Toast The media....*Nods Head*

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe Port have considered Thomas for a coaching/academy role?

Certainly won't be on the Power list next year and I don't think we can sign him to the Maggies.

Now that the cows have lost their last two games it appears that there is enough reason for the media to get off our backs, at least for a while. Latest ad I saw for the seven news contained the line "what is going on at West Lakes".

It's been some time since we had a win and 'they' had a loss, so I ventured to listen to 5aark this afternoon. Wildy and 'Kimbo' in the chair today whilst the regular pair are making their way back from China. I can hardly believe my ears though because it's been nothing but glowing compliments for our Club - from Bickley and cRowie who they had on the phone to even old Wrinkles, albeit through clenched teeth. The only negative comments have been from some of the callers - as you'd expect anyway, probably the same culprits that dribble on BF and Adelaide Now.

I wait to see whether Kornes will keep the Kumbaya going with his little program...

It's been some time since we had a win and 'they' had a loss, so I ventured to listen to 5aark this afternoon. Wildy and 'Kimbo' in the chair today whilst the regular pair are making their way back from China. I can hardly believe my ears though because it's been nothing but glowing compliments for our Club - from Bickley and cRowie who they had on the phone to even old Wrinkles, albeit through clenched teeth. The only negative comments have been from some of the callers - as you'd expect anyway, probably the same culprits that dribble on BF and Adelaide Now.

I wait to see whether Kornes will keep the Kumbaya going with his little program...

Great little vid - at the end especially when a local says he loves the game, small steps people.... and then you notice the Tasting Australia side of it outside the ground, for the people who knock this stuff it really is pure jealousy.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2017-05-14/power-win-rocket-flat-fan-reaction

What is Marngrook FS like? I hear that it's a lot better than most other footy shows.

Yeah, it's good value. S**ts all over the channel 9 equivalent.

It's on at 7.30pm on channel 34. Definitely worth a look. :thumbsu:

On every Thursday, C34 (thanks Jojay), and on NITV (C144) if you have Foxtel. Also shown on Fridays @3pm on SBS

What is Marngrook FS like? I hear that it's a lot better than most other footy shows.

Good. They have good guests and they actually talk about the games in reasonable depth. Gilbert McAdam sounds like a brain dead drunk and you can see all the other panelists wondering where each crazy mixed up rant will go, but that's all part of the charm.

Is Rohan Connolly on the show every week? I didn't see it, but I believe he mocked/bagged our China strategy on this show.
Yeah, he's only on for about 15 mins each week... and although a more punchable head you will not find, he's actually quite bearable because its a genuine panel footy show - not some quasi variety/ tonight show.

And it actually caters to a national audience - not just the Vics... go figure.

If you want piss poor attempts at humour, then watch the footy show on 9.
If you want to hear about the actual football without a bunch of D grade wannabe celebrities acting like dick heads, then watch Marngrook.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Currently live in Victoria but back in Adelaide for a few days. Nothing screams SA more than watching Kerls, KG and Cornes talk about the footy on TV.

Cornes was defending the Crows response to the Melbourne supporters who ruffled a few feathers. Kerls was having nothing of it. If you don't like banter just watch the game on TV from the comfort of your lounge room.

Hits nail on head.

Currently live in Victoria but back in Adelaide for a few days. Nothing screams SA more than watching Kerls, KG and Cornes talk about the footy on TV.
Cornes was defending the Crows response to the Melbourne supporters who ruffled a few feathers. Kerls was having nothing of it. If you don't like banter just watch the game on TV from the comfort of your lounge room.
Hits nail on head.

Kerls and Fagan should meet.

Hits nail on head.

I live here and I thought at least two of those guys were dead. Three if you subscribe to my theory that Cornes is a vampire.

SLIDING DOORS: PAFC.
If
you look at this side's percentage after eight rounds ...

then ... you'll see it's beyond 150. An historically meaningful number more than a third of the way through a season.
First off, I believe it should be 'a' not 'an'.
Secondly, this is not sliding doors (and none of his has been for a while. Gwenyth Paltrow could really teach him something)
Lastly, is this an invitation to research?

Some further info would be nice, I.e teams with 150 percent after 1/3 of a season have gone on to win a flag the last 10 times it has happened?

Is the number 150 historical because SA had a jubilee in 1986 celebrating 150 years and that is,you know, history?

Is 150 historically significant at the third of the season because 150 is divisible by 3 and each time a batsman gets a fifty he waves a bat and bats are like sticks which sometimes refers to goal posts and going through them is a goal and dyslexic people would read that as gaol which makes them think of prisons and prison bars is the nickname of Port's SANFL gurnsey and last time they wore it in the AFL Port were awesome?

Secondly, this is not sliding doors (and none of his has been for a while. Gwenyth Paltrow could really teach him something)
Lastly, is this an invitation to research?

Some further info would be nice, I.e teams with 150 percent after 1/3 of a season have gone on to win a flag the last 10 times it has happened?

Is the number 150 historical because SA had a jubilee in 1986 celebrating 150 years and that is,you know, history?

Is 150 historically significant at the third of the season because 150 is divisible by 3 and each time a batsman gets a fifty he waves a bat and bats are like sticks which sometimes refers to goal posts and going through them is a goal and dyslexic people would read that as gaol which makes them think of prisons and prison bars is the nickname of Port's SANFL gurnsey and last time they wore it in the AFL Port were awesome?
Now i'm impressed. You've put a lot of thought into your reply on Barrett's off the cuff sliding doors. Would be nice to see what the significance is and where he got his details, but it sounds like we're in a good place, if we keep winning ;)

Pretty sure 'an' is correct before 'h' ;)
Best sliding doors movie moment - the last minutes of Unfaithful with Diane Lane.

Pretty sure 'an' is correct before 'h' ;)
Best sliding doors movie moment - the last minutes of Unfaithful with Diane Lane.
I was taught that 'an' is used before anything starting with a vowel.

In regards to the 'h' theory.....

An house
An horse
An hotel

Doesn't feel right to me, but happy to be corrected, pretty sure we both have Damien Barrett covered though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back