Toast The media....*Nods Head*

RossFC

May 23, 2012
Alberton Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
haha that free kick is an absolute joke. I remember watching it live and thinking "What free kick did the ump pull out his arse this time?"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RussellEbertHandball

Flick pass expert
Nov 16, 2004
SE Oz
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks
They changed the ruck rule with regards to staying apart at throw ins in 2017, when they introduced the nominated ruck BS.

This is a cut and paste from the 2018 rule book, which I don't think it has changed, but the free kick was technically there under part c, but its very pedantic and so many have been missed in the past seasons since the change in 2017. So unless Lycett had been warned before by that particular umpire, this might be an over reaction to previous week against Gawn.

1554273855850.png

RussellEbertHandball

Flick pass expert
Nov 16, 2004
SE Oz
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks
RussellEbertHandball - this is our strine friend, tipping the bucket on shock jock w***er Ray Hadley...

Just finished watching the 7.30 story. At one point he was brought to tears talking about the bullying Hadley did. A few others have come out and spoke up including a colleague who had Hadley as his MC at his wedding.

Have a look at 7.30. Hadley is a bully and has psychopathic tendencies. He was an ex cabbie and his rants like an angry cabbie. whenever I caught him on the radio in Sydney he regularly sounded like a mad cabbies rant

Ford Fairlane

Feb 21, 2002
Port Adelaide 5015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies
Just finished watching the 7.30 story. At one point he was brought to tears talking about the bullying Hadley did. A few others have come out and spoke up including a colleague who had Hadley as his MC at his wedding.

Have a look at 7.30. Hadley is a bully and has psychopathic tendencies. He was an ex cabbie and his rants like an angry cabbie. whenever I caught him on the radio in Sydney he regularly sounded like a mad cabbies rant
The mad cabbie rant, I will remember that :D

I watched the 7.30 Report too. Hadley said he would like to catch up with the people he has hurt and shiv the campaigners, oops I mean have a beer with them.

I remember 60 Minutes lionising him in a story a few years ago.

Grave Danger

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza

I watched the 7.30 Report too. Hadley said he would like to catch up with the people he has hurt and shiv the campaigners, oops I mean have a beer with them.

(Not safe for work/polite company)

RussellEbertHandball

Flick pass expert
Nov 16, 2004
SE Oz
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks

There was a lot of mad cabbies ranting in Sydney when I lived there and in my early days there, when I regularly used them, especially with work.

I think the Sydney traffic does it to people.

rareport

Rookie
Oct 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Whilst QLD is the home of the nut job right wing politician, Sydney has a love affair with the Right Wing Shock Jock.
I think you'll find that they broadcast widely into Qld and are v. popular up there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eddie Dingle

sarah
Apr 16, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Hadley was quoted in the paper the other day as saying something like “I have no comment out of respect for his mental health”.

Apparently it was a love hate relationship.

They both loved Ray and hated Andrew.

CharlieKelly

Bird Lawyer
May 8, 2014
Adelaide Airport
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Red Sox, Boston Celtics, QPR
How good is it to be able to listen to a radio program tgat is balanced ( no cows crap) SEN 1629! I can get it at home and in the car, great.
I like SEN, their AFL coverage is great, and they cover American sports too. And Whately is always great to listen to. It's great to have sports coverage choices in Adelaide that aren't KG, Graham Cornes, Stephen Rowe and Andrew Jarman.

BUT, I hate it when I drive in certain places and it's static, like along Port Road between the brewery and the city, I assume it's electrical interference from the overhead tram lines, and other places too, including in the CBD. It's a few teething problems with the broadcast that are fixable.

Harlott

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Good to hear some media piling on some pressure. Sandy Roberts just said yesterday's performance was embarrassing and T Wallace said he's thought we're flakey for a while and nothing has changed his mind.

Burton89onegoal

Senior List
Jan 1, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Good to hear some media piling on some pressure. Sandy Roberts just said yesterday's performance was embarrassing and T Wallace said he's thought we're flakey for a while and nothing has changed his mind.
Sandy Roberts and embarassing certainly belong in the same sentence.

raptalia

Premium Platinum
Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
I posted this on the Mid Season Draft thread but it is such a great news that I thought it could go in here as well...

Ah, nearly chocked on my coffee from laughter at this morning headlines. So, the SANFL clubs are angry at the mid season draft rules- how sweet it is.

As I have posted previously I doubt we will participate but it would be great to grab a Norwood player and have him play against them for the rest of the year.

great to see the shoe on the other foot for a change. :D:D:D:D:D

RossFC

May 23, 2012
Alberton Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
I posted this on the Mid Season Draft thread but it is such a great news that I thought it could go in here as well...

Ah, nearly chocked on my coffee from laughter at this morning headlines. So, the SANFL clubs are angry at the mid season draft rules- how sweet it is.

As I have posted previously I doubt we will participate but it would be great to grab a Norwood player and have him play against them for the rest of the year.

Is that rule about players we draft mid-season from SANFL teams not being allowed to play for the Maggies real?

raptalia

Premium Platinum
Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Is that rule about players we draft mid-season from SANFL teams not being allowed to play for the Maggies real?
I think one of the rules is they cannot play against the side we draft them from. I would just be sweet to take a player from Norwood. I am not sure we will draft a player however we have had a couple of long term injuries of late so maybe we will run a rule over the possibles.

Enviable Tradition

Professional Procrastinator
Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Yeah I enjoyed that read.

They do everything they can to fu** over the AFL clubs (especially Port) then expect the AFL to take their feelings into account when the boot is on the other foot.

fu** them and their pissant administrations. Pettiness doesn't pay.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Top Bottom