Toast The media....*Nods Head*

Remove this Banner Ad

Excellent to see an article by Rucci on Adelaide Now continuing Kane's good work and exposing the Crows propaganda machine and behind the scenes work for what it is... basically to deceive the customers, malign player managers, paint the Crows as united and above reproach and cause mischief for Port. Suggested it is Fagan's club who has been feeding out the mistruths about Ports bursting salary cap.
I absolutely get that it's partly stirring but keep it up, these frauds need to be exposed for the filthy campaigners they are and it is usually us who are on the receiving end of their dirty tactics.

Link?

Can't believe how many Adelaide Now subscribers we look to have on this board.

Not that it should really concern you but...

The reason I have a subscription to The Advertiser, and hence a digital subscription, is I pay for the paper to be delivered to my parents house.

I simply looked up Rooch’s tweet, got the link and provided it to try and assist Gremio out.

"AFL football has more one-way streets than New York City".
This is the opening sentence so googling this might help get around the paywall.
If this doesn't work others on here can guide you to it

It worked. Thank you.

I believe AFC could have used the media as a tool to force Brisbane's hand.

Not sure if anyone mentioned it but this also got an airing on 60 minutes (or Sunday Night, one of them). Was channel flicking and saw Russell Ebert being interviewed.
Yeah mentioned it in the Let's talk Port's thread last Sunday as segment was airing, but i just said I saw the great man on .....

Rucci's whole article in today's Medievil Times.....
Haha I prefer that title. Yes it was a great troll.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...e/news-story/7732bba468217d653fd673990d97b3f6
AFL football has more one-way streets than New York City.Loyalty is paramount to building a successful team and its “culture”. But it is irrelevant when courting a prospective recruit, asking him to turn his back on his current AFL club – and his legally binding contract.Accountability became the agenda item late in the AFL season when Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley – in reaction to Brownlow Medallist Brad Hardie’s remarks to a talkback call on Perth radio – called on league boss Gillon McLachlan to revoke media credentials for supposed “falsehoods”. “I reckon it’s worth looking at,” McLachlan responded. At least McLachlan tried building a two-way highway on this front adding: “There is responsibility everywhere. Whether it be our players, coaches, officials, everyone is held incredibly accountable everyday.”

Adelaide list manager Justin Reid a week earlier – at the start of the trade talks at Etihad Stadium – also on the Gibbs saga: “We’ve moved on from there ... Bryce is a contracted player and I think he’s happy where he is. So we all move on.”Reid’s notion that all the speculation of Adelaide making a second play on Gibbs was from people “needing to feel space on radio shows from 7am to 6pm”.Of course, the AFL clubs will excuse such misinformation as a necessity to protect the business of a sensitive trade (although there was no third player for Gibbs).
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...e/news-story/7732bba468217d653fd673990d97b3f6

But this is a great pay out of th0se idiots and Rowe and Jarman probably feed by Shuttleworth.I have spared you the photo of Rowe looking like a complete moron.
The most bizarre chapter in this year’s trade period came on the eve of Thursday’s deadline. Two Adelaide radio stations – with former Crows players behind the microphones – told the “story” of contracted Crow Charlie Cameron having changed his mind on wanting a trade to Brisbane. All had been resolved by a round of golf with Adelaide coach Don Pyke.Hours later – after Cameron and Pyke had shared a flight to Perth – Cameron made it clear he still wanted to be traded. And there was no round of golf with Pyke. So who was it from the Adelaide Football Club who told Stephen Rowe and Andrew Jarman such a mythical tale ... while adding an appalling battering of Cameron’s manager, Colin Young? Was it a pre-emptive PR play, simply to avoid the Crows tagged as unable to hold valued players or holding Cameron against his wishes to a contract? And what of the chap who, according to Rowe, was playing two holes behind the mythical Cameron-Pyke golf game hearing Cameron reconsider his wish to move to Queensland? For three hours there was renewed optimism in the Adelaide fan base on seeing Cameron eagerly donning a Crows jumper again ... until he landed in Perth to make a mockery of this falsehood. Of course, Rowe and Jarman could have double-checked with Cameron’s management team, either Young or Andrew McDougall. And this rolls back to Buckley’s original outburst against Hardie during a post-match media conference at Adelaide Oval.

