Toast The media....*Nods Head*

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andre

Premium Platinum
Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ah, the joys of not watching any FTA TV except the occasional Port game for over a decade. The last I remember anything one way or the other about Stan Grant is him cracking the s**ts about his musical ability being mocked on Frontline. I think there’s something in that for all of us.

raptalia

Premium Platinum
Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Paul Starick's opinion piece in this morning's Monopoly Times is pretty good. Twice in a week I find myself agreeing with a Crow supporter, I obviously need help. Starrick is right though the Boards of both the Power and Crows have no accountability to Members. Contrast that to a club like Hawthorn where Board members are elected.

These days there is absolutely no difference in the Port Adelaide and Adelaide models of governance. We once labelled the AFC as a 'corporation' because their Members had no say in how the club was run and their Board was not accountable. Alas these days we are no different.

Last edited:

Enviable Tradition

Professional Procrastinator
Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Paul Starick's opinion piece in this morning's Monopoly Times is pretty good. Twice in a week I find myself agreeing with a Crow supporter. Starrick is right though the Boards of both the Power and Crows have no accountability to Members. Contrast that to a club like Hawthorn where Board members are elected.
Best thing I have read on that paper in a LONG time

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Grave Danger

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
I wonder if Adelaide Now would provide this sort of balance if this were a Crows (or indeed Port) player...

(Perth Now is no longer in the Limited News stable by the way, and they don't have a paywall so you can read both sories in full!)

Top Bottom