critical of comments made? Because you can't have it both ways. You can't accept some parts of the media saying his honesty was great while being critical of anyone who didn't think it was the smartest thing to say.
Sorry, I might need another coffee but your post doesn't make sense to me.

The whole point raised by the OP was the media want players to be more open and not roll out the standard vanilla responses.
When someone does, certain people in the media clip him.

Wasn't just about Lynch.
It was also bought up about his comments about not liking Selwood.

So what you're going to get in the future, is the club putting muzzles on their players and everything else
will continue to be vanilla.

I would've loved Lynch to come out and say "Collins gave me one earlier and I gave him one back".
Will never happen as the player will get slaughtered by his club and the media.

Sorry, I might need another coffee but your post doesn't make sense to me.

The whole point raised by the OP was the media want players to be more open and not roll out the standard vanilla responses.
When someone does, certain people in the media clip him.

Wasn't just about Lynch.
It was also bought up about his comments about not liking Selwood.

So what you're going to get in the future, is the club putting muzzles on their players and everything else
will continue to be vanilla.

I would've loved Lynch to come out and say "Collins gave me one earlier and I gave him one back".
Will never happen as the player will get slaughtered by his club and the media.

Read above buddy, i hope that clarifies better for you.

Read above buddy, i hope that clarifies better for you.
I don't think Robinson gives a poo what channels it was made.
He wears his heart on his sleeve.

The Selwood comment didn't get anywhere near the publicity that Lynch's did.
I'd suggest because he used the word w***er.

Anyway, I've said my piece.

These incidents are all minor. Grown men in the heat of the moment pushing, tummy taps, jumper punches etc... it happens. The media acted like Lynch murdered the bloke. That is why players don't like the media.

Robinson would have been told by the club to stfu. Rightly so imo. Mouthing off on social media makes him look like a idiot and gives the media something to report on. Plus some motivation for the tigers next time.
And yet the majority agree with what Robbo said and don't think it made him look like an idiot, lynch on the otherhand does in fact look and act like an idiot....

The media want the players to be ‘open and honest’ and ‘characters’.

Except, not too open and honest (especially the ex players in the media who seriously can’t handle anything that breaks ‘the code’), and the characters need to be on script and not too much of an individual because they’ll either end up utterly terrified of offending you (Adam Goodes) or treat you like a outcast (Jason Akermanis).

It’s best to find the middle ground - be a ‘bit of a character’ but also, ‘one of the boys’ - say what you think....but also shill gambling aps.

Ultimately, be Campbell Brown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And yet the majority agree with what Robbo said and don't think it made him look like an idiot, lynch on the otherhand does in fact look and act like an idiot....

Even if its true, the club would still be disappointed Robinson said what he did. As a fan I would be to. Made even worse its coming from Robinson. Someone with a far worse history of on and off field acts.

The funny thing is the layout of Joondalup resort doesnt really work that way. She would have had to clear the hotel quarters to get to the part the fence is to climb it. The fence is more or less around to stop the kangaroos from coming on the course in a area of wilderness as opposed to stop people entering.

Perhaps she came in from a different direction (e.g. through the back), to come in unnoticed?

Regardless of what the usual purpose of the fence is, or how she got in, she (and her partner) knowingly did the wrong thing, and shouldn't have needed any security to be there to stop them.

Collins struck Lynch in the midriff just before that contest which saw the scuffle break out. So Collins hit Lynch, Lynch goes at Collins, then Witts gets involved. Pretty simple sequence really. And he didn't strike Witts. So don't be so melodramatic. And Witherton was 2 weeks ago. I could talk about how Robinson cleaned up Stack off the ball and gave him a gob full, but, i accept that as part of footy. I hope that clears it up for you.
Ah right, Lynch got fined for striking Witts because he didn’t strike him.

Thank you for clearing it up.

Anyone but me find it very distasteful when Garry Lyon begins talking about areas of sportsmanship etc? A man who is pounding his ex best friends wife isnt exactly the man who should be lecturing people on human behaviour if you ask me
Alright enoughs enough.....

Did Gary do the wrong thing? Yes.

But let’s focus on Brownless deciding to become a pisshead and a big fat *. Sorry mate. U let yourself go. The misso didn’t

Us blokes love holding women to account when they blow out. Well the shoes on the other foot here

But let’s focus on Brownless deciding to become a pisshead and a big fat fu**. Sorry mate. U let yourself go. The misso didn’t

Us blokes love holding women to account when they blow out. Well the shoes on the other foot here
Agree

Billy is apparently the same guy in real life that you see on TV. A fat campaigner who goes on and on about froffies. No wonder his Mrs took off

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

But let’s focus on Brownless deciding to become a pisshead and a big fat fu**. Sorry mate. U let yourself go. The misso didn’t

Not disagreeing with any of that thats for sure

Uh, that still does not excuse her from cheating. If she wasn't attracted to him anymore you break things off. Such a poor take.

Agree

Billy is apparently the same guy in real life that you see on TV. A fat campaigner who goes on and on about froffies. No wonder his Mrs took off

As someone who went attended Geelong Best and Fairest nights both now and in his playing career, this is pretty much it. He's a pleasant enough guy, but only in a blokey matey way. Life to him is what goes on in a footy club. He's a buffoon.

The funniest thing is the ongoing manufactured outrage that current or retired footy players act like...........footy players.

Among a strong field of hypocrites (that covers all supporters, and all clubs), the journalists remain pretty hard to surpass. The amount of stuff they know about that we don't would be mindboggling. But they're terrified of losing their contacts, either because they desperately need the attention, desperately want to be relevant, or are still starstruck fanboys. It's both hilarious and pathetic.

Uh, that still does not excuse her from cheating. If she wasn't attracted to him anymore you break things off. Such a poor take.

I have this notion that it was blindingly obvious but Billy missed all the clues

"Hey hon, me and Gary are going away for the weekend"
"Oh cool, where are you going"
"Poundtown"
"Cool stuff, send me a postcard"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back