Toast The media....*Nods Head*

Remove this Banner Ad

The majority of 'football experts' predicted Port Adelaide to finish bottom four this season. They asserted, in no uncertain terms, that our club was crap. Our game plan, our list, our management. Everything.

These same 'experts' will now attach themselves to this meaningless statistic. They will tout us as a top four certainty for the remainder of the season, because 'deep down' they always had a 'sneaking suspicion' we might recapture our form and rise up the ladder again.

If (or more likely when, given our consistency issues and the evenness of this year's competition) we finish outside of the top four, they will change their tune again. We will be portrayed as the year's greatest disappointment on every top bloke-laden panel show. 'How could they not secure a top four finish with that talented list? We all thought they were certainties to finish there. What do you think, Browny?'

'Errderrr, derring mer term ert Brersbern...'

You watch.

Last edited:
The majority of 'football experts' predicted Port Adelaide to finish bottom four this season. They asserted, in no uncertain terms, that our club was crap. Our game plan, our list, our management. Everything.

These same 'experts' will now attach themselves to this meaningless statistic. They will tout us as a top four certainty for the remainder of the season, because 'deep down' they always had a 'sneaking suspicion' we might recapture our form and rise up the ladder again.

If (or more likely when, given our consistency issues and the evenness of this year's competition) we finish outside of the top four, they will change their tune again. We will be portrayed as the year's greatest disappointment on every top bloke-laden panel show. 'How could they not secure a top four finish with that talented list? We all thought they were certainties to finish there. What do you think, Browny?'

'Errderrr, derring mer term ert Brersbern...'

You watch.

There's one thread worthy of a bump if we finish top 4 before finals.

This is quite a good piece on Choco coaching in the VAFA Bs with AJAX. http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...b/news-story/e5d998cf366de4e1fec9e185a17941a8
I listened to Choco yesterday for his Monday arvo segment with Francis Leach on SEN. Its a bloody good half hour and I will either catch it live or on podcast after I found out it was a regular gig a couple of weeks ago.

Choco doesn't drink or smoke but he uses the word blood, or phrase bloody hell during his half hour segment as much as any bloke at a pub having a beer, puffing on a smoke and shooting the s**t at the bar.

Yesterday he backed in Houli, saying he is one of the nicest person he has meet in footy. backing a mate to the hilt. But when Leach asked him why poor goal kicking persists, he really backed his mate Ben Perkins. He gave his history of how he was working with the Wallabies and John Eales - who wasn't the Wallabies main try converter kicker, but took some critical conversion attempts, and he approached Port to help us. Choco went thru the players he has helped and basically said clubs wont take on Ben because he is too out there, intimidated by him and he is a bit different. Leach called him a kook, Choco agreed and Leach said - just like you, and clubs are a bit scared of him as a result. I wish our club had the guts to get Perkins back to help us convert these easy set shots from 30m out straight in front or up to 45 degree angle.

Listen to Choco here with the link to his segment right under the one for the link that says Afternoons with Francis Leach - June 26, 2017.
https://www.sen.com.au/programs/sen-afternoons/

This is quite a good piece on Choco coaching in the VAFA Bs with AJAX. http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...b/news-story/e5d998cf366de4e1fec9e185a17941a8

“We put together a financial deal that included Maccabi Victoria, which is the head of all Jewish sport. So between AJAX and Maccabi we were able to put up a package that made sense to him and us, and it went from there. I still scratch myself that we got him. I scratch myself every week that he’s coaching our boys. From the players’ perspective, they’re learning so much. It’s unbelievable what they’re getting out of it. As a club you look around and see the support and sponsorship and wish you could have him forever.

“He’s a genuinely ripping bloke. He’s taken our community under his wing. He’s been to synagogues and the Holocaust Centre, and that’s important to us, because we’re a community-based club. It’s not win at all costs. Yes, he’s incredibly competitive but he’s also all about the community.’’
It’s a part-time position and allows him to do other bits and pieces during the week, including coaching, leadership and mentoring, and speaking engagements.

Good to see an AFL coach getting upset at an SA media person's social media comments. After all the shite we cop from people the other side of the border it was refreshing to read that Kornes roasted Richmond and Dimma reacted. Well done Kane.

Last edited:
Just heard Tom Jonas say on channel nine news that if Port makes the top 4 without beating a top 8 side the he doesn't give a s**t (beeped out). Good on you Tommy. Tom and Billy Frampton were visiting Yalta Gaol, drumming up some hard core support. Shame the locals aren't any good for a 3 game membership.
Yalta Gaol eh?

Wonder if the place is haunted by the ghosts of Stalin, Roosevelt and Churchill?

Twice in the past month Rowe has asked Jonathon Brown
"right now if Adelaide plays Port in a final, who wins?"
He's answered Port both times. Crickets lol
Never ask a question you don't want to hear the answer to hahaha

Yeah but when Rowe asked Alanis Morrisset, what did she say?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I always thought the Cold Chisel song went "Cheap Wine and a 3 legged goat". When I finally heard it correctly after about a decade I was like "WTF Jason!!!"

lol for about thirty years I sung: "She's mine and I'm feeling cold!" By the time I found out what the actual lyrics were, it was too late. I have this problem with song lyrics a-lot...

No, no, no. By the time the final game of the round came around on Sunday West Coast were outside the 8! If WC v Port was scheduled as the Friday night game then yes, we'd have now beaten a Top 8 side.......

Nah we would have lost if we played before they were outside the 8 ;)

AFL360 boys have given SPP a massive boost in his chances of winning the Rising Star.

Both declared him the winner.

Yeah, pretty big endorsement for SPP. IIRC Callum Mills hadn't even been nominated when Whateley started pushing his bandwagon midway through last season and he eventually went on to win the whole thing.

Leach called him a kook, Choco agreed and Leach said - just like you, and clubs are a bit scared of him as a result. I wish our club had the guts to get Perkins back to help us convert these easy set shots from 30m out straight in front or up to 45 degree angle.

Funny i wish our club had the guts to appoint Choco director of coaching or football and ditch shart, but that probably belongs in the "unpopular opinions" thread.

Funny i wish our club had the guts to appoint Choco director of coaching or football and ditch shart, but that probably belongs in the "unpopular opinions" thread.

No thanks. Choc was a wonderful servant up until 2007 then things went down hill quite quickly. Only a millenial or someone with a short memory would countenance bringing him back at 59 years of age. Choc's time has passed and I would not see anything funny in appointing him to the Coaching staff.

As PatientMental posted above, SHart is now the Director of Academies so he has been ditched from the Director of Coaching role. I for one would not like to see Choco back at Alberton as the Director of Coaching. I'd would however be happy to see him working as a development coach in one of the academies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back