Toast The media....*Nods Head*

Remove this Banner Ad

Great article re the value of Charlie

Not just Charlie, set out our blueprint for the year pretty clearly. These ABC analysis articles have been superb all year.

Not just Charlie, set out our blueprint for the year pretty clearly. These ABC analysis articles have been superb all year.
That's written by the 2 http://www.hpnfooty.com/ guys who regularly contribute articles to ABC about footy, and other sports.

They are doing God's work, that's for sure.
Yeah what they contribute to ABC articles as well as their own website is good stuff.

I enjoyed Kane's "subtle" sledge at Roo in the paper this morning...

View attachment 935108

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Does ANYONE actually want to see Marky Mark on their TV?

Zero charisma, desperately unnattractive, stupid, deeply unfunny, horrible sounding voice and entirely incapable of providing meaningful insight about what is occurring onfield.

He won a Brownlow though.

I enjoyed Kane's "subtle" sledge at Roo in the paper this morning...

View attachment 935108

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Basil was a footballer though! I reckon I saw one of his handful of games for West Perth, Neil Brooks might've been playing too I think, but that could've been the ressies, or he may have just been heckling Basil from the hill, I can't remember. Baz had a lower pain threshold than Rory Lobb.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Compelling story here about Robert Muir - worth a read for indigenous round:

I thought it was an excellent article that provides much needed context and perspective to Robbie Muir's life and career. A terribly victimised individual. White Australia has a history that it should be ashamed of. And to think how readily we condemn Apartheid, Nazism and racist persecution in other countries such as the US and China.

I thought it was an excellent article that provides much needed context and perspective to Robbie Muir's life and career. A terribly victimised individual. White Australia has a history that it should be ashamed of. And to think how readily we condemn Apartheid, Nazism and racist persecution in other countries such as the US and China.

Disgraceful treatment from St Kilda, and the Woodville-West Torrens doorman telling him at a function he's not welcome back there, who the **** do they think they are !

Disgraceful treatment from St Kilda, and the Woodville-West Torrens doorman telling him at a function he's not welcome back there, who the **** do they think they are !
When I was in Pt . Lincoln quite a few of the white footballers told me they were disappointed when the indigenous team Mallee Park was formed in 1981 because they weren’t playing in the other teams so they didn’t get to know them .
it was a fair point but on the other hand the indigenous boys would be welcome at the game but not back at the club after especially if god forbid they wanted to bring friends or family as well .
Get the feeling there may have been a bit of that at St.Kilda

And here’s the follow up piece - it was obviously confronting reading for many:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08...to-robert-muir-admit-to-grave-errors/12587102
👍
"Until now, much of his story had been untold.

Muir also revealed he is still suffering from a shoulder injury that dates back to his playing career, for which the AFL Players' Association is unable to offer financial assistance.

In response, members of the public created a GoFundMe page to "raise enough for his surgery plus some extra". Within hours, it had raised more than $50,000.

"Calling on all St Kilda Football Club fans to support past player Robert Muir to get his shoulder fixed and show him the collective care and support that should've been afforded him when he played for our club," the creators of the GoFundMe page wrote."

So we now know who is on the chopping block the next time they need to reduce staff numbers at the Tiser.
I doubt McGuire is worried about that. He's an award winning journalist, a real journalist not just some "celebrity" writing opinion pieces, and a successful author. He has enough confidence in his ability to be able to take a crack at sacred cows like Ambassador Wrinkles and the Camry Crows without fear that he may never work again if #godhatesfages puts in a call to his editor.

I doubt McGuire is worried about that. He's an award winning journalist, a real journalist not just some "celebrity" writing opinion pieces, and a successful author. He has enough confidence in his ability to be able to take a crack at sacred cows like Ambassador Wrinkles and the Camry Crows without fear that he may never work again if #godhatesfages puts in a call to his editor.

Think he claims to be a Swans supporter doesn't he?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back