Also mentions how Crows repeatedly denied key Josh Jenkins had cracked ribs but it was Warren Tredrea, who kept reporting Jenkins’ rib injury and apparently got an apology from a senior Crows executive when they accepted there was no point in continuing to deny the rib injury.

Can't believe how many Adelaide Now subscribers we look to have on this board.

1) Copy the address for the premium article (right click, copy link).
2) Open an incognito/private browsing window.
3) Go to Google, paste the address in the search box, and search.
4) Click the top result and read premium article for free.
5) Repeat process for each premium article.
6) Laugh as they slowly go out of business.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think there are many man. Just type the article title into Google Chrome incognito and you can read for free.

Maybe REH has a platinum subscription and is allowed to post whole articles here!

latest

"Even the moderators were frightened of REH"

;);)

Use De tiser extension for Chrome.
Is there a similar extension for The Australian? I do what Alyx said to do for the Oz but I can now only have 1 or 2 articles open at at the same time. If I want a 3rd one I have to close the first 2.

1) Copy the address for the premium article (right click, copy link).
2) Open an incognito/private browsing window.
3) Go to Google, paste the address in the search box, and search.
4) Click the top result and read premium article for free.
5) Repeat process for each premium article.
6) Laugh as they slowly go out of business.
I know all that and it doesn't always work as I'm sure you would know that as well.

There are other methods also.

My point is that it's a paid link so the poster would have likely taken it when viewing the article online.

Why not post an unpaid link? In this instance the same article is in the courier mail.

Because the posters if these links are usually Adelaide Now subscription holders.

I know all that and it doesn't always work as I'm sure you would know that as well.

There are other methods also.

My point is that it's a paid link so the poster would have likely taken it when viewing the article online.

Why not post an unpaid link? In this instance the same article is in the courier mail.

Because the posters if these links are usually Adelaide Now subscription holders.
I dont get what you are scared of. Are you worried about click stats?. If you open it in incognito Im not sure that registers as a different unique visitor. Sometimes the article link comes up for another News Corp publication but if you link something written last night for this mornings paper it's usually only the Tsier link that you get.

If you have read your 30 free Age and SMH articles for the month open that in incognito window and your IP address isn't blocked.

If you want to read a Fin Review article that is bloked and a subscription purchase page pops up then just refresh it and quickly simultaneously hold down the CNTRL key and the S key as if you are going to save it but you don't have to. If you are quick enough you click cancel on the save box and you have access to the article. Usually doing this once or twice does the trick otherwise by the 3rd or 4th time should get you access.

No I don't have any paper subscriptions. I used to have a Press Reader subscription but for $30 a month I had access to 1,400 papers around the world and I could virtually read the full print edition. Then the local government library sites got free access to Press Reader papers and magazine so I gave that up and used that free access with my local library card membership. Then most of the big papers cancelled their agreement with Press Reader. But there are still heaps of free international papers and magazines as well as local and country Oz papers you can read their paper/magazine viritually online.

Last edited:
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/fo...n/news-story/c5e1bd4016739b3faacc6a1ee6e37d56

VETERAN Footy commentator Mike Sheahan says Port Adelaide are premiership favourites heading into 2018.

On the back of a dream trade period where the Power picked up star signings Tom Rockliff, Jack Watts and Steven Motlop, Sheahan says the club will go all the way next season.

Port Adelaide’s 2017 campaign finished in disappointment after their elimination final loss to West Coast, but Sheahan believes the quality of the club’s new signings immediately improves the club to the best team in the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back