Toast The media....*Nods Head*

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok the moving salaries to fix the books that Caro mentioned is discussed in the story and worth repeating here. When was Dougal signed up to? Wonder if he had a bit of back end loading in his contract that has freed up 2021 cap space??

That $850k if correct, would have been built up over 3 years not one season as a compulsory 95% wouldn't allow you to under pay that much in 1 year .

After needing to push back some player salaries due to financial difficulties, the Power have plenty of space to make bids for other players.

They’re also expected to use some of that cap room to re-sign Charlie Dixon and Ollie Wines, despite the latter having some interest in joining Carlton last year.

“The fascinating stuff behind the scenes here is their salary cap picture,” Ralph said.

“They were forced through their financial issues to push some of the salaries of players back into 2020 last year, the likes of Travis Boak and also Robbie Gray.

“They have the most cap space in the competition at $850,000, despite the fact they’re top of the ladder with an exceptional win-loss record. So they will use some of that, they’ve been given the tick off by their club hierarchy to do that.”

This matches the convo I had with CD at the last members convention. Built up over 3 years.

Going to give a plug to the recent Portress podcast interview with Jarrod Walsh.

He gives fantastic behind the scenes insight into radio, the considerations into how content is created and what differentiates it from alternative media sources.

Additionally comes across as a great bloke, sincere, thoughtful and humble. Great to have guys like this involved with the club.

Going to give a plug to the recent Portress podcast interview with Jarrod Walsh.

He gives fantastic behind the scenes insight into radio, the considerations into how content is created and what differentiates it from alternative media sources.

Additionally comes across as a great bloke, sincere, thoughtful and humble. Great to have guys like this involved with the club.

When and why did these guys stop Being part of PortFanRadio? I didn’t even know they were still doing a podcast.

When and why did these guys stop Being part of PortFanRadio? I didn’t even know they were still doing a podcast.
Yeah I thought this too, ended up having to search for them manually. There's also an Alberton Front Bar and Corn the Pear podcast too. FishingRick04 what gives?

Dennis Cometti on ABC radio this afternoon was asked who he likes for the flag - he's leaning towards Richmond, but he gives port Adelaide a good chance: "I'm a great admirer of Port Adelaide", he said. Unfortunately he spoiled it a bit by saying a Port v Brisbane Grand Final would probably have people using the asterisk word (ie given their home ground advantage).

Yeah I thought this too, ended up having to search for them manually. There's also an Alberton Front Bar and Corn the Pear podcast too. FishingRick04 what gives?

What gives? Matt and his team decided they didn’t want to operate under the PFR banner anymore. They had become “too big” for PFR.

The other shows are there you just need to tune in.

Macca19 was gutted they left.

crazy_big_al will advise ABF had tech issues

Who gives a sh*t about this bullshit 'asterisk'. I reckon this flag means more, regardless of who wins it.

Yeah look, if Port or Brisbane win it will go in the record books as a premiership, but it won't have anywhere near the legitimacy of all those Collingwood and Essendon flags acquired in a competition with 8 teams, including University.....

What gives? Matt and his team decided they didn’t want to operate under the PFR banner anymore. They had become “too big” for PFR.

Lol too big for PFR. Seriously?
Their quality is nowhere near yours.

Lol too big for PFR. Seriously?
Their quality is nowhere near yours.

It was hunourous when they left and how they left, the team was disappointed, I was merely confused because anyone producing content should chuck it up there.

Yeah look, if Port or Brisbane win it will go in the record books as a premiership, but it won't have anywhere near the legitimacy of all those Collingwood and Essendon flags acquired in a competition with 8 teams, including University.....
It's a dead set joke all our flags have to be recognised just like the vfl flags pisses me right off.

Even thought we have a lot of premierships that are more relevant than, say a flag from the 1900s, I’d be happy for premierships to be officially listed as “#VFL/AFL (#State League)” so Port as 1 AFL (36 SANFL) or Collingwood as 15 VFL/AFL (1 VFA)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn. It was nice having all the podcasts under one banner, you would think mutually beneficial too in bringing in listeners for each other. To be fair, I would listen to the Portress podcast the least out of the 4 but when you're desperate for content after a win like we just had it's useful. Ah well.

Damn. It was nice having all the podcasts under one banner, you would think mutually beneficial too in bringing in listeners for each other. To be fair, I would listen to the Portress podcast the least out of the 4 but when you're desperate for content after a win like we just had it's useful. Ah well.

What can you do hey. Their excuse was to use another app, but it was ditched for Spreaker.

Anyway

Who gives a sh*t about this bullshit 'asterisk'. I reckon this flag means more, regardless of who wins it.
Just watch Friday night's game, and tell me that winning means nothing to either side. The team that wins will know they deserve a spot in an AFL grand final, and there'll be genuine tears for the loser. Frankly, labelling this year's flag with an asterisk is an insult.

I'm fine with an *
* Note: For public health reasons, Melbourne clubs were not allowed to play all games at the MCG. Apparently this is known as a 'level playing field' and is considered unfair.
*it was a tough year for all, and some clubs resorted to whinging like bitches while others pulled their fingers out.

Who the hell are Matt and his team?

lol too big.

Just watch Friday night's game, and tell me that winning means nothing to either side. The team that wins will know they deserve a spot in an AFL grand final, and there'll be genuine tears for the loser. Frankly, labelling this year's flag with an asterisk is an insult.

Look at how badly Brisbane want it. Look at how badly the team that's already won 2 of the last 3 flags want it. Look at how badly Geelong want it, for Ablett, for Dangerfield, for Chris Scott etc. And of course, look at how badly we want to salute in our 150th year!

You can't tell me this premiership means nothing, not now.

Yeah the asterisk stuff is silly.

2016 bullflogs win with probably the most biased umpiring in the history of the game

2007/9/11 cats win with two convicted drug cheats in senior roles

1998 cows finish 5th and lose their first final and win

1905 collingwood win in a 4 team comp (or similar)

Lots of flags are silly to put in the same realm as others. All that matters is winning it.

Yeah the asterisk stuff is silly.

2016 bullflogs win with probably the most biased umpiring in the history of the game

2007/9/11 cats win with two convicted drug cheats in senior roles

1998 cows finish 5th and lose their first final and win

1905 collingwood win in a 4 team comp (or similar)

Lots of flags are silly to put in the same realm as others. All that matters is winning it.
2017 - Richmond play three finals including the Grand Final at their home ground.
2019 - Richmond play two finals including the Grand Final at their home ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back