Toast The media....*Nods Head*

Remove this Banner Ad

I wanted to dislike this, but as poorly written as it is, I just can’t disagree with the gist of it.

Why do you want to dislike it? It's true, & pretty much mirrors what is posted here daily. This team is much better than they have been playing. They probably dont realize it themselves, but they have outgrown Ken, and need a better coach to take them further.

It's like an Ash Barty at 10 years of age ... Coach does a great job, identifies her talent, over the years gets her ready to turn professional, but at some point she outgrows him and needs a better coach to take her to the top.

As some have mentioned here, Ken is a good coach in some areas. He was perfect for 2013/4 ... Its just that the squad has now outgrown him.

Why do you want to dislike it? It's true, & pretty much mirrors what is posted here daily. This team is much better than they have been playing. They probably dont realize it themselves, but they have outgrown Ken, and need a better coach to take them further.

It's like an Ash Barty at 10 years of age ... Coach does a great job, identifies her talent, over the years gets her ready to turn professional, but at some point she outgrows him and needs a better coach to take her to the top.

As some have mentioned here, Ken is a good coach in some areas. He was perfect for 2013/4 ... Its just that the squad has now outgrown him.

I want to disagree with it (someone’s criticising my club) but I don’t disagree with the points made (I agree with the criticism, hence posting it in this thread)

Does that help your comprehension?

I want to disagree with it (someone’s criticising my club) but I don’t disagree with the points made (I agree with the criticism, hence posting it in this thread)

Does that help your comprehension?
Yep, got it!

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Tom Rockliff tells it as he sees it in today's press. Tom says he has only been retired for ten games but he can hardly recognise the game he played for over 20 years. Rockliff writes that the game is over officiated and that players are frustrated by the constant changes and that the tweaks to the rules introduced over the past 5 years have not worked.

Tom Rockliff adds that when he was playing he would sit through explanations of rule changes and at the end the umpire's official explaining the changes would admit that he could not see how the umpires would interpret the changes.

Tom is not the only one having a dip at the AFL. Tony Shaw has also weighed in. Shaw points out it's 'hands off the ump' policy is turning people off. There have to be limits on personal abuse but the umpires have always copped abuse and anyone, male or female, who cannot handle the crowd should not umpire. It would be nice if this 'protect the ump' policy did not extend into the commentary box and FOXTEL commentators were allowed to question the pedantic and inconsistent decisions made by umpires or at least criticise the AFL for introducing some stupid rule changes.

In last weekends Hawks v Brisbane game there were 63 free kicks awarded and if that is repeated too often the game should be renamed free kick.

Time for the AFL to wind the clock back and allow more body contact before the contested mark disappears for good.

Oh poor, Tibbs.
Weren’t you the Mensa guy?
Yours words mate ... I just happen to find the "no one else is allowed to criticise my club, except me" stance a little amusing. Especially given the climate among many Port posters here of actually wanting the team to lose so as to build external pressure on Hinkley so that he goes. Comments that "he has everyone brainwashed," abound. "Why aren't the footy media getting stuck into him," etc. And when they do ...

We should all be welcoming criticism of the team and coaches if we want Hinkley out of Alberton!. Pour the pressure on the club to do something!

I find that quite simple logic to understand.

Yours words mate ... I just happen to find the "no one else is allowed to criticise my club, except me" stance a little amusing. Especially given the climate among many Port posters here of actually wanting the team to lose so as to build external pressure on Hinkley so that he goes. Comments that "he has everyone brainwashed," abound. "Why aren't the footy media getting stuck into him," etc. And when they do ...

We should all be welcoming criticism of the team and coaches if we want Hinkley out of Alberton!. Pour the pressure on the club to do something!

You really are a simpleton.

How is it hard to grasp the fact that nobody likes an outsider potting the club, but at the same time you agree that it needs to be done (and you agree with said criticism too)?

Haha - I was watching this yesterday and laughed when he was given incorrect. RussellEbertHandball would appreciate the reply to this tweet from his mate, the Airport Economist...

Haha that is exactly the sort of comments he always makes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A telling discussion on 360 tonight?

With North and GWS both officially circling Clarkson, Whateley and Robinson mused about which role, if either, Clarkson might choose. Whateley suggested it would be neither, believing Clarkson might find a more interesting role at the end of 2023.

I object to the premise that there will be no other coaching roles going at the end of this season, and Whateley is incredibly smarmy, but he's not empirically stupid. It's all but impossible for Hinkley to thread the needle for another contract extension. It won't come this season. It can't come next season unless we win the flag, and I don't think club or coach has the intestinal fortitude to wait until the last days of September.

I hope there's a vacancy at Port tomorrow, but, if not, there will be a vacancy at Port at the end of next year.

A telling discussion on 360 tonight?

With North and GWS both officially circling Clarkson, Whateley and Robinson mused about which role, if either, Clarkson might choose. Whateley suggested it would be neither, believing Clarkson might find a more interesting role at the end of 2023.

I object to the premise that there will be no other coaching roles going at the end of this season, and Whateley is incredibly smarmy, but he's not empirically stupid. It's all but impossible for Hinkley to thread the needle for another contract extension. It won't come this season. It can't come next season unless we win the flag, and I don't think club or coach has the intestinal fortitude to wait until the last days of September.

I hope there's a vacancy at Port tomorrow, but, if not, there will be a vacancy at Port at the end of next year.

I don't watch the show because I can't stand Whateley anymore but he'd be referring to Tasmania I believe

I don't watch the show because I can't stand Whateley anymore but he'd be referring to Tasmania I believe

Yeah, I don't doubt that there will be plenty of other jobs (head coach or otherwise) available at the end of next year, but I still appreciate that someone is bringing more nuance to the discussion than "Clarkson must coach one of the teams that has already sacked their coach in 2022." The rest of my post is a house of cards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